Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-04-2008, 08:23 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's info from a while ago but, anyway...Brett Ratner is going to direct God of War. Funny they went w/ Ratner because, the actor that most resembles the character Kratos, looks just like Dom Purcell. The makers of the game have been pushing for Djimon Hounsou, though...which would be bad ass. But you'd figure a big reason they went w/ Ratner was probably to recruit Purcell. In the right hands the movie could be visually stunning...dont know if I would have went w/ Ratner, though. He did play a hand in Running Scared, though which had some fine cinematography.

As for something random...who the hell do you get to play Marcus Fenix in a Gears of War movie do out in 2010? That should be some interesting casting. Micky Rourke's name has been thrown around...as has Ray Stevenson's and Vinnie Jones, who kind of looks like the character.

Looking for a good video game movie, finally.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:31 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for Mckidd as Thor...he's way too small. Isnt he?

They're looking at rather small actors, though because, their 1st choice was supposedly Daniel Craig.

On the flip side, though. Triple H's name has been mentioned as well. ha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-04-2008, 08:43 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Well 3rd straight post but, w/e. Is there a favorite in the Captain America role yet? I just keep hearing Mark Valley lately. He's basically just as old as RDJ so, i could see it. Not like he looks too old or anything and w/ Fringe's success, he's becoming more recognizable. Eckhart would be a good choice also but, the fact that he played two face probably hurts his chances. Same w/ Thomas Jane and the Punisher. I'm not so sure they'd cast either of those two.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-04-2008, 10:03 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got done with a movie spree...movies that I'd been meaning to watch of finish for quite sometime.

What's eating Gilbert Grape....I would go as far to say this is Leo's best acting job.....if I didn't know who he was going into this movie...I would have just assumed it was a kid with problems in real life....decent movie....kept me interested.
6.8 out of 10

Footloose. Another movie that i've been meaning to watch...while I thought Bacon played his role damn good...the lack of dancing in this movie left me wanting more.
5.9 out of 10

Transformers....i've started this movie a million times and never finished it....I loved the movie and storyline....Megan Fox max the boring times worth watching.....I don't think i'll ever be a shy fan but fit his role i guess.
7.9 out of 10

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:52 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
As for Mckidd as Thor...he's way too small. Isnt he?

They're looking at rather small actors, though because, their 1st choice was supposedly Daniel Craig.

On the flip side, though. Triple H's name has been mentioned as well. ha.
In the comics Thor was an ordinary average sized man until he found Thor's hammer. Then the magic in the hammer turned him into Thor the God of Thunder.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God of war and Gears of war movies will be horrible. Brett Ratner is a piece of **** who has yet to make any movie i think is worth watching. Yes even the rush hour movies i never found to be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:11 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Yes even the rush hour movies i never found to be interesting.
Blasphemy! The two Rush Hour movies were excellent!

As for a GOW movie, IDK who would play Marcus Fenix, but the dude the voices the black dude in the games(can't remember his name) looks just his character and should be the casting choice for him if they make the movie.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:14 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rush Hour 1 and 2 are hilarious 3 is ok but still get laughs

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
In the comics Thor was an ordinary average sized man until he found Thor's hammer. Then the magic in the hammer turned him into Thor the God of Thunder.
So what are they gonna do, put him in a muscle suit? haha.

or have Triple H play muscle bound Thor?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-04-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Rush Hour 1 and 2 are hilarious 3 is ok but still get laughs
Never heard of this rush hour 3 you speak of. ;)
Old 12-04-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
God of war and Gears of war movies will be horrible. Brett Ratner is a piece of **** who has yet to make any movie i think is worth watching. Yes even the rush hour movies i never found to be interesting.
I think God of War has tremendous potential but, I dont know if Ratner is the man for the job.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-04-2008, 02:22 PM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I picked up The Motorcycle Diaries today, hadn't heard much about it but it has Gael Garcia Bernal so I've decided it has to be good. I'm prob gonna put on some dinner and watch it now.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Idk i never found the rush hours movies to be that great, very cliche of a buddy cop movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
So what are they gonna do, put him in a muscle suit? haha.

or have Triple H play muscle bound Thor?
They'll have him obviously pack on some muscle in some conditioning and then enhance his physique with CGI more than likely
Old 12-04-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Dark Knight is releasing on DVD on December 9th, anyone here picking it up?
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I will be. It'll be the first new DVD I've bought in months. I usually wait a month and pick them up used at Blockbuster
Old 12-04-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive had it for about 2 weeks now :]

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Probably everyone.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-04-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Already have it on order at Amazon.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I will be. It'll be the first new DVD I've bought in months. I usually wait a month and pick them up used at Blockbuster
Yeah, I usually do the same. Most the DVD's I buy are usually pre-viewed or on sale. I hardly ever buy brand new DVDs as they come out, unless I absolutely need it in the collection ASAP.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah same w/ me.

I just recently bought Speed Racer for my dad for Christmas for $20 and it pissed me off...most of my dvd purchases range from $3.99-$10.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-04-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Can't wait for the Dark Knight DVD. First DVD I'll be buying in a loooooong time.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

great film.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post

great film.
Only leave the characters after v=.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:58 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as Thor is concerned, early rumours were Brad Pitt and Daniel Craig were the leading choices for Thor, from what I read. Kevin McKidd was rumoured as well. Triple H, from what I have gleaned, was never really a studio decision, it was just internet hype developed by fans who thought that the previous actors were too small.

An interesting rumour is that Kenneth Branaugh himself will play Thor. I actually really like the idea. He has a tendency to act/direct in his own movies, and give him some time in the gym and some CGI, and he could play Thor. Also, its important to remember they dont want to cast a really young person as Thor, they want someone more along the lines of RDJ and Ed Norton's age, a la Pitt or Branaugh. Also, if anyone has ever read a Thor comic, he speak in old english, which Branaugh is familiar with due to his Shakespeare obsession.

As for Captain America, last I read Stan Lee gave Will Smith his approval to play the role, even though it would be a race switch. Other early rumours were Tom Jane and Matt Damon/Leonardo DiCaprio. Thats all I can gather on the captain america role, although a rumour did come out a while ago stating they had found an unknown who fit the role and they released a pic.

To please BSG fans, James Callis who plays Gaius Balter, is rumoured for the part of Red Skull, Captain America's nemesis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote