Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-16-2008, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am with the both of you. Fight the power and Cloverfield lovers.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:37 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cloverfield was pretty good, I enjoyed it but mostly forgot about it, even after all the hype. Sabres won 10-1 right after I saw it. It was no Rambo, but it's in the middle of the pack of what I've seen this year. Nothing special, but I liked it.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 02:11 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a Cloverfield fan.

Could have been much better but, they did a fine job w/ it...especially given the budget.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:39 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just finished watching In Bruges. Phenomenal film. I think it is my favorite so far this year. Funny as hell but also very dark. I totally recomend that everyone go see it as I think it will appeal to a variety of different people.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:06 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Gonzo! Glad to have you back. I was going through Gonzo withdrawal.

I really didn't mind Cloverfield though, to be honest. Wasn't the greatest movie but I've certainly seen worse.

I actually felt like their were some extremely compelling scenes in the movie, a great battle scene in particular, if you know which one I mean.

The main problem was limiting themselves to that hand held camera type of view. I've never been a fan of shaky camera work, as I think it just makes a film complicated and frustrating to watch but at least it was intentionally set to be that way (unlike the Bourne films for example, in terms of they used many set cameras, not just one perspective camera).

Not only does it limit what you can see, but more importantly it also limited the ability to tell a story effectively and in a compelling fashion. That's my main gripe with it.

In a way it was somewhat ironic. They wanted to tell this great story about a monster and have it sort of be the 'Godzilla' of America but by making it in a sort of..'realistic' fashion, rather than more convential acting, it instead had that Blair Witch element to it in terms of less acting and more screaming and drama as opposed to a movie-esq and epic feeling to it. Doing that really took away from that if you ask me, which was a shame.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:40 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just finished watching In Bruges. Phenomenal film. I think it is my favorite so far this year. Funny as hell but also very dark. I totally recomend that everyone go see it as I think it will appeal to a variety of different people.
Haha!

You can't say I didn't tell you!

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:45 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I watched it again last night as well, because i was a little distracted watching it the first time around. Its just as good the second time, very very well made film. Like i said before, Colin Farrell, when not being a pretty boy, is a very capable actor. He was excellent in this film. It was also nice, IMO anyways, to see a film that hadnt been completely americanized. There was no product placement or anything, and the accents almost make the movie funnier. I loved teh dark comedy and the tone of the film. My ONLY complaint is the tower scene at the end. But overall, very good movie
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm planning on seeing Wanted when it comes out. Is anybody else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cloverfield lovers? I don't think there's many lovers, but I'd still say it's one of the better movies of the year so far.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:44 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Cloverfield lovers? I don't think there's many lovers, but I'd still say it's one of the better movies of the year so far.
Do to Abrams and the unique viral marketing...it does have quite the cult following.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:59 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
I'm planning on seeing Wanted when it comes out. Is anybody else?
ill probably go see it, the previews look like it will be entertaining
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:59 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm watching Strange Wilderness. It is the dumbest movie I've ever seen in my life
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 02:32 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A) Cloverfield: i thought it was a unique movie idea, and the viral marketing hyped it up to a level that no movie IMO could possibly have lived up to. It was pretty cool, i had alot of bones to pick with it, and there was alot i didnt like, but i cant deny the creativity and the overall effect of the movie. It was decent, nothing more IMO.

B) Wanted looks like trash lol
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

In regard to In Bruges I thought it ended perfectly. Leading up to the end I started to worry that I would be disapointed by what happened. However I cannot think of a better ending for the movie and I personlly loved the tower scene.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
In regard to In Bruges I thought it ended perfectly. Leading up to the end I started to worry that I would be disapointed by what happened. However I cannot think of a better ending for the movie and I personlly loved the tower scene.
i liked the actual ending, but the tower scene was my only complaint. I thought it was bvery unrealistic, seeing as there is no way he would SPOILER sruvive that fall, let alone be concious enough to warn Ray about what was happening. But other then that, I agree fully that the ending was perfect
Quote:
Old 06-16-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never really got into the Cloverfield hype, but I really enjoyed the movie. I thought the idea was cool as hell and that honestly did a better job accomplishing it than I was expecting.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
i liked the actual ending, but the tower scene was my only complaint. I thought it was bvery unrealistic, seeing as there is no way he would SPOILER sruvive that fall, let alone be concious enough to warn Ray about what was happening. But other then that, I agree fully that the ending was perfect
The whole movie was all kind of like that though. They are in this fairy tale town with midgets, drugs and guns. I felt that fact he survived the fall fit perfectly wit hthe rest of the movie.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The whole movie was all kind of like that though. They are in this fairy tale town with midgets, drugs and guns. I felt that fact he survived the fall fit perfectly wit hthe rest of the movie.
to each his own i suppose, that was the only scene that i felt was out of place, especially considering how realistic the shootout was at the end, and keeping in tone with the rest of the movie. I loved the fact that in a movie about two hitmen, there was relatively little gunfire. I thought that it only added to the movie. Its one of the best movies ive seen in a while. I really enjoyed it, I might actually consider buying it on DVD to add to my collection.
Quote:
Old 06-16-2008, 03:31 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
A) Cloverfield: i thought it was a unique movie idea, and the viral marketing hyped it up to a level that no movie IMO could possibly have lived up to. It was pretty cool, i had alot of bones to pick with it, and there was alot i didnt like, but i cant deny the creativity and the overall effect of the movie. It was decent, nothing more IMO.
My thoughts exactly about Cloverfield. I had hype for it but it didn't deliver on my expectations. I was pretty disappointed.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Hwoarang
Veteran

Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.Hwoarang is a cocksman.

Is this Marky Mark slamming Ocean's 12 or just ripping on his friends?

Quote:
Q: Is it true you turned down the chance to be in the Ocean's films?

A: Yeah - and it was well worth it! The second one sucked! People tell George Clooney it's great, but we all know it sucked. I made two bad movies instead - Planet Of The Apes and The Truth About Charlie - but doing that was better than sitting with Brad and George, telling the press how great everybody is! "We were in Europe, George was funny, then we had some wine..." - that's not for me. I do love those guys, but I had to step out on my own.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0..._n_107536.html
Hwoarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:28 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

I just got back from seeing The Incredible Hulk, and i will summarize:

A) MUCH better then the other one. Ang lee, take note. Kong with daddy issues=not superhero. This Hulk? he has a villain AND he demoes ALOT of buildings. This was much better. I didnt hate the ang lee version as much as most people, because i thought besides missing the heroics, it was decent. This one, however, was great.

B) They set up the sequel great. All i can say is, Tim Blake Nelson was the perfect ******* choice for Sam Sterns. HES TIM BLAKE NELSON!

C) The RDJ cameo was brilliant, its nice to see The Marvel universe come together. See what happens when Marvel makes Marvel movies? **** Fox. This is how its done. I cannot wait for the Thor/Captain America movies. I think when all is said and done, you will see each hero have individual film series, but an avengers movie is definately on the way
Quote:
Old 06-17-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
TheGreatEscape
Veteran

TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.TheGreatEscape is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
I never really got into the Cloverfield hype, but I really enjoyed the movie. I thought the idea was cool as hell and that honestly did a better job accomplishing it than I was expecting.
Exactly, and when they come out with the sequel they've already established the general events and can now focus on making a good movie.
TheGreatEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:46 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have you ever been to Bruges?

Place is a ******* fairy tale

Old 06-17-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

As a movie buff, I find it sad that the only thing I'd see in theatres now is the two month old Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Old 06-17-2008, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha, speaking of FSM, I just got back from seeing it right now. Flick was hilarious. Mila and Kristen...jesus, all sorts of hot.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote