Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-05-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was horrible in the Mist, imo. He was just bad and at times way too over the top. It was an inconsistant performance at best. His screaming at the end of the movie had me cracking up. Just awful.

That being said, i did like the movie. Pretty campy but, it was good for what it was.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
He was horrible in the Mist, imo. He was just bad and at times way too over the top. It was an inconsistant performance at best. His screaming at the end of the movie had me cracking up. Just awful.

That being said, i did like the movie. Pretty campy but, it was good for what it was.
I don't really think anything was over the top considering the context of the situation. And The Mist is my favorite horror movie of the decade (just ahead of The Descent and Session 9), so I will defend it as I deem necessary.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:38 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dont want to get too deep into this again but, someone needs to explain the Ben Foster love again. haha. Other than 3:10 to Yuma, i havent seen him put on a good performance. He's a character actor who always goes way over the top. I dont get it. Again, another guy I like as a person because, I used to watch Flash Forward but, I dont see what others on here see. The character actor can be good but, the truly great actors are the ones that dont even seem like they're acting. Foster is just ridiculous in most of his roles and tends to be typecasted w/ that type of role. Alpha Dog for example. (God awful movie)

edit...I will say this, though. I havent seen 6 feet under so, i dont know if he was good in that or not.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-05-2008, 12:42 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Dont want to get too deep into this again but, someone needs to explain the Ben Foster love again. haha. Other than 3:10 to Yuma, i havent seen him put on a good performance. He's a character actor who always goes way over the top. I dont get it. Again, another guy I like as a person because, I used to watch Flash Forward but, I dont see what others on here see. The character actor can be good but, the truly great actors are the ones that dont even seem like they're acting. Foster is just ridiculous in most of his roles and tends to be typecasted w/ that type of role. Alpha Dog for example. (God awful movie)

edit...I will say this, though. I havent seen 6 feet under so, i dont know if he was good in that or not.
See, I am going to get neg repped for this, but I agree with you. And I have said this to Gonzo and Fisch time and time again, but they are on his jock consistently. Ben Foster, while a good actor, is not anything spectacular. Guys like Jake Gyllenhaal are younger, better actors, and have accomplished much more then Ben Foster has. Once again, he isnt a bad actor, but he certainly isnt spectacular. He always plays the wierd dude, and hes good at it, but he has no range whatsoever.

EDIT: And I loved The Mist. I applauded the big fat **** you Frank Darabont sent to the audience at the end. Just awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:44 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I don't really think anything was over the top considering the context of the situation. And The Mist is my favorite horror movie of the decade (just ahead of The Descent and Session 9), so I will defend it as I deem necessary.
Arguing this one would probably be pointless then for me...given those circumstances but, I didnt buy his performance at all. The Mist seemed to be more comedy than horror. W/ the so-so CGI and bad acting through out. I suppose *** Harden accomplished her task in making her character unbeliavably annoying but, no one else really stood out. Not in a good way atleast.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-05-2008, 12:47 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to pretend I didn't see the aforementioned

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Ben Foster is the second coming of Marlon Brando, but he intrigues me enough to keep me watching the movies he's in.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-05-2008, 12:53 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
The Tommy Jane one.

I completely forgot about the Dolph one
I love to watch both. Dolph, Jane, and the character of the Punisher are all totally sweet in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I liked him as Roger Maris in 61*
Mantle, and yeah it was pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H
Thomas Jane is a horrible actor. I couldnt even name a movie off the top of my head that he was actually good in. A cool dude, yes but, as far as acting goes, he's lacking. Has never impressed me.
He was fantastic in Homeless Dad
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:53 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I don't think Ben Foster is the second coming of Marlon Brando, but he intrigues me enough to keep me watching the movies he's in.
We all know that's Shia Lebeouf. ;)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-05-2008, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
He was fantastic in Homeless Dad
Exactly my point earlier that no one caught...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-05-2008, 12:59 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

You're lucky I know atleast a little bit about Arrested Development. Because, that would more than likely fly over everyone elses heads.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 12-05-2008 at 01:22 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:23 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh I caught it too, it was very clever...I just re-watched all three seasons of AD since they confirmed the movie, so if i hadnt done that I probably would have forgotten by this point...hhahahaha Tom Jane
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:25 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unBANable unTOUCHable View Post
Anybody watch The Union: The Business Behind Getting High?

It was very well-received by critics and I imagine it will carve out a nice niche in the documentary genre as more people become aware of it.
How was this worthy of an infraction. It's a legit movie posted in the Movie Discussion thread. If we talk about Half Baked or Blow are we getting infracted?
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:10 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
How was this worthy of an infraction. It's a legit movie posted in the Movie Discussion thread. If we talk about Half Baked or Blow are we getting infracted?
I didn't wanna comment since I have enough infraction points already, but I don't get where he crossed the line.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:16 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
several posters, myself included, talked about cocaine cowboys

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:23 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tommy Jane is beyond brilliant in Boogie Nights.

Ben Foster is beyond brilliant in everything he does. Foster is Birds of America, 3:10 to Yuma, Alpha Dog, Six Feet Under, Hostage, and Freaks and Geeks = epic win. He is so ******* full of talent and one day you will all see what Fisch and I have been saying all along!!! There are too many people to neg rep for this disgusting comments about Foster so just know you are all neg repped it my heart.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:28 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Tommy Jane is beyond brilliant in Boogie Nights.

Ben Foster is beyond brilliant in everything he does. Foster is Birds of America, 3:10 to Yuma, Alpha Dog, Six Feet Under, Hostage, and Freaks and Geeks = epic win. He is so ******* full of talent and one day you will all see what Fisch and I have been saying all along!!! There are too many people to neg rep for this disgusting comments about Foster so just know you are all neg repped it my heart.
But he isnt...ok, given, I havent watched Birds of America yet its on my computer, but he was a very similar character in 3:10, Alpha Dog, Hostage and even 30 Days of Night for **** sake. Hes just the wierd, crazy guy who is on the edge all of the time. His work in Six Feet Under is still his best stuff IMO, and maybe thats cause its one of my all time favourite shows, but still. He may be full of talent and all that, but at this point, your praise of him is completely unwarranted. Its kinda the same thing you do with Kristen Bell...:D
Quote:
Old 12-05-2008, 02:33 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
But he isnt...ok, given, I havent watched Birds of America yet its on my computer, but he was a very similar character in 3:10, Alpha Dog, Hostage and even 30 Days of Night for **** sake. Hes just the wierd, crazy guy who is on the edge all of the time. His work in Six Feet Under is still his best stuff IMO, and maybe thats cause its one of my all time favourite shows, but still. He may be full of talent and all that, but at this point, your praise of him is completely unwarranted. Its kinda the same thing you do with Kristen Bell...:D
You disgust me. I will now join the rest of IRC in their quest to have you banned. First Jesus Foster and then the almighty Bell. You are a terrible terrible fool of a moron :(
Old 12-05-2008, 02:34 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did he just get infracted for talking about a movie? That's ridiculous. One of the stupidest things I've ever seen on this board.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:38 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They even deleted his post, Jesus

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:38 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

James Callis in Captain America will ensure the movies greatness.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:40 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

I have been infracted many a time by he who must not be named that infracted that post. I suggest you all complain elsewhere or he will infract all of you as well. Mein Fuhrer! I am afraid for all of us.

Last edited by Dr. Gonzo : 12-05-2008 at 02:45 AM.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:53 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe they are adapting Marley & Me into a movie starring Owen Wilson. =(

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:06 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

I have started to watch The Union and so far it is pretty great. I will likely go to bed in an hour and finish the rest tomorow (or should I say later today).
Old 12-05-2008, 04:34 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I have been infracted many a time by he who must not be named that infracted that post. I suggest you all complain elsewhere or he will infract all of you as well. Mein Fuhrer! I am afraid for all of us.
If enough people have a problem something will be done...but it needs to be taken up with Scott...via PM or email.....that is the only step into getting a change.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote