Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-06-2008, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
To each his own but I think you are wrong. I am suprised you did not hate on my list for the lack of animated film directors.
It's a different style of directing. I'm more upset with the lack of jewness on your list. Only the Coens and Aronofsky. No Speilberg or Woody Allen. =(

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
It's a different style of directing. I'm more upset with the lack of jewness on your list. Only the Coens and Aronofsky. No Speilberg or Woody Allen. =(
Speilberg would not touch my top 25 directors. Allen would likely be somewhere in between 13-18 for me. He is past his prime but still makes some excellent movies from time to time. I think he fact that he makes so many movies and quite a few are just not that good hurts him. I think I may make a top 10 directors all time list at some point.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact that Hitchcock isn't on your list is a travesty.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:54 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe his list was just of current directors. Otherwise I'd wonder where guys like Fritz Lang, Stanley Kubrick, and Akira Kurosawa are.

Last edited by WMD : 11-06-2008 at 01:00 PM.
WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
The fact that Hitchcock isn't on your list is a travesty.
Do you honestly think me of all people would only have current directors on an all time list? That was cleary a current directors list. There is no way I would ever leave the great Stanley Kubrick off any list if I had the choice.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I believe his list was just of current directors. Otherwise I'd wonder where guys like Fritz Lang, Stanley Kubrick, and Akira Kurosawa are.
You would be right to wonder. I would be a horrible, horrible film buff if my all time list did not include those names.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How's Quantum Of Solace? Heard everything about it and I might go watch it tommorrow because it comes out tommorrow here in slow-ass Panama.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:40 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
How's Quantum Of Solace? Heard everything about it and I might go watch it tommorrow because it comes out tommorrow here in slow-ass Panama.
It is not out yet here either. You are a week ahead of us if it comes out tomorrow for you.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was bored so I thought I would make a top 10 directors list. It is pretty weak as this is just quickly off the top of my head. I rated them based on who I think are the best directors working today as well as who are my personal favorites. A guy like Kevin Smith who's movies I want to see as much if not more than every other director is near the bottom of my list because he is not the best but a favorite. This lst consists of current directors and how I rate them right at this minute.

1. Paul Thomas Anderson
2. Martin Scorcese
3. Sam Mendes
4. David Fincher
5. Darren Aronofsky
6. Kevin Smith
7. Wes Anderson
8. The Coen Brothers
9. Quentin Tarantino
10. David O. Russell
good list, but mine is better :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Gonzo, you have Wes Anderson way too high for making the exact same movie like 50 million times.

you are a fool for even saying something like this...just because his comedy doesnt involing nutsacks being rubbed on drumsets, terrible overacting and overall stupidity doesnt mean its the same movie over and over again. He focuses on more important issues and although alot of his films share tendencies and actors, they are all extremely unique not only amongst themselves, but in all of Hollywood as well. In fact, I would have him higher on my list. My list would be based upon the excitement level when I hear a director is involved with a film, and the overall level of films they have produced, with a little bias thrown in for favourites. It would go:

1. P.T Anderson
2. David Fincher
3. Sam Mendes
4. Darren Aronofsky
5. Martin Scorsese
6. Wes Anderson
7. Quentin Tarantino
8. Christopher Nolan
9. Ridley Scott
10. The Coen Brothers
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Last edited by A Perfect Score : 11-06-2008 at 03:05 PM.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

here's my list based on nothing but personal prefernce

1. Martin Scorsese
2. PT Anderson
3. The Coen Brothers(haven't seen burn after reading so that could knock them down once I do)
4. Quentin Tarentino
5. Christopher Nolan
6. David Fincher
7. Ridley Scott
8. Robert Rodriguez
9. Kevin Smith
10. Guy Ritchie(i need to see RockNRoller)
Old 11-06-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a heads up.. I always try to let you guys know about the good deals. DeepDiscount.com is doing a sale of 25% off all DVD's and Blu-Ray DVD's, I believe. The checkout code is "sale". Free shipping, can't go wrong.

I may use this to buy the Alfred Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection. It's $88, but after the discount, it's $66. So I'd be paying $66 for 14 Hitchcock films, including Rear Window, Psycho, The Birds, Vertigo, and Rope. Sucks that "Strangers on a Train" and "Dial M for Murder" aren't on there, though.

Does anyone know of a bigger Hitchcock DVD Collection?

Old 11-06-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

russell brand to play depp's brother in the new pirates movie

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...Caribbean.html

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:37 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
here's my list based on nothing but personal prefernce

1. Martin Scorsese
2. PT Anderson
3. The Coen Brothers(haven't seen burn after reading so that could knock them down once I do)
4. Quentin Tarentino
5. Christopher Nolan
6. David Fincher
7. Ridley Scott
8. Robert Rodriguez
9. Kevin Smith
10. Guy Ritchie(i need to see RockNRoller)
I saw Rocknrolla. Better then Lock, Stock, worse then Snatch. That said, I wasnt the biggest fan of Lock, Stock and I loved Snatch, so take it with a grain of salt. definately slower then I thought it would be, but similar kinetic filmmaking to Guy's previous films and some lovable characters to boot. I gave it a 7.5 outta 10, definately worth seeing. Even the girl I saw it with liked it, so when girls like guy ritchie movies you know its class.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post

Excellent ******* choice. Now that I think about it I cannot think of any better choice.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post

I could be the only person alive who thinks Russell Brand is funny as ****, so Im not disappointed by this news at all.
Quote:
Old 11-06-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lock Stock and Barrel was terrific. I own Snatch but I havent seen it in a long time. I need to see it again.

I am really pumped for Sherlock Holmes.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:43 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Just a heads up.. I always try to let you guys know about the good deals. DeepDiscount.com is doing a sale of 25% off all DVD's and Blu-Ray DVD's, I believe. The checkout code is "sale". Free shipping, can't go wrong.

I may use this to buy the Alfred Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection. It's $88, but after the discount, it's $66. So I'd be paying $66 for 14 Hitchcock films, including Rear Window, Psycho, The Birds, Vertigo, and Rope. Sucks that "Strangers on a Train" and "Dial M for Murder" aren't on there, though.

Does anyone know of a bigger Hitchcock DVD Collection?
-$36.85 to my account and I get Godfather I, Godfather II, and Goodfellas.

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 11-06-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do you honestly think me of all people would only have current directors on an all time list? That was cleary a current directors list. There is no way I would ever leave the great Stanley Kubrick off any list if I had the choice.
I just saw the list I wasnt sure if it was current or all time.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I just saw the list I wasnt sure if it was current or all time.
That is why you read before you comment :(
Old 11-06-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

I did it. I have to lay off buying movies for a while.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
-$36.85 to my account and I get Godfather I, Godfather II, and Goodfellas.

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!
Why not go for the Coppola Restoration? Godfather 1, 2, and 3, all visually restored and remastered audio.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I did it. I have to lay off buying movies for a while.
hahaha i say that after everything i buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Rayray52
Veteran

Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.

Watched Burn After Reading last night..i wasnt very impressed, i thought Brad Pitt was really good and there was a few memorable scenes overall though it was average at best.
Rayray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:53 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Rock N Rolla really worth a view? I've been waiting for Guy Ritchie to make a decent movie ever since Snatch.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Is Rock N Rolla really worth a view? I've been waiting for Guy Ritchie to make a decent movie ever since Snatch.
Most definately. Read my little ditty a few posts up on it. I would definately recommend it to anyone who is a fan of ritchie...like I said, even the girl I saw it with really liked it. It had some pretty funny moments, not as much action as Im used to from him, but still good nonetheless. Not his best, but certainly not his worst.
Quote: