Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-09-2014, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will when you admit that Before Midnight is the greatest movie of all time.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:41 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
This all sounds correct. I could still be persuaded to see it. Probably rather easily.
In all honesty I could as well. After all, its summer popcorn season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:52 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Long-Term Captain America Storyline Theorizing in the Spoiler

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:07 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only thing was is agent 13 was on cap's side in this movie. What would change that? Not a bad theory but hasn't Evans only been in 3 Marvel movies at this point outside the Fantastic 4 series? Which I'm assuming doesnt count.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Only thing was is agent 13 was on cap's side in this movie. What would change that? Not a bad theory but hasn't Evans only been in 3 Marvel movies at this point outside the Fantastic 4 series? Which I'm assuming doesnt count.
Yea, he's signed up for Avengers 2 and 3 and Captain America 3. That's his 6.

Regarding Agent 13:

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-10-2014, 08:21 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post

Regarding Agent 13:

Ah, that makes a bit more sense in both regards. I could see it, these movies could use a big shake up to the universe.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-10-2014, 08:54 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Long-Term Captain America Storyline Theorizing in the Spoiler

In the comic book I remember that Bucky was Captain America for a stretch.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:41 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ign gave amazing spiderman 2 a 6.9 which means expect most other reviews to be even lower. I wasn't a fan of the original reboot so doubt I'll see this in the theaters.
I just bought my tickets to see it. Screw the critics, I'm going to love it. And the theatre I go to usually creates a special cocktail for big movie releases so there's something else to be excited about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I will when you admit that Before Midnight is the greatest movie of all time.
I put Before Midnight on my Netflix queue. Do I need to see the first two movies first or can I just watch Before Midnight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I put Before Midnight on my Netflix queue. Do I need to see the first two movies first or can I just watch Before Midnight?
You need to see the first two.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-10-2014, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

I'm gonna see the new Spider-Man movie too.

1. RHINO!! 2. Electro. 3. The fight scenes in the previews look sweet. 4. Kids.

The third movie in the original trilogy still angers me because I hated what they did with Venom.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-10-2014, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
I'm gonna see the new Spider-Man movie too.

1. RHINO!! 2. Electro. 3. The fight scenes in the previews look sweet. 4. Kids.

The third movie in the original trilogy still angers me because I hated what they did with Venom.
Venom was, believe it or not, one of the smaller issues I had with that movie. Still, for a fan favorite I am shocked they haven't done a proper spiderman movie with him as the main villain, leading up to a team up against Carnage.

Either way, the new spiderman series for having Webb as a director, and Garfield and Stone as leads has far more potential than what its lived up to thus far. Plus movies with this many villains ALWAYS gets cluttered story wise.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-10-2014, 10:49 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Regarding Agent 13:

After Cap 3 and Avengers 2 and 3 I think the current Avengers story arc will have run it's course.

Of course, Marvel will still want to make money off of this stuff, but I doubt Evans or RDJ will still be around wanting to make more Iron Man, Captain America, and Avengers movies. This current thing they have can only last so long. They made a nice Iron Man trilogy with RDJ and ended his story arc. I don't think Iron Man 4 is in the cards anytime soon. They'll probably reboot or something like that by the time Avengers three is done.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:52 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The big turnoff from The Amazing Spider-man was how long it took to retell his origin story....and we had just done the Raimi Spider-man trilogy a few years before. It's tired. The retake isn't that much different (as compared to say when Nolan rebooted Batman). It was still a pretty decent Spidey movie, I think the 2nd one will be impressive, I like how they tie all the villains and Spider-man's powers all together into Oscorp experiments.

One thing I don't like is how they're gonna do a Sinister Six movie. Who are they gonna fight? Spider-man ain't gonna be in it. Maybe in a cameo. I can see how a Venom movie makes sense, but a Sinister Six movie should just be a Spider-man sequel, not a stand alone feature IMO.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Meh, Iron man 2 was super underwhelming and Iron man 3 wasn't even an iron man movie. Mega Pepper Pots!!!!!!

Thus far I'd put the Thor and Captain series over the iron man one. They need to make a Ruffalo Hulk movie. Do it Marvel, do it.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-10-2014, 10:59 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

They do need to make a Hulk movie with Ruffalo for sure. With the pull of the MCU behind it, it'll make bank. Anything they do will make a ton of cash really at this point. We can finally get the Hulk movie fans deserve.

Iron Man 2 and 3 get a lot worse of a rep from fans than they deserve. RDJ carries those movies himself, so they are still very enjoyable good action hero flicks. Mandarin could've been so much better. Still, point is they wrapped up the Iron Man story arc with a triilogy and I think they'll do the same with Thor and Captain America.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Agreed that they still were entertaining in large part to RDJ being perfect for the role, but that hardly rectifies either from being mediocre (2) to bad (3) movies. I think wrapping each up in 3 movies would be enough, the question is where to go from there? Reboot of the series? No way They just drop the most successful franchise of all time when its all said and done. The post-avenger discussion intrigues me.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-10-2014, 11:22 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You need to see the first two.
Thanks. I have them on my queue too and I wanted some guidance before I removed them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
The big turnoff from The Amazing Spider-man was how long it took to retell his origin story....and we had just done the Raimi Spider-man trilogy a few years before. It's tired. The retake isn't that much different (as compared to say when Nolan rebooted Batman). It was still a pretty decent Spidey movie, I think the 2nd one will be impressive, I like how they tie all the villains and Spider-man's powers all together into Oscorp experiments.
I had the same reservations about the Amazing Spider-Man. Rebooting it so soon after the previous iteration was pretty stupid. But I went in trying to judge the movie absent the Tobey McGuire version and I think I actually liked it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

They rebooted Spidey so they wouldn't lose the rights. Same reason they rebooted X-Men and planning F4.

As for Marvel, there's plenty of direction they can go while they weed out guys like Iron Man, Thor, and Cap. Don't forget, they are introducing Ant-Man and Wasp soon, both Avengers. Falcon could definitely be expanded on and has been a core Avengers member. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are coming in the next movie. The Doctor Strange name-drop in The Winter Soldier likely means he'll be coming soon. You have to think Black Panther will make an appearance at some point. If (when) they do another Hulk movie, we could get She-Hulk.

While I think they will eventually move past the current core of characters, I think the Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man movies are proof enough that they aren't scared to make movies about traditionally "less popular" or "under the radar" heroes.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-10-2014, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

A problem I have with the Iron Man sequels is that they really don't do much to contribute to The Avengers in general. Outside of introducing Natasha in 2, they have no effect on the big plotting at all.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-10-2014, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
A problem I have with the Iron Man sequels is that they really don't do much to contribute to The Avengers in general. Outside of introducing Natasha in 2, they have no effect on the big plotting at all.
Which is funny since most pegged the second one to be nothing but a trailer for Avengers. But in the grand scheme of things yeah, it was just a bunch of nods to it as opposed to a definitive set up.

And i don't think its really a problem, but maybe it could be. Do we really want these stand alone movies to be tie ins or set ups for the avenger movies? The marvel movies to me have always been relatively surface level films. Theyre fine action movies and fun to sit through but they don't really touch on a ton of important themes, and when they do not in any real meaningful depth. I'm wondering if allowing them to have a bit more breathing room aside from setting up future installments would allow for a bit more of that. Or perhaps a better writer can just do both. Just some random thoughts I guess.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-10-2014, 02:08 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
They rebooted Spidey so they wouldn't lose the rights. Same reason they rebooted X-Men and planning F4.

As for Marvel, there's plenty of direction they can go while they weed out guys like Iron Man, Thor, and Cap. Don't forget, they are introducing Ant-Man and Wasp soon, both Avengers. Falcon could definitely be expanded on and has been a core Avengers member. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are coming in the next movie. The Doctor Strange name-drop in The Winter Soldier likely means he'll be coming soon. You have to think Black Panther will make an appearance at some point. If (when) they do another Hulk movie, we could get She-Hulk.

While I think they will eventually move past the current core of characters, I think the Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man movies are proof enough that they aren't scared to make movies about traditionally "less popular" or "under the radar" heroes.

Yeah, no doubt they will keep making movies. Doctor Strange and Black Panther are gonna be announced soonish I would wager. Not to mention Guardians 2 (and maybe 3 eventually) will be made in the future, and maybe sequels to all those. Black Widow and Hawkeye might get a movie spinoff, same with Nick Fury. Plus Captain Marvel, Nova, etc. could all get some movies in the future.

My point is though that Iron Man and Captain America and Thor will end soon, probably after Avengers 3 and Cap 3 and Thor 3, unless they make Iron Man 4 maybe. They're eventually gonna have to reboot or recast those characters, or do like you said and use a different Cap other than Steve Rogers. Those 3 are the big Marvel cash cows too (discluding ones who are owned by Fox and Sony).

Hopefully in the distant future we'll see Spidey and X-Men and Fantastic Four back in the hands of Marvel and Disney for movie rights.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
They do need to make a Hulk movie with Ruffalo for sure. With the pull of the MCU behind it, it'll make bank. Anything they do will make a ton of cash really at this point. We can finally get the Hulk movie fans deserve.

Iron Man 2 and 3 get a lot worse of a rep from fans than they deserve. RDJ carries those movies himself, so they are still very enjoyable good action hero flicks. Mandarin could've been so much better. Still, point is they wrapped up the Iron Man story arc with a triilogy and I think they'll do the same with Thor and Captain America.
Interesting enough, the Marvel short All Hail the King has made the Mandarin angle (which I thought was ******** in Iron Man 3) a lot better. I wonder if that was done because of the negative reaction regarding the reveal. Thank you Shane Black.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 04-10-2014 at 02:55 PM.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I loved that they even acknowledged how ****** the Mandarin is in Iron Man 3 when they have Guy Pierces character proclaim "I'm the mandarin". Yeah, ok Shane Black......Whatever you think makes up for that **** of an excuse reason for portraying him like you did.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-10-2014, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Also the Netflix series that is slated to begin soon with Daredevil, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage getting their own mini series. The Defenders are going to be made which is cool.

Quote:
Old 04-10-2014, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
I loved that they even acknowledged how ****** the Mandarin is in Iron Man 3 when they have Guy Pierces character proclaim "I'm the mandarin". Yeah, ok Shane Black......Whatever you think makes up for that **** of an excuse reason for portraying him like you did.
Yes, Killion unfortunately turned out to be just another evil white industrialist which we already had in Iron Man 1 and 2. And him fighting Iron Man with his shirt off and doing flaming karate chops doesn't make him the Mandarin. Kind of reminded me of the second Fantastic Four film when Galactus was just a huge cloud. The film is already over the top anyway, just make Galactus, Galatcus. Just like the Mandarin should be the Mandarin, not a vague metaphorical interpretation of him suited for modern times. And no one would have thought the Mandarin was a racist name for folks who were thinking that. That's just stupid. It's 2014. Come on.

/nerd rant over.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 04-10-2014 at 03:03 PM.