Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-28-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
BSG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TP :)

and I have seen many films this year better then Wall-E...not that I didnt enjoy that cool little bugger, and I understand the hard work that goes into an animated film of that quality, but even on the entertainment level, I have seen better films this year.
I meant Battlefield Earth, my bad on that one guys. Also, I'm still not getting the love from In Bruges. I enjoyed it a good deal, but it was just very slow at times and parts of it were pretty predictable.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I meant Battlefield Earth, my bad on that one guys. Also, I'm still not getting the love from In Bruges. I enjoyed it a good deal, but it was just very slow at times and parts of it were pretty predictable.
Meh, I personally loved In Bruges, but its important to remember I am a HUGE fan of dark comedy and things of that nature, so I am biased. In Bruges was chock full of dark comedy and even a little satire, which was brilliant as well. It was exactly my kind of movie and it hit all the right notes, not to mention Im a huge fan of both Colin farrell and midgets amuse me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

In Bruges was amazing.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, anyone got any info on Assination of a High School President? It looks like a very interesting film, but I've heard nothing about it.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 10-28-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In Bruges was amazing, but not nearly as good as Wall-E. Again, my list for this year:

Wall-E
The Dark Knight
Tropic Thunder
Pineapple Express
Burn After Reading
Religulous
Step Brothers
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Speed Racer
In Bruges
Hellboy II
Iron Man
W.
The Foot Fist Way
Be Kind Rewind
Shine a Light
Wanted
Cloverfield
Eagle Eye
Get Smart
Vantage Point
The Fall
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

It was better than The Dark Knight, Step Brothers, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Speed Racer, and Tropic Thunder.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I havnt seen tropic thunder yet, i found a copy but it wasnt DVD quality, i dont like to watch screeners but as soon as i find a good one im getting it.

Is it better than pineapple express?

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I havnt seen tropic thunder yet, i found a copy but it wasnt DVD quality, i dont like to watch screeners but as soon as i find a good one im getting it.

Is it better than pineapple express?
I thought it was a little funnier, but two very different style of comedies. Both are really good.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 10-28-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
It was better than The Dark Knight, Step Brothers, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Speed Racer, and Tropic Thunder.
Not in these eyes, I enjoyed those more than In Bruges.

BoneKrusher
Old 10-28-2008, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChu View Post
Not in these eyes, I enjoyed those more than In Bruges.
Enjoyment...possibly....but quality of the films....
Old 10-28-2008, 06:43 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched Six Degrees of Separation today in one of my classes and it was a pretty decent movie. Kind of annoying at times but it was at least interesting enough to keep me awake at 830 in the morning.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well cult classic. not everyone has that kind of sense of humor, but to people who do it is insanely hilarious and never gets old. Every line in Napoleon Dynamite is a classic line.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChu View Post
In Bruges was amazing, but not nearly as good as Wall-E. Again, my list for this year:

Wall-E
The Dark Knight
Tropic Thunder
Pineapple Express
Burn After Reading
Religulous
Step Brothers
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Speed Racer
In Bruges
Hellboy II
Iron Man
W.
The Foot Fist Way
Be Kind Rewind
Shine a Light
Wanted
Cloverfield
Eagle Eye
Get Smart
Vantage Point
The Fall
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
I hated Religulous. I figured Larry Charles would get me away from my Bill Maher hate but it didn't.

The Foot Fist Way was hilarious

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Enjoyment...possibly....but quality of the films....
TDK was of better quality than In Bruges.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
TDK was of better quality than In Bruges.
Uh yea I definitley have to agree with that. Loved In Bruges but The Dark Knight was an amazing movie. Definitely did not consider it a "comic-book." Fantastic writing, amazing acting, and the cinematography/directing were very good as well.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
I hated Religulous. I figured Larry Charles would get me away from my Bill Maher hate but it didn't.

The Foot Fist Way was hilarious
What did you hate about Religulous? Also Foot Fist Way gets 8 old lady headbutts out of 10 from me.

BoneKrusher
Old 10-28-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

TDK gets a meh in my book.

It wasn't terrible which is about the only thing they needed to do to make it a success.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still need to see Religulous.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I still need to see Religulous.
It's one of the movies I look up on surfthechannel and sidereel when I'm looking for something to watch, still no good versions though :(
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Napoleon Dynamite was quite funny.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I thought Napoleon Dynamite was quite funny.
Don't be that guy.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

"You're a Mormon. Compared to you we all have a drinking problem."

Burn After Reading is amazing.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:

It was very good. I was worried it'd be disappointing but it was thoroughly enjoyable.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I expected much more from it. It had some really dry funny moments, but overall, there was alot of wasted potential I felt. Definately a good movie and worth watching, but it just had a pedigree that was too steep and it didnt deliver to its fullest potential.

Speaking of John Malkovich, Im wathcing Being John Malkovich right now, and **** do I love Charlie Kaufman's work. I can think of no other writer that I enjoy as much as him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Speaking of John Malkovich, Im wathcing Being John Malkovich right now, and **** do I love Charlie Kaufman's work. I can think of no other writer that I enjoy as much as him.
Do you have a link? I was going to watch that last night but couldn't find a link.

Anyways I just finished Everything is Illuminated (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0404030/) and I have to say I genuinely enjoyed that movie. I loved Eugene Hutz and the movie did a good job balancing it's over-arching theme of keeping hold of one's past as it shapes one's future with the amusing culture clash between Hutz and Wood.