Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-18-2008, 08:36 AM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post
I watched the first three episodes and then got side tracked off of it...I hope it comes out on DVD soon so I can catch up on it...

it really was outstanding though...Giamatti is great in just about everything he does...
wow thats funny i did the exact same thing. ya i watched 3 episodes and it just got sort of stale. i would like to continue from where i left off on demand or something

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
It's pretty good considering how much it covers in only 6 episodes. Laura Linney is fantastic as Abagail Adams, and the casting is all around pretty good (David Morse makes an awesome Washington). I enjoyed watching it, especially considering how historically accurate it's supposed to be.
not to mention Ebon-Moss Bachrach as the young John Quincy. Tom Wilkinson was perfectly cast as Ben Franklin and Morse was great as Washington. Zeljko Ivanek will fantastic as John Dickinson, and will most certainly get some name roles now.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is quite possibly the worst week in the year to be sick.

I ******* missed FSM. **** you flu

Old 04-18-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to wait until thursday to see it. I hate life.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:38 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you guys are really impatient

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:38 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I have to wait until thursday to see it. I hate life.
i feel for you, gonzo.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:39 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
you guys are really impatient
you should really be quiet!

have you any clue how long we've been WAITING!

Old 04-18-2008, 07:39 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
you should really be quiet!

have you any clue how long we've been WAITING!
I'm gonna go see it Monday but if I really wanted to i could see it tonight

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The first words I spoke were "When the **** is Forgetting Sarah Marshall coming out. Ben Foster is god."
Old 04-18-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Mine is a slight variation of the above.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:44 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you want to watch 88 minutes...don't. It's terrible. In a real-time thriller, your supposed to feel the tension, and feel the time ticking down (nick of time and phone booth both did this well). As the 88 minutes got shorter and shorter, i felt no real sense of urgency.

Not to mention, the movie didn't make a lick of sense. I reccomend avoiding it.

On another note...Cloverfield was awesome. I haven't seen a more intense movie. I actually felt like i was in New York with the characters. And the special effects are amazing, i cant believe they pulled that off.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:49 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anybody seen Hard Candy?

That movies B.A
Old 04-18-2008, 11:51 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Has anybody seen Hard Candy?

That movies B.A

Yes, and by the time the movie was halfway over I was cheering for the guy.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:05 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
If you want to watch 88 minutes...don't. It's terrible. In a real-time thriller, your supposed to feel the tension, and feel the time ticking down (nick of time and phone booth both did this well). As the 88 minutes got shorter and shorter, i felt no real sense of urgency.

Not to mention, the movie didn't make a lick of sense. I reccomend avoiding it.

On another note...Cloverfield was awesome. I haven't seen a more intense movie. I actually felt like i was in New York with the characters. And the special effects are amazing, i cant believe they pulled that off.
Comes out on Tuesday...cant wait to pick it up. I saw it twice in theatres.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:09 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Yes, and by the time the movie was halfway over I was cheering for the guy.
The movie would have been so much better if...

The dude turned out to be innocent...Ellen Paige was so damn annoying in that movie.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:21 AM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw Across the Universe last night. it was eh. of course the music was great, but the plot was weak and it felt like every song was just a random music video. jim sturgess was decent in it but the rest of the cast either under or over acted through most of the movie.
but it was a very creative idea and the sets and costumes were also very impressive
5/10

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:29 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Phone Booth was great.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
The movie would have been so much better if...

The dude turned out to be innocent...Ellen Paige was so damn annoying in that movie.
she's a great young actress....what do you expect when there are only three people in the whole damn movie...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:24 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Dilemma:

Stay an extra day at TriBeCa and miss the first day of the draft. See The Wackness, This is Not a Robbery, Yonkers Joe, and Hotel Gramercy Park. Unfortunately due to incredibly poor planning on my part I will not be in town for Baghead or War Inc.

I will for sure be seeing Bart Got A Room and maybe Baby Mama on Friday and Wednesday respectively but should I stay the extra day? I do have TiVo...

Old 04-20-2008, 01:48 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

considering you probably payed money to be at this film festival....I'd say stay as long as you want...
Old 04-20-2008, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Dilemma:

Stay an extra day at TriBeCa and miss the first day of the draft. See The Wackness, This is Not a Robbery, Yonkers Joe, and Hotel Gramercy Park. Unfortunately due to incredibly poor planning on my part I will not be in town for Baghead or War Inc.

I will for sure be seeing Bart Got A Room and maybe Baby Mama on Friday and Wednesday respectively but should I stay the extra day? I do have TiVo...
Sucks that you will be missing War Inc. If it was me I would see how the fest is going, read the buzz on the movies and decide then. That is a killer dilemma, draft are film fest. I wouldn't know what to do.

BTW JagHombre, if it works anything like other film fests unless he has bought a package deal with numerous tickets he is most likelt paying for individual tickets so he won't be losing money if he leaves early.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Sucks that you will be missing War Inc. If it was me I would see how the fest is going, read the buzz on the movies and decide then. That is a killer dilemma, draft are film fest. I wouldn't know what to do.

BTW JagHombre, if it works anything like other film fests unless he has bought a package deal with numerous tickets he is most likelt paying for individual tickets so he won't be losing money if he leaves early.
ah...I see...kindof like the fair!
Old 04-20-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

I won't be losing any money, im going by individual tickets

Old 04-20-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

It's looking like a "**** it, I'll go to Toronto" sitch

Old 04-20-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
It's looking like a "**** it, I'll go to Toronto" sitch
Toronto is just as good as Sundance in every way. I would suggest if you are going to miss the best films anyways you save up and come to Toronto. You can join me and my other friends. The TIFF is every movie lovers dream.