Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-13-2008, 12:22 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Day the Earth Stood Still was a waste of time.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:37 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Read on an article, "Keanu Reeves fails to delivier."

A role where he needs no expression, fail.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point (still not having viewed a few oscar conenders) I think Sean Penn deserves best actor for Milk. It is a phenomenal ******* film and he gives possible his best ever performance which is saying a whole ******* lot. I also think Franco will get a best supporting nom over Hirsch who was also great. I highly recommend Milk as it is in my top 3 of the year so far. I had read reviews that said the film is full of excellent performances but bogged down by Van Sants direction and I cannot disagree more. I think he deserves a best director nod.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:16 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
At this point (still not having viewed a few oscar conenders) I think Sean Penn deserves best actor for Milk. It is a phenomenal ******* film and he gives possible his best ever performance which is saying a whole ******* lot. I also think Franco will get a best supporting nom over Hirsch who was also great. I highly recommend Milk as it is in my top 3 of the year so far. I had read reviews that said the film is full of excellent performances but bogged down by Van Sants direction and I cannot disagree more. I think he deserves a best director nod.
I doubt it, but I think that there will be a lot of pressure to reward Ledger after his Dark Knight performance. I haven't seen Milk, i might because I've just heard glowing reports from it, but you make it sounds like Penn personified Milk to a tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
I doubt it, but I think that there will be a lot of pressure to reward Ledger after his Dark Knight performance. I haven't seen Milk, i might because I've just heard glowing reports from it, but you make it sounds like Penn personified Milk to a tee
Oh I am not saying Franco should win, I just think he should be nominated.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You might have just convince me to see it tomorrow. Its funny how I hear Franco stole every scene and then I will read about how Hirsch owns the film. Then you bring up Sean Penn deserving best actor. Im down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:21 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh I am not saying Franco should win, I just think he should be nominated.
Sounds good, heard he was pretty damn good as Milk's lover in the film, maybe I get to bump into him on campus on Monday after his class and ask him about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetime21 View Post
You might have just convince me to see it tomorrow. Its funny how I hear Franco stole every scene and then I will read about how Hirsch owns the film. Then you bring up Sean Penn deserving best actor. Im down.
The film is full of great performances. I tend to think supporting actor performances in films in general get praised more than lead performances because they are on screen less and because of that great ones always leave you wanting more. Penn just blew me away the whole time and I happen to think that he stole every scene away from guys like Hirsch, Brolin, and Franco whose performances were all so great they would steal scenes in most films. Anyways, next up for me is Grand Torino which I will be watching tomorow. Hopefully I will be able to watch most of the main Oscar contenders this Christmas break.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:09 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched the movie Frequency starring Dennis Quaid and Jim "Jesus" Cavieziel tonight on TV. Not a bad movie to be honest.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More over, Milk is exactly the kind of movie the Academy is going to flip its nut over.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:29 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was given a bunch of movies from my aunt. Funny how they are ALL war movies but the bests of the bunch are definitely A Bridge Too Far and Patton. Never seen A Bridge Too Far but it is excellent.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 02:43 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

After finally finishing Milk I will say it is my favorite film this year so far. It is just brilliant in every way.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:28 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
After finally finishing Milk I will say it is my favorite film this year so far. It is just brilliant in every way.
Where are you watching it, PM me
Old 12-14-2008, 08:45 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is best actor (Oscar) Penn's to lose? Who else will be out there? Rourke, Dicaprio, Pitt, Langella.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 12-14-2008 at 08:47 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Is best actor (Oscar) Penn's to lose? Who else will be out there? Rourke, Dicaprio, Pitt, Langella.
I still think it's Rourke's to lose, but the Academy could feel bad about giving Best Picture to the piece of **** that is Crash over Brokeback 3 years ago so who knows.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Keanu Reeves you know what you're gonna get going into the theatre. He's not a good actor, but there is something about him or his movies that makes me want to watch them over and over. uggggh.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I still think it's Rourke's to lose, but the Academy could feel bad about giving Best Picture to the piece of **** that is Crash over Brokeback 3 years ago so who knows.
Crash was ******* awesome

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:07 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Possibilities?

Rourke, Penn, Del Toro, DiCaprio, Langella, Eastwood, Fiennes, Pitt, Viggo

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

Last edited by comahan : 12-14-2008 at 11:11 AM.
comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
With Keanu Reeves you know what you're gonna get going into the theatre. He's not a good actor, but there is something about him or his movies that makes me want to watch them over and over. uggggh.
Well, it's not really him, it's the movies that he chooses.

His best acting performance was in "Devil's Advocate", where I actually think he did a pretty good job. And it was a tough role.

Perhaps the fact that he was opposite of Al Pacino elevated his performance.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Why would they feel bad about that? Aside from the relationship being about homosexuals, it wasn't all that amazing.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Why would they feel bad about that? Aside from the relationship being about homosexuals, it wasn't all that amazing.
You're right, and without the quest to dump the ring Lord of the Rings wasn't all that amazing. Without the character of Charles Foster Kane, Citizen Kane wasn't all that amazing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

I haven't watched The Wrestler yet so it very well could be Rourke's to lose. I think Langella will qualify for Best Supporting not Best Actor but I may be wrong. As much as I will rave about Penn's performance in Milk I have yet to see most of the major Best Actor performances people are raving about. This looks like a strong year for Best Actor.

I also thought Crash was insanely overated.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hamlet 2 is hilarious, see it if you have not.

As for Brokeback vs. Crash, that was an awfully weak year for best pic and while I agree that Crash was overrated I still think it was better than Brokeback Mountain.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:57 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
That's because Point Break was awesome
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
That's because Point Break was awesome
Surfing FBI agents fwi!

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote