Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-03-2008, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shoot Em Up is different than Wanted in that it was a parody of action movies.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Shoot Em Up is different than Wanted in that it was a parody of action movies.
Yes, that is obvious. But I am saying I like the two movies for the same reason, the over-the-top-never-could-really-happen-scenes-of-action.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait for defiance to come out. Looks awesome.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I can't wait for defiance to come out. Looks awesome.
It hasnt gotten glowing reviews so far...apparently some of the accents by the lead actors feel really forced and really bring down the movie...at least thats the early buzz on it. I am a huge Jamie Bell fan, and I have been waiting for a new performance for him to really break out on, and this could be it. Its a big budget film with alot of historical signifigance, and has two other big stars in Daniel Craig and Liev Schrieber. Im not gunna go in expecting alot from this movie, so hopefully it surprises me, but early word is average.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
It hasnt gotten glowing reviews so far...apparently some of the accents by the lead actors feel really forced and really bring down the movie...at least thats the early buzz on it. I am a huge Jamie Bell fan, and I have been waiting for a new performance for him to really break out on, and this could be it. Its a big budget film with alot of historical signifigance, and has two other big stars in Daniel Craig and Liev Schrieber. Im not gunna go in expecting alot from this movie, so hopefully it surprises me, but early word is average.
Really? Weak.

What are the reviews for Valkyrie so far?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Really? Weak.

What are the reviews for Valkyrie so far?
Tom Cruise's performance was called "laughable" last thing I read. I really wanna see it though, Kenneth Branaugh and Tom Wilkinson are both badass and Bryan Singer is an awesome director, and the guy who wrote it also wrote The Usual Suspects. I think his name is Christopher McQuarrie. Seems like a good combo.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* Stauffenberg was a *****

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tom Cruise's performance was called "laughable" last thing I read.
you can tell from the trailer.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am very interested to see what Frost/Nixon will be like.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tom Cruise's performance was called "laughable" last thing I read. I really wanna see it though, Kenneth Branaugh and Tom Wilkinson are both badass and Bryan Singer is an awesome director, and the guy who wrote it also wrote The Usual Suspects. I think his name is Christopher McQuarrie. Seems like a good combo.
I've heard the same

Claus von Stauffenberg shouldn't have a Midwestern accent

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:49 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats a shame to hear about Valkyrie. It is a really interesting story n I was pissed when I heard Cruise had the lead role.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:06 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Today in my film class I saw "In the Mood for Love" by Wong Kar-wai, it was interesting, if you enjoy a mindfcuk and a movie that is much more like a puzzle then anything. Trying to figure out what the story is about is tough, with no linear structure whatsoever

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:09 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Valkyrie just looks stupid for the simple fact that Tom Cruise's eye patch just looks ridiculous. It's just laughable...also laughable, the casting of Cruise to begin with. yuck.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are people acting like Cruise is a bad actor? He's very capable of handling the role.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
Today in my film class I saw "In the Mood for Love" by Wong Kar-wai, it was interesting, if you enjoy a mindfcuk and a movie that is much more like a puzzle then anything. Trying to figure out what the story is about is tough, with no linear structure whatsoever
I have been hearing great things about Wong Kar Wai's Chungking Express ever since I really got into film when I was 14. I just keep putting his stuff off. I have watched clips of his films quite a few times I just have yet to sit down and watch his stuff which sucks. In The Mood For Love is on my list of films of his to watch as well. Film class is the **** (except mine because I have to wait up at 8 am for the screenings. I mean who the **** actually watches movies and gives the movie their full attention at 9 in the morning?).
Old 12-04-2008, 12:13 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cruise sucks and creeps the hell out of me.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-04-2008, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Why are people acting like Cruise is a bad actor? He's very capable of handling the role.
Cruise in Magnolia, Born on the Fourth of July and to a lesser degree Collateral = epic win. He is very underated indeed.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Cruise sucks and creeps the hell out of me.
He does not suck. And so what if he's a tad creepy and weird in real life? Stanley Kubrick was a ******* whack job.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:16 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I wouldnt call him underrated...he's one of the biggest names in hollywood. I'd agree that he was good in some movies....but, he is far from the greatest actor in the world, like he thinks he is. Depends on the role but, more miss than hit, imo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cruise as a German=fail. He's one of the worse actors when it comes to developing accents. Rivaled only by Nicholas Cage.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
He does not suck. And so what if he's a tad creepy and weird in real life? Stanley Kubrick was a ******* whack job.
The difference is Kubrick actually assaulted people and did what he wanted while being a recluse. Cruise is very open about his beliefs and loves the spotlight. Eyes Wide Shut must have been one of teh most awesome meeting of the whack jobs of all time.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:17 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Cruise as a German=fail. He's one of the worse actors when it comes to developing accents. Rivaled only by Nicholas Cage.
Nic Cage has become a joke these days.

edit...well actually, so has Cruise.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-04-2008, 12:19 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Cruise is a great actor. Like Gonzo mentioned, Born on the 4th of July is an extremely great performance, Magnolia is great, and I really loved him in Collateral. Films like Minority Report (a personal fave of mine) and Jerry Maguire also speak to his acting abilities. His personal life should have no bearing on how you view him on screen. Hes a great actor. If being wierd deters you from being a great actor, why do people love Johnny Depp? The guy is ******* crazy yet hes viewed as one of the better actors of this generation. I mean, I love Johnny Depp, but hes still a very odd person. Lots of actors are. Cruise gets alot of publicity for it, but hes still a very good actor.
Quote:
Old 12-04-2008, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I wouldnt call him underrated...he's one of the biggest names in hollywood. I'd agree that he was good in some movies....but, he is far from the greatest actor in the world, like he thinks he is. Depends on the role but, more miss than hit, imo.
He is overated by the general public because of the ****** crowd pleasing films he makes. His great roles quite often get forgotten or not noticed. The past few years everyone has turned on him and called him terrible but at one time he still has the abilty to give great performances. Frank T.J. Mackey and the cripple from Born on the Fourth of July are two of my favorite performances of all time.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:21 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I have been hearing great things about Wong Kar Wai's Chungking Express ever since I really got into film when I was 14. I just keep putting his stuff off. I have watched clips of his films quite a few times I just have yet to sit down and watch his stuff which sucks. In The Mood For Love is on my list of films of his to watch as well. Film class is the **** (except mine because I have to wait up at 8 am for the screenings. I mean who the **** actually watches movies and gives the movie their full attention at 9 in the morning?).
Yeah my class doesn't start off til 9:30 am but movie doesnt start off til 10. I usually try to doze off while my prof lectures for a bit, before my full attention goes to the movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote