Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-13-2008, 10:51 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went to a Fund Raiser yesterday. They showed a trailer for "Defiance". I'm looking forward to seeing it.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God.. I think I'm just going to blow a bunch on DVD's.. I can't pass on some of these.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:44 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally got to see Zack & Miri and [as you mostlikely know] it was ******* hysterical. I'm mad at myself that it took me this long to go see it. God that was excellence.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:06 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, ignore the Criterion sale. You can still get them cheaper on DeepDiscount with the 25% off code. I just bought:

8 1/2, The Seventh Seal, Seven Samurai, The Testament of Dr. Mabuse, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Throne of Blood, and a 3 Disc Set of movies by Sergei Eisenstein (Alexander Nevsky and Ivan the Terrible 1 & 2)

$14 cheaper on DeepDiscount than on Criterion's site.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:41 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched Role Models...thought it was pretty funny. DEFINATELY not as funny as Zack and Miri...not even close, to be honest. Paul Rudd and Sean William Scott were both very funny, but Christopher Mintz Plasse actually annoyed the hell out of me and the little black kid was funny too. Overall, the LAIRE stuff was pretty annoying after the first little bit and it was a little too feel good for my liking, but it definately had some laugh out loud moments. I liked it better then Tropic Thunder and Pineapple Express, but it was nowehere near Zack and Miri IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:44 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also just finished Role Models. I thought as a whole the movie was a fairly good comedy. I can say that every scene involving or where they are talking about KISS was gold. I would rank it above Pineapple Express and Step Brothers but below Zack and Miri and Tropic Thunder as far as comedies go this year.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:49 AM    (permalink
Joker_232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I also just finished Role Models. I thought as a whole the movie was a fairly good comedy. I can say that every scene involving or where they are talking about KISS was gold. I would rank it above Pineapple Express and Step Brothers but below Zack and Miri and Tropic Thunder as far as comedies go this year.
i also thought that role models was quite entertaining but on the other hand i didnt like tropic thunder at all....idk. just my opionion i guess
Old 11-14-2008, 08:34 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Tropic Thunder is coming out on DVD soon.. That was pretty quick. The movie only came out like.. two months ago.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:52 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang last night and it was brilliant. RDJ is the man and I absolutely loved Val Kilmer(no ****?). Their sarcasm was right up my alley.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Joker_232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Tropic Thunder is coming out on DVD soon.. That was pretty quick. The movie only came out like.. two months ago.
because it was two thumbs down! yuck
Old 11-14-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dear God, there is a new full Watchmen trailer, and I must say, its even more fantastic then the first one. Much more about the story is revealed, and **** am i ever excited. Jackie Earl Haley has done a PERFECT Rorschach, and I pray this movie is as awesome as these trailers make it out to be.

http://www.wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=14971
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_232 View Post
because it was two thumbs down! yuck
I thought it was pretty funny. Nothing remarkable, but I haven't really seen too many remarkable comedies that had me ready to piss my pants the past 5 years. You've got Clerks II, Z&M, Eurotrip and those are probably my favorite comedies of the past 5 years.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Dear God, there is a new full Watchmen trailer, and I must say, its even more fantastic then the first one. Much more about the story is revealed, and **** am i ever excited. Jackie Earl Haley has done a PERFECT Rorschach, and I pray this movie is as awesome as these trailers make it out to be.

http://www.wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=14971
I'm going to wait on my judgement of JEH's Rorschach, although I did love that he was heavily featured in that trailer and he did look like he had it down pat. I'm going to wait to see how he handles the unmasked rorschach to see whether he's nailed the truly sick things going on in Rorschach's head.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Hitman D
Rookie

Hitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Last edited by Hitman D : 11-14-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Hitman D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone heard of "Let the Right On In"? It's a foreign film getting amazing reviews:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/magnol...therightonein/

It looks awesome.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Holiday shopping season is starting soon. Summer movies usually get rushed onto DVD in time for Christmas
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Has anyone heard of "Let the Right On In"? It's a foreign film getting amazing reviews:

It looks awesome.
That movie looks ridiculously scary. I want to watch it.

Its funny though. It seems the exact opposite of Twilight.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Joker_232

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
I thought it was pretty funny. Nothing remarkable, but I haven't really seen too many remarkable comedies that had me ready to piss my pants the past 5 years. You've got Clerks II, Z&M, Eurotrip and those are probably my favorite comedies of the past 5 years.

eurotrip was great! love that movie.

was a big fan of road trip also
Old 11-14-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
It seems the exact opposite of Twilight.
Well, that is because Twilight is based on a series of books written for 13 year old girls.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Joker_232

anyone here think that the happening was the worst movie ever made?
Old 11-14-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh my God Max Payne was bad.

That new Watchman trailer is pretty cool. I just can't wait for what I hope is Jackie Earle Haley's next comic book role...

Old 11-14-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, that is because Twilight is based on a series of books written for 13 year old girls.
Yeah its true, but the similarities are funny. Vampire teen dreamy guy who saves humans and fights other vampires vs possible vampire 10 year old girl who kills regular people.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:02 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_232 View Post
anyone here think that the happening was the worst movie ever made?
Yes. I didn't think anything could top Weekend at Bernie's 2, but M. Night found a way. I'm very disappointed in Brian O'Hallaran, Alan Ruck, and even Spencer Breslin for having even the smallest roles.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Joker_232

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Yes. I didn't think anything could top Weekend at Bernie's 2, but M. Night found a way. I'm very disappointed in Brian O'Hallaran, Alan Ruck, and even Spencer Breslin for having even the smallest roles.
well and the fact that i like mike wahlburg alot, and i thought that was a terrible film for him
Old 11-14-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah M. Night tried to go for something different and it did'nt work out to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Oh my God Max Payne was bad.
What was so bad about it?

Quote:

It looks awesome.
That does look good.

Last edited by Menardo75 : 11-14-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote