Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-11-2008, 02:36 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
*Vomits*

I wish they'd stop adapting the crappy modernizations of comic books. Nick Fury shouldn't be the Sam Jackson one
For me Sam Jackson was the best part of Iron Man and he was only in it for a few seconds. He was charismatic and awesome. This is not meant to be an Iron Man hate post (although I was not a fan of the movie) as much as a Sam Jackson made an awesome Nick Fury post.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:37 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
For me Sam Jackson was the best part of Iron Man and he was only in it for a few seconds. He was charismatic and awesome. This is not meant to be an Iron Man hate post (although I was not a fan of the movie) as much as a Sam Jackson made an awesome Nick Fury post.
I guess I'm nostalgic for the comics I read as a kid where Nick Fury was a white grizzled old war vet

David Hasselhoff played a perfect Nick Fury

SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:37 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
wait samuel l jackson was in iron man?
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:38 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
wait samuel l jackson was in iron man?
after the credits
Old 11-11-2008, 02:38 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess I'm nostalgic for the comics I read as a kid where Nick Fury was a white grizzled old war vet
That is most likely the case. I completly understand that as well.

First Oldboy and now maybe Captain America. Will Smith is ruining cinema.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:40 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:

We need to get the fresh prince back on air, that way he'll be too busy too make movies.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:41 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Smith as Cpt. America? Hahahahahaha

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:41 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Smith as Cpt. America? Hahahahahaha
Either him or Matthew McConeghy(sp?)
Old 11-11-2008, 02:42 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

I'm curious to find out who they cast to play Thor. Going with their recent trend I expect it to be Jet Li.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:44 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Either him or Matthew McConeghy(sp?)
The thing is Will Smith would make a better Captain America than Matthew Horribleactoreghy. Captain America seems doomed to be a horrible film and yet I am sure it will make a killing at the box office.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:45 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
The thing is Will Smith would make a better Captain America than Matthew Horribleactoreghy. Captain America seems doomed to be a horrible film and yet I am sure it will make a killing at the box office.
It better be good because any hope of an Avengers movie rests on its success
Old 11-11-2008, 02:49 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
It better be good because any hope of an Avengers movie rests on its success
It will be a horrible film if one of those actors are cast but a smashing success as a money maker. I think the Avengers film will be fine.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:51 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Speaking of the Avengers film. Which characters do you think they need to include. I think its

Iron Man
Captain America
Thor
Hawkeye
AntMan
Vision
Scarlet Witch
Old 11-11-2008, 02:58 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Speaking of the Avengers film. Which characters do you think they need to include. I think its

Iron Man
Captain America
Thor
Hawkeye
AntMan
Vision
Scarlet Witch
Obviously the first three are in. I think they need to include Antman as Edgar Wright is supposedly making Ant Man with Alan Tudyd which to me would be an epic win.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:38 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Will Smith is ruining cinema.
I have been saying that since Wild Wild West.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:34 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I have been saying that since Wild Wild West.
but the pursuit of happyness was so touching...
Old 11-11-2008, 08:28 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I swear to god if they cast Will Smith as Captain America, Ill fly somewhere and kill someone. That would be ******* terrible. The perfect choice is obviously Mr. Aaron Eckhart, but I dont think he'd be willing to take on the role at this point. Although another guy I was thinking of was Scott Speedman. He sort of has the look, and I can see him pulling it off.

As far as the Avengers go, aparently it isnt going to have alot of the classic characters. Last I heard, its going to have:

Iron Man
Thor
Captain America
Ant-Man

and I read in an interview they are still unsure about The Hulk. Apparently, he could be the villain in the Avengers movie, a la the Planet Hulk comic arc stuff where the Avengers teamed up on him. This would be super badass, but I dunno.

And has anyone else heard about the deleted scene/bonus stuff going on in the Iron Man/Incredible Hulk DVDs? Apparently, in a deleted scene on the Iron Man DVD, you can see Captain America's shield in the background in Tony's Lab. And in a deleted scene on The Incredible Hulk DVD, Bruce goes to the arctic and tries to kill himself, but when he shoots himself, he hulks out and breaks an iceberg, revealing a frozen cap! I gotta see these scenes at some point lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 08:36 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I swear to god if they cast Will Smith as Captain America, Ill fly somewhere and kill someone. That would be ******* terrible. The perfect choice is obviously Mr. Aaron Eckhart, but I dont think he'd be willing to take on the role at this point. Although another guy I was thinking of was Scott Speedman. He sort of has the look, and I can see him pulling it off.

As far as the Avengers go, aparently it isnt going to have alot of the classic characters. Last I heard, its going to have:

Iron Man
Thor
Captain America
Ant-Man

and I read in an interview they are still unsure about The Hulk. Apparently, he could be the villain in the Avengers movie, a la the Planet Hulk comic arc stuff where the Avengers teamed up on him. This would be super badass, but I dunno.

And has anyone else heard about the deleted scene/bonus stuff going on in the Iron Man/Incredible Hulk DVDs? Apparently, in a deleted scene on the Iron Man DVD, you can see Captain America's shield in the background in Tony's Lab. And in a deleted scene on The Incredible Hulk DVD, Bruce goes to the arctic and tries to kill himself, but when he shoots himself, he hulks out and breaks an iceberg, revealing a frozen cap! I gotta see these scenes at some point lol.
Why couldn't you have posted this last friday? I was visiting my parents this past weekend and they have both dvds, I spent most of the weekend tripping so would have loved to have sat their watching deleted scenes if I knew there was anything good awaiting me.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
but the pursuit of happyness was so touching...
I wanted to slap the hell out of the little boy. I know your in some ****** circumstances, but man-up and stop crying all the damn time.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:24 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:

Iron Man
Thor
Captain America
Ant-Man

They debunked the whole Cap Shield in Iron Man rumor.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And in a deleted scene on The Incredible Hulk DVD, Bruce goes to the arctic and tries to kill himself, but when he shoots himself, he hulks out and breaks an iceberg, revealing a frozen cap! I gotta see these scenes at some point lol.
If you go back a few pages, I posted the link to the screen shot of that quick moment where you see Captain America under the ice in The Incredible Hulk alternate intro.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:54 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
If you go back a few pages, I posted the link to the screen shot of that quick moment where you see Captain America under the ice in The Incredible Hulk alternate intro.
to save the trouble...

Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:58 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is such *** photoshopping aps
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:59 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

And look at that, I was poking around, and apparently Thor was found in The Incredible Hulk...in the clouds! here is a pic

Quote:
Old 11-11-2008, 11:00 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

OK APS that one was kind of dumb