Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-23-2014, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will never stop! Never. Inherent Vice is going to be sooooo good.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
How many Steve Jobs is Hollywood going to make before I don't care anymore? I get he was a great man and everything but do we seriously needs this many movies made about the same guy in like the last 4 years?
This bitter cynic in me thinks one of these films should focus on his decision to use alternative medicine in attempt to cure his cancer.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
This bitter cynic in me thinks one of these films should focus on his decision to use alternative medicine in attempt to cure his cancer.
Steve Jobs was such a tard.

Jobs the movie was so ******* bad. You all should check out Pirates of Silicon Valley. It's actually really good.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:05 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Thats why you need to stop at least temporarily. Its killing me. I loved the book, the cast is great, PTA is the best. Its gonna be awesome and I can't deal with waiting.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also watched Thanks or Sharing. Okay film. Gwyneth Paltrow in lingerie is a bonus. Tim Robbins and Mark Ruffalo are always a pleasure.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Steve Jobs was such a tard.

Jobs the movie was so ******* bad. You all should check out Pirates of Silicon Valley. It's actually really good.
To be fair, I think focusing on that part of his life actually could provide some good material for a movie. The problem is finding a tram with the balls to make it.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:38 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Of those I ******* LOVE Punch Drunk Love. Reign over Me is really good. Really enjoyed Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
I don't know where to stand with Mitty.

I really loved it, thought it was shot really beautifully, but the story was only so, so.

Also, some one just tried to call spoilers on me for Hoop Dreams! It came out in '94, is a documentary about basketball. If you thought one of the guys made it, you would know their NAME!

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Last edited by dabears10 : 04-23-2014 at 09:44 PM.
dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hoop Dreams is the greatest documentary ever...how dare you spoil it

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reign over me was a pretty decent movie, but Sandler was terrific in it. Wish hed take more roles like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:06 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Hoop Dreams is the greatest documentary ever...how dare you spoil it
Feel like you've been angry with lots of my posts. No need to hold a grudge over Before Midnight!

Old 04-23-2014, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Feel like you've been angry with lots of my posts. No need to hold a grudge over Before Midnight!
I WILL HOLD A GRUDGE, IT IS THE GREATEST MOVIE EVER. ALSO, I'M 99% SURE YOU POST ON FAN AND I WILL YELL AS A I PLEASE. Ahem.

PS Hoop Dreams rules

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-24-2014, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spanglish was fun. Too bad it fell apart in the third act. Paz Vega is gorgeous though.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:49 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched 12 Years a Slave last night. I'm pretty sure Hans Zimmer mailed it in on the score. Part of it was blatantly ripped from Inception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actor Bob Hoskins, best known for roles in Who Framed Roger Rabbit and the Super Mario Bros. movie, has passed away aged 71 as a result of pneumonia.

Hoskins died on Tuesday in hospital, surrounded by family, according to his agent.

Though he retired from acting in 2012 after being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease, his back-catalogue of work is gargantuan. He was arguably best known for films including Hook, The Long Good Friday and Who Framed Roger Rabbit, though was also nominated for a Best Actor Oscar in 1986 for Mona Lisa.

Gamers will probably best remember him from the 1993 movie adaptation of Super Mario Bros. in which he played the red-garbed plumber. Even though it drew incredibly negative reviews from critics, the wider public and even the man himself, it still remains a memorable movie, even if not for the right reasons.

His final movie was 2012's Snow White and the Huntsman, in which he starred opposite Chris Hemsworth and Kristen Stewart. Our best wishes go out to his family and friends.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/...?+main+twitter

:(

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 04-30-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smee Smee what about Smee!

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Neighbors is getting awesome reviews. I could use a solid comedy, been awhile.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Loving this, but I would love a V or Gravity's Rainbow miniseries.

Just PTA and TP in cahoots makes it almost to good to be true. Thank god PTA didn't put his baby mama in it, she was wooden as hell in Idiocracy.

But McCarthy's participation in the Counselors didn't save that mess. I just am waiting for a Blood Meridian movie.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was better...well, more or less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:13 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Quip View Post
Loving this, but I would love a V or Gravity's Rainbow miniseries.

Just PTA and TP in cahoots makes it almost to good to be true. Thank god PTA didn't put his baby mama in it, she was wooden as hell in Idiocracy.

But McCarthy's participation in the Counselors didn't save that mess. I just am waiting for a Blood Meridian movie.
I thought Rudolph did have a role in it? Anyway, she's fine. Away We Go was a good enough lead performance and she does her job in Bridesmaids and The Way, Way Back. Nothing special but not exactly a detraction, in my mind.

On the McCarthy note, I just finished reading Child of God and apparently James Franco made a film out of it? Curious as to how that worked. He also tried making a film out of As I Lay Dying. Getting pretty tired of your ****, Franco.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post

Thank you! I can't believe people thought that remake was better than the original.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-01-2014, 01:13 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any one gone and seen draft day? is it a actually good football or just the NFL and hollywood cashing in on the draft?
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:35 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Any one gone and seen draft day? is it a actually good football or just the NFL and hollywood cashing in on the draft?
Everything is a bit ridiculous. If I knew nothing about the process, you could enjoy it. It had a forced love interest thing that didn't really need to be there and it has the only coach in the world demanding to get a RB.

Watch it when it comes to instant or dvd or whatever.

Old 05-01-2014, 07:46 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Everything is a bit ridiculous. If I knew nothing about the process, you could enjoy it. It had a forced love interest thing that didn't really need to be there and it has the only coach in the world demanding to get a RB.

Good Idea. It did look good. But I'll wait. I just thought I d go see a movie but I'll wait till next week and go see spider man 2 maybe road trip to nearest Imax in need.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Really looking forward to watching The Double tonight. Have been looking forward to watching it for a while.

I will also once again recommend Enemy. Super weird.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:

You know what isn't ridiculous? You can finish this thought for me.

RIP TheManInBlack