Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-19-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I think The Day the Earth Stood Still starring Keanu Reeves is the ultimate slap in the face.
Except that Keanu is perfect for the part...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Except that Keanu is perfect for the part...
Haven't see the original so looked at the wiki article, the description of his character is absolutely perfect for him

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The hype about Heath's Joker started last summer as a matter of fact. When it was being leaked that his performance was blowing people away.

You realize that role might have even gotten more pub if he were alive right? With all the interviews he would've done. Heath is a very well known actor amongst the younger generation and was putting himself on the map with performances like he had in Brokeback Mountain, he wasn't some no name like Brandon Routh was in Superman, or Eric Bana in The Hulk. His death was a tragedy in the sense that he was on the verge of becoming an A-list actor, but his death was not the reason people are saying it was an incredible performance. People are raving about what he did because it was amazing.

Tell me you could find Heath in that role. I've seen the movie 6 times now and everytime he is on screen I look for the actor in the character and can't see it. He completely transformed himself into something scary and something completely psychotic. His lines were amazing, his mannerisms were spectacular, the way he walked...Everything was on point. The only other guy I can think of that could possibly get that role down would be Johnny Depp because of his ability to transform himself into different characters.

The Joker is not an original character, that is the difference between that role and the Hannibal Lector's and the Darth Vader's, ones that were not related to a comic book. But as far as performances go for a villain, without a doubt what he did is one of the best that's ever hit the screen.

His performance IMHO surpassed the hype it got leading up to TDK's release, that's when you know something special happened.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Let the anti establishment non conformists have their time. Anything popular or not at least 30 years old is automatically terrible.
That's the truth. Some people just hate for the sake of hating.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remakes of Oldboy and The Day the Earth Stood Still disgust me quite a bit!

I wonder when they'll do a Godfather remake.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dont even joke about that.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post

Shia Laboeuf as Michael Corleone?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Let the anti establishment non conformists have their time. Anything popular or not at least 30 years old is automatically terrible.
That might be the best thing I've ever heard in my 3 years of being on here.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I think The Day the Earth Stood Still starring Keanu Reeves is the ultimate slap in the face.
But, on the other hand, it has Jon Hamm and Jennifer Connelly. So it kinda balances out.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post

There are two additional Godather books to work with :(
Old 11-19-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
But, on the other hand, it has Jon Hamm and Jennifer Connelly. So it kinda balances out.
Jennifer Connelly makes her way onto some really good films.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wall-E was amazing. Like seriously. Awesome.

Second favorite movie of the year, pushing The Dark Knight for first.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Wall-E was amazing. Like seriously. Awesome.

Second favorite movie of the year, pushing The Dark Knight for first.
yeah i definately thought i was lame for going to see it in theaters but i thought it was awesome! i give it two thumbs up!
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I work at a summer camp...... I get paid to see those sweet kid movies, not to mention eat all the food i can afford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
The hype about Heath's Joker started last summer as a matter of fact. When it was being leaked that his performance was blowing people away.

You realize that role might have even gotten more pub if he were alive right? With all the interviews he would've done. Heath is a very well known actor amongst the younger generation and was putting himself on the map with performances like he had in Brokeback Mountain, he wasn't some no name like Brandon Routh was in Superman, or Eric Bana in The Hulk. His death was a tragedy in the sense that he was on the verge of becoming an A-list actor, but his death was not the reason people are saying it was an incredible performance. People are raving about what he did because it was amazing.

Tell me you could find Heath in that role. I've seen the movie 6 times now and everytime he is on screen I look for the actor in the character and can't see it. He completely transformed himself into something scary and something completely psychotic. His lines were amazing, his mannerisms were spectacular, the way he walked...Everything was on point. The only other guy I can think of that could possibly get that role down would be Johnny Depp because of his ability to transform himself into different characters.

The Joker is not an original character, that is the difference between that role and the Hannibal Lector's and the Darth Vader's, ones that were not related to a comic book. But as far as performances go for a villain, without a doubt what he did is one of the best that's ever hit the screen.

His performance IMHO surpassed the hype it got leading up to TDK's release, that's when you know something special happened.
nailed it.
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just saw The Fog of War in my film class today, would easily reccommend the documentary for anyone who wants to know truly how close the U.S. was to nuclear war with the Russians. Fascinating stuff, focusing on Robert McNamamarra (the secretary of defense during the JFK and Johnson years) that delves into the Vietnam war, as well as a bit of his backstory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:49 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fog of War is a pretty interesting doc. I also really enjoyed it.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:18 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just finished up the Incredible Hulk...I know it had some mixed reviews but, I really liked it. Could be because, I really like Norton and Roth but, i thought it was lots of fun. Pretty awesome that they are connecting all these latest installments together. W/ Iron Man and such...makes me actually wish i had better background knowledge of these heroes. Yup, these movies certainly make your inner nerd come out.

So, who does Mr. Blue become?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-20-2008, 02:19 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I just finished up the Incredible Hulk...I know it had some mixed reviews but, I really liked it. Could be because, I really like Norton and Roth but, i thought it was lots of fun. Pretty awesome that they are connecting all these latest installments together. W/ Iron Man and such...makes me actually wish i had a better background knowledge of these heroes. Yup, these movies certainly make your inner nerd come out.

So, who does Mr. Blue become?
The Leader. Hulk's super intelligent Gamma radiated arch-nemesis
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:21 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

ah I see....thank you my Super friend.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-20-2008, 02:26 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i thought that was a reservoir dogs reference or something

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:37 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
++, whoooshed me. Mentioning Roth threw me off. (even though I realized he is in TH....)
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:38 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
lol...pretty close.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-20-2008, 02:40 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I just finished up the Incredible Hulk...I know it had some mixed reviews but, I really liked it. Could be because, I really like Norton and Roth but, i thought it was lots of fun. Pretty awesome that they are connecting all these latest installments together. W/ Iron Man and such...makes me actually wish i had better background knowledge of these heroes. Yup, these movies certainly make your inner nerd come out.
Marvel has been adamant on only making these superhero movies now if they can make them in a way that they can be connected. They are looking for continuity in plot details and actors. Makes me happy.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:43 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Josh Schwartz, creator of Chuck and The OC, has been tabbed to write the next X-Men spinoff X-Men:First Class which will inject a next-gen sensibility into the series. It's going to revolve around some of the younger X-Men and students at the school

Kind of pissed