Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-22-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingboy2999 View Post
Yeah, in this thread in particular.
Yeah, I'm done argueing about it. Alright movie in my opinion, nothing special.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know what was a good movie Cruel Intentions
Old 04-22-2008, 10:45 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
not enought action. Thats what I thought, i thought there would be more blood and people dieing like gangs of new york

Also what is with people leaving giant spaces and whiting out what they write.

******* Idoits
It's obvious you missed the entire concept of the movie. You have now been blacklisted and are no longer welcome into any arts cinema in the nation.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll admit... I got some goose bumps when he was screaming while on the crapper and fighting that huge deuce.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
It's obvious you missed the entire concept of the movie. You have now been blacklisted and are no longer welcome into any arts cinema in the nation.
yeah well I'll just borrow it from the internet stop me now

I like to enjoy movies for their action not read into the them, can't i just enjoy it.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:12 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
yeah well I'll just borrow it from the internet stop me now

I like to enjoy movies for their action not read into the them, can't i just enjoy it.
no....

just kidding...I love watching movies to just watch them...
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:11 AM    (permalink
fondoffilm
Rookie

fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.

So,

There Will Be Blood or No Country for Old Men? Don't give me any "they're different kinds of movies" BS. Let's hear it.

I still give the slight edge to No Country, but damn is it close.
fondoffilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There Will Be Blood and it isn't close. I loved No Country and it is my second favorite film of last year but There Will Be Blood was truly genious.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:34 AM    (permalink
fondoffilm
Rookie

fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
There Will Be Blood and it isn't close. I loved No Country and it is my second favorite film of last year but There Will Be Blood was truly genious.
Not close? Not even a little? Pretty please?

Seriously, they're both tremendous. Nobody comes close to Daniel Day-Lewis' greatness, and TWBB is as good as it gets in terms of character studies, but I absolutely loved the bitter tale told in No Country. For me it's closer than close.

2007 was a pretty solid year for cinema.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:38 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NCFOM was great but it can't stand up to TWBB, Daniel Day-Lewis is just an insane actor, watched it again for the 1st time in awhile and all of his speeches just seem epic.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:41 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very solid year for cinema I would say. Its not often you get P.T. Anderson, Wes Anderson, Quentin Tarantino/Robert Rodriquez, the Coens, Danny Boyle, Judd Apatow, Tim Burton, and David Fincher releasing movies in the same year.

I understand why someone can like No Country For Old Men better then Blood but in all my years watching movies no film has made me sit there jaw agap and then just sitting still and not talking throughtout the credits like There Will Be Blood did. I knew coming out of the film I had just viewed something special, a film that will be remember years from now as one of the greats. While I loved No Country and it was my second favorite in a very strong year for cinema I think it speaks volumes about how much I loved Blood because I don't need to think about which I liked more for even a second.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:55 AM    (permalink
fondoffilm
Rookie

Quote:
Very solid year for cinema I would say. Its not often you get P.T. Anderson, Wes Anderson, Quentin Tarantino/Robert Rodriquez, the Coens, Danny Boyle, Judd Apatow, Tim Burton, and David Fincher releasing movies in the same year.

I understand why someone can like No Country For Old Men better then Blood but in all my years watching movies no film has made me sit there jaw agap and then just sitting still and not talking throughtout the credits like There Will Be Blood did. I knew coming out of the film I had just viewed something special, a film that will be remember years from now as one of the greats. While I loved No Country and it was my second favorite in a very strong year for cinema I think it speaks volumes about how much I loved Blood because I don't need to think about which I liked more for even a second.
Well said.

I'm REALLY glad I saw both in theaters. Nothing like that experience.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:05 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I think it was close...I saw NCFOM first and then I saw TWBB...I absolutely loved NCFOM because of it's articulation in the direction it was going, meaning it had a goal to accomplish and that was to make the viewer think. It succeeded.

TWBB was an extremely deep movie with very complex characters and one of the most complex characters I've ever seen, in Daniel Plainview, played by Daniel Day-Lewis. Everything he touches is gold, IMO. The battle between Daniel Plainview and Eli is one of the best character rivalries I've ever seen in a movie and half of said tension was not even spoken. The way Daniel looked at Eli, the way Eli envied Daniel...truly a masterpiece.

It's close but TWBB was the better movie.
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:22 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

No country actually had blood
Danel Day-Lewis beat a guy with a pin

hmmmmm to close to call, I liked both. If i had to pick it would be No country becuase I like action movies and fighting and stuff it this was pretty close.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:30 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NCFOM & TWBB were both GREAT movies, i give a small edge to No Country
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:33 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub11 View Post
NCFOM & TWBB were both GREAT movies, i give a small edge to No Country
because it took place in Texas
Old 04-23-2008, 10:56 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marfa, TX both actually.

TWBB for me also and it's not close at all

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:04 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching The Mist now.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 04-23-2008, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Watching The Mist now.

Such suprisingly good movie. The ending is incredible.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:22 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Such suprisingly good movie. The ending is incredible.
I'm only watching it because I "borrowed" it and my friend said he was watching it. And then I got an IM from him that was just "boooooooo" and I knew it probably had to do with the ending.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 04-23-2008, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

If by booooooooooo he meant this ending kicks the **** out of almost every other ending. It's a big **** you to the audience and it is awesome.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:28 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

I'm at the part where they are in the back with the generator. When the skin got ripped off it reminded me of Carl with the Trees in the forest during ATHF.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 04-23-2008, 12:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm at the part where they are in the back with the generator. When the skin got ripped off it reminded me of Carl with the Trees in the forest during ATHF.
lol at the Shermanator bashing his head on the loading door.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:32 PM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
lol at the Shermanator bashing his head on the loading door.
That was AWESOME too.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
Old 04-23-2008, 12:36 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wanna see this movie now...ive heard nothing but good. And apparently the ending is spectacular, but i heard its pretty depressing as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote