Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-27-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I wish there was more hype about GI Joe right now. I'm hoping it lives up to my incredibly lofty expectations
I feel bad for you because I don't think it will come anywhere near meeting your expectations. I just having a feeling it will be utter ****. There are really no talented people involved in making it which tends to mean a horrible film. Maybe it will suprise me but just going on the people involved in making the film I have zero desire to see it.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wish there was more hype about GI Joe right now. I'm hoping it lives up to my incredibly lofty expectations
I grew up on GI JOE and Transformers - I hope GI JOE doesn't let me down as well. Maybe I can keep my fingers crossed for a cool version of ThunderCats or Voltron.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:58 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I feel bad for you because I don't think it will come anywhere near meeting your expectations. I just having a feeling it will be utter ****. There are really no talented people involved in making it which tends to mean a horrible film. Maybe it will suprise me but just going on the people involved in making the film I have zero desire to see it.
Well it does have recognizable names, but your right on the talent part. Hopefully it will surprise everyone and be good, but it's almost assuredly going to be terrible, especially with the extremely high expectations for a movie based on the greatest toy ever from the GI Joe generation, including myself.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:00 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I grew up on GI JOE and Transformers - I hope GI JOE doesn't let me down as well. Maybe I can keep my fingers crossed for a cool version of ThunderCats or Voltron.
thank god JJ EXPLOSION isn't making GI Joe

ThunderCats would be tits as a real life movie

THUNDER...
THUNDER...
THUNDER...
THUNDERCATS......HOOOOOOOO!!!!
Old 10-27-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I died a little inside when I read that GI Joe was being changed into an international anti-terrorism strike force in Brussels.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
I died a little inside when I read that GI Joe was being changed into an international anti-terrorism strike force in Brussels.
what?!?!?!

that's incredibly lame.

but I do like this synopsis from IMDB:

Quote:
Stephen Sommers will direct (here's hoping he reigns in the CG), from a script by Stuart Beattie. The story is set at Brussels-based GIJOE, an acronym for the Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity, and revolves around an international co-ed force of operatives who use high-tech equipment to battle Cobra, an evil org headed by a Scottish arms dealer. --Real Movie News 11/20/07

This has since changed due to overwhelimg negative response from fans and even servicemen.

GiJoe is once again "A real american hero", not an international UN type organization according to Hasbro
http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/default....FAEBF95750D7E9
Old 10-27-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

also, the pics don't look that great on IMDB, especially how Channing Tatum as Duke does not look like Duke, they all just have dumb futuristic looking suits on
Old 10-27-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
also, the pics don't look that great on IMDB, especially how Channing Tatum as Duke does not look like Duke, they all just have dumb futuristic looking suits on
Well they did the same thing with X-Men, giving them all brand new costumes.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Well they did the same thing with X-Men, giving them all brand new costumes.
true, but I'm more upset about this

especially because Dennis Quaid's character looks more like Duke than Duke actually does
Old 10-27-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
true, but I'm more upset about this

especially because Dennis Quaid's character looks more like Duke than Duke actually does
That's because Duke is being played by a 20 something.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Channing Tatum in any movie = epic fail
Old 10-27-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
That's because Duke is being played by a 20 something.
also true

and I cannot see 3rd Rock from the Sun pulling off an evil mastermind in the form of Cobra commander

also, Marlon Wayans?
Old 10-27-2008, 02:35 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
also true

and I cannot see 3rd Rock from the Sun pulling off an evil mastermind in the form of Cobra commander

also, Marlon Wayans?
Gordon-Levitt is awesome though.

Marlon Wayans only got the part because of his performance in Requiem for A Dream.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
also true

also, Marlon Wayans?
Joseph Gordon Levitt is a great actor and IMO will probably be the strongest part of the film.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:

Marlon Wayans only got the part because of his performance in Requiem for A Dream.
Gordon-Levitt is awesome, I just doubt his ability to convince me he's evil. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

I still think Scary Movie, Wayans Bros., and yes, the 6th Man, when I see Marlon Wayans.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Joseph Gordon Levitt is a great actor and IMO will probably be the strongest part of the film.
I also like Christopher Eccleston as Destro. In my opinion the bad guys were much better cast than the good guys
Old 10-27-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
I also like Christopher Eccleston as Destro. In my opinion the bad guys were much better cast than the good guys
It does appear that they just went for star power with the good guys, which is usually a huge failure.

The more I look into this, the lower my expectations are getting, which may turn out to be a good thing.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:

The problem is everything else about the film sucks. Stephan Sommers is a hack director who will no doubt **** the whole movie up and most of the actors are just crap.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Channing Tatum in any movie = epic fail
Same can be said about Quaid...i cant stand the guy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Same can be said about Quaid...i cant stand the guy.
On the other hand Randy Quaid = epic win.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
On the other hand Randy Quaid = epic win.
Oh yes....

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

His character in the Vacation movies is one of my favorite comedic performances alongside Chevy Chase as Clark Griswold and Bill Murray in Caddyshack
Old 10-27-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Has anyone ever told you 'you're bad luck'?"
"You know, those were my mother's dying words."

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
Fargo is super awesome. I have yet to see Burn After Reading, but it looks very similar to the greatness that is Fargo.
It's not on par with Fargo although I found it very enjoyable none the less.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:33 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Elizabeth Banks is in everything right now.