Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-16-2014, 05:44 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was a little disappointed in Gojira. I may have let myself get a little to hyped for it, but still feel it could have been a lot better.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:18 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe it's because I went in with no expectations, but I enjoyed TASM2. It had some problems, but I enjoyed it more than the first.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was such a huge fan of Godzilla as a kid, I watched damn near all of them on VHS as a little kid. Don't know why but I absolutely loved them. When the Matthew Broderick one came out I was so damn pumped. Now I am 25 years old and can't wait to see the new one this weekend. Feel like a kid again.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The new trailer for Interstellar has me so ******* excited. It looks amazing. Was even better seeing it on a huge screen
Old 05-16-2014, 06:02 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"As imaginative a sci-fi tale as District 9"

They know how to market to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Am I alone in not enjoying The Amazing Spider-Man 2? I thought it was pretty mediocre.
I thought Jamie Fox's character absolutely ruined the movie. Actually all the villian's were straight out of those bad Batman movies. Just terrible. Definitely liked the first one better...even though that villian sucked too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Jaime Foxx did a great job and I thought DeHaan killed it as the Green Goblin. The first one bored me and I did not enjoy it. This one was pulpy and fun.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw Godzilla. My thoughts:

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 05-16-2014 at 07:55 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Ness why you gotta go and ruin the Cranston arc in the movie? One thing I thought was hilarious about Godzilla was how dumb the military was and it actually made the first hour and a bit more enjoyable to me. The movie absolutely needed more Cranston. I felt it did drag after about the first 30 minutes until act 3. Act 3 was just so ******* great though. It was everything I want out of a monster movie.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Ness why you gotta go and ruin the Cranston arc in the movie? One thing I thought was hilarious about Godzilla was how dumb the military was and it actually made the first hour and a bit more enjoyable to me. The movie absolutely needed more Cranston. I felt it did drag after about the first 30 minutes until act 3. Act 3 was just so ******* great though. It was everything I want out of a monster movie.
Cranston didn't have an arc though. Which is unfortunate because he was the only character that I cared about. The final act is action packed, but the last 15-20 minutes didn't pay off for me for everything else I essentially had to sit through. I would still recommend folks go see it.

One thing I thought was funny was Ken Watanabe's character just running around being chased by his little assistant (was she even needed in the film?) with his mouth always opened in awe.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 05-16-2014 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

I agree. I cared pretty much only about Cranston. Ken Watanabe was pretty cool too but Cranston was amazing.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoyed Gojira for the most part. They could have done a better job with the human characters, but it looked great and it's certainly better than some of the past ****** characterizations. Interstellar trailer= win.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Pretty much exactly my thoughts Brodeur. That trailer was incredible. Godzilla was not without its faults but it was damn enjoyable.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:21 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interstellar looks beyond dope

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:35 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I enjoyed Gojira for the most part. They could have done a better job with the human characters, but it looked great and it's certainly better than some of the past ****** characterizations. Interstellar trailer= win.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gojira is his actual Japanese name.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I thought Jaime Foxx did a great job.
Wow. You cant be serious. Max was about as believable and good a character as the skit characters on Telemundo. They didn't even attempt to explain why he became "Electro". And his motivation to kill spiderman boiled down to, ....actually still trying to figure that out. DeHaan was good as Harry but a joke as the Goblin. ...for all of 5 mins.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

I was so happy when Ken Watanabe referred to him as Gojira. My girlfriend called me racist as well so I told her exactly what Cig just said!
Old 05-16-2014, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Wow. You cant be serious. Max was about as believable and good a character as the skit characters on Telemundo. They didn't even attempt to explain why he became "Electro". And his motivation to kill spiderman boiled down to, ....actually still trying to figure that out. DeHaan was good as Harry but a joke as the Goblin. ...for all of 5 mins.
Well I don't think we as an audience need to be told a ton of technobabble exposition on how he became Electro. I don't believe that is important to the purpose he serves for the narrative. All we know is that he's a guy that is really out of touch with reality, has an accident and gains strange abilities. I think Foxx did a good job as him as well. Acting wise. The character isn't particularly deep or anything, but for what Foxx was given in the script, I thought he was fairly solid at trying to sell it.

And I'm pretty sure what we see as The Goblin is just a precursor to what we'll get in the next film.

Quote:
Old 05-16-2014, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Well I don't think we as an audience need to be told a ton of technobabble exposition on how he became Electro. I don't believe that is important to the purpose he serves for the narrative. All we know is that he's a guy that is really out of touch with reality, has an accident and gains strange abilities. I think Foxx did a good job as him as well. Acting wise. The character isn't particularly deep or anything, but for what Foxx was given in the script, I thought he was fairly solid at trying to sell it.

And I'm pretty sure what we see as The Goblin is just a precursor to what we'll get in the next film.

Sure. If we're watching a 90's superhero movie.

Wow. Again about Fox. It was one of the silliest characters I've seen in the recent comic book movies. A character he might have made while on In Living Color. His switch to super villain was painfully absurd, even for a comic movie. Not even the actual transformation but Oscorp Max into Dr. Manhattan style super villain.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.

Last edited by Brown Leader : 05-16-2014 at 11:18 PM.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:34 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Movie recommendations pls.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thought Foxx was one of the few bright spots of ASM2. Not a great movie by any means, but he did a fine job.

Neighbors was funny, but it's one of those movies I can't help but feel gave way too much away in the trailers. Not laugh out loud funny like This Is The End.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:50 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Movie recommendations pls.
For netflix AMERICAAAAA:
Narco Cultura
Mortified Nation
Short Term 12
The Hunt
Classic Pick: Easy Rider

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Sure. If we're watching a 90's superhero movie.

Wow. Again about Fox. It was one of the silliest characters I've seen in the recent comic book movies. A character he might have made while on In Living Color. His switch to super villain was painfully absurd, even for a comic movie. Not even the actual transformation but Oscorp Max into Dr. Manhattan style super villain.
Or if we're just watching any superhero movie that derives the origin of a lot of super powered beings from 1960's material. The same thing happened to The Hulk. We're not told the background of gamma rays or the science behind it. We're simply told what it does for the purpose of the narrative. Why do we need to know the exact science behind how Electro received his powers? How does this help or hurt the motivation of his character?

Dr. Manhattan style super villain? What do you mean by that. His powers?

Quote:
Old 05-17-2014, 02:34 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

watch this movie

thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote