Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-12-2008, 11:57 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Basketball Diaries and Prefontaine are two of my favorites
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice, thanks guys ill look around for a few and let you know what i think tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:08 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Nines. Green Street Hooligans. I heart Huckabees. Also a movie in which questions my manhood, The Last Kiss.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:08 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
The Basketball Diaries and Prefontaine are two of my favorites
Is that the Donald Sutherland one or the crappy Prefontaine movie?

Old 11-13-2008, 12:14 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
The Nines. Green Street Hooligans. I heart Huckabees. Also a movie in which questions my manhood, The Last Kiss.
How is Green Street Hooligans? someone mentioned that to me before but I forgot about it.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:18 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
How is Green Street Hooligans? someone mentioned that to me before but I forgot about it.
Great premise but possibly the worst written movie I've ever seen

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
It's a favorite of mine. Not great or anything and Elijah Wood makes it less believable but it's a good story and very good if you want to know a little more about football fandom across the pond.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreeing with the person above, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is probably my favorite modern cinema movie. So much witty dialogue in that script, it never gets old.

If you want a really good couple movies and dont care about how old they are, some classics to consider are: The Big Sleep, Bringing Up Baby, The Philadelphia Story, North by Northwest, Rope, Vertigo, Lawrence of Arabia... That should suffice.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
...North by Northwest, Rope, Vertigo...
Rear Window is another classic Hitchcock flick.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:15 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
Rear Window is another classic Hitchcock flick.
True but I assume most people know the ending to that

Old 11-13-2008, 08:32 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agreeing with the person above, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is probably my favorite modern cinema movie. So much witty dialogue in that script, it never gets old.

If you want a really good couple movies and dont care about how old they are, some classics to consider are: The Big Sleep, Bringing Up Baby, The Philadelphia Story, North by Northwest, Rope, Vertigo, Lawrence of Arabia... That should suffice.
My personal Hitchcock favourite, although Vertigo is a close 2nd. and yes, KKBB is badass. People always make fun of me for having it in my top 15 films, but I just cant help it. Great dialogue, great actors, my perfect woman in Michelle Monaghan, a pretty funny and wildy unbelievable plot, its awesome. watch KKBB right now! ALL OF YOU!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
My personal Hitchcock favourite, although Vertigo is a close 2nd. and yes, KKBB is badass. People always make fun of me for having it in my top 15 films, but I just cant help it. Great dialogue, great actors, my perfect woman in Michelle Monaghan, a pretty funny and wildy unbelievable plot, its awesome. watch KKBB right now! ALL OF YOU!
Perry: Look up idiot in the dictionary. You know what you'll find?
Harry: A picture of me?
Perry: No! The definition of the word "idiot"! Which you ******* are!

Old 11-13-2008, 09:59 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perry: Go. Sleep badly. Any questions, hesitate to call.
Harry: Bad.
Perry: Excuse me?
Harry: Sleep bad. Otherwise it makes it seem like the mechanism that allows you to sleep...
Perry: What, ****head? Who taught you grammar? Badly's an adverb. Get out. Vanish.

hahahaha the dialogue in that movie is awesome, i Might watch it tonight
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Harry: Sleep bad. Otherwise it makes it seem like the mechanism that allows you to sleep...
Perry: What, ****head? Who taught you grammar? Badly's an adverb. Get out. Vanish.

I need to get a blu-ray of it.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:32 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChu View Post
I will be watching this on Monday, with a Q & A with Darren Aronofsky following the movie.
Where, I would drive out just for that if I can make it in a day, plus I don't have class on mondays so it'd actually work out. DA is my favorite director alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I dunno about the Nines, maybe I need to re-watch but it was very meh for me.

Quote:

If I could give you more rep I would for mentioning the Cary Grant movies. Bringing up Baby is almost as funny as Arsenic and Old Lace, and The Philadelphia Story is just an awesome movie.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:35 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Its best because he has the same conversation with Michelle before. Love that movie. I think my favorite part has to be when he is taking notes with her and then you look down on his pad and see

GATO!

I couldn't stop laughing. Me and my friends watch that movie so much so 1 day we were at blockbuster and couldnt really decide on a movie and decided to go with KKBB on blu ray, even though we all own a version of that movie.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:39 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is the ****, I wish I had more movies like that in my DVD collection here at college, unfortunately most of my DVDs are back home at my parents house.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:41 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been thinking about watching KKBB. Looks like I'll have to do that pretty soon.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:42 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
I've been thinking about watching KKBB. Looks like I'll have to do that pretty soon.
It's got some just simply awesome dialogues, and RDJ is great as the narrator.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:52 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

THe love that is recieves on here is not undeserved. It may not be one of the best movies ever made, but it is definately one of my favourites. Easily top 7.
Quote:
Old 11-13-2008, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was an enjoyable movie.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:03 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
It was an enjoyable movie.

I liked the frantic pace, I mean you've got figure everything was chaotic for RDJ's character and movie parallels that chaos and feverish pace
Old 11-13-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well i watched KKBB last night and really enjoyed it. RDJ is the man first and foremost. I loved him narrating the ending and everyone comes back into the room whose already died and he starts making fun how in other movies they always bring everyone back. And i died laughing when he goes "For all you people in Madison Square stop picking at it, your only making it worse" hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

I agree with TP on the ending, I found it the same way. But other then that, I mean...you gotta remember, its a bit of an homage to film noir and that type of cinema, and the dialogue in the film is still fantastic. I just find myself howling everytime i watch it
Quote:
Old 11-13-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The last 5 minutes are bogus, I think. A bunch of unnecessary stuff. Still there was some humor in it. And its not bogus enough to take away from the brilliance that is the rest of the film.

I am pretty excited about QoS. Though it may be no Casino Royale, and there have been a lot of mixed reviews on it (everyone here seems to hate it), it should be fun seeing all the action. People in suits kicking ass is fun.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote