Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-15-2008, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
That's because Point Break was awesome
Point break, the first matrix and the Replacements are about the only movies of his i like.

Edit: and hardball! lol
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
That's because Point Break was awesome
what a ******* awesome movie.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
Point break, the first matrix and the Replacements are about the only movies of his i like.

Edit: and hardball! lol
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure was by far his best film.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:12 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's that time of year again
Old 12-15-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
what a ******* awesome movie.
"One last ride, brah, one last ride"

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:35 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hot Fuzz hahaha
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:38 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
Hot Fuzz hahaha
I cant think of Point Break without thinking of Hot Fuzz now. I just get that image of Nick Frost pulling the Keanu, and I burst out laughing.

Oh, and The Replacements is such an awesome movie. I remember seeing it as a kid and laughing my ass off. Its still on TBS all the time, I watch it whenever i can. Rhys Ifans is so ******* funny in that movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you know Point Break has been adapted into a stage performance in New York. I saw it on E News
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Oh, and The Replacements is such an awesome movie. I remember seeing it as a kid and laughing my ass off. Its still on TBS all the time, I watch it whenever i can. Rhys Ifans is so ******* funny in that movie.
You were a kid when The Replacements came out? That makes me depressed.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are 10 days away.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en-qL3SYKLc

Should be awesome.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:24 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never knew what The Curious Case of Benjamin Button was about.

Looks odd.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post

Looks odd.
If by odd you mean awesome and sure to be underappreciated by common folk then yes, it looks odd.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking forward to seeing TCCBB and Milk very soon.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:38 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
You were a kid when The Replacements came out? That makes me depressed.
haha well im 20 now, when did it come out? 2000? so by kid, i meant around 11. I still laugh at it nowadays though, its a pretty funny movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post

Looks odd.
I think it will be the best movie of the year, slightly edging out Synechdote, New York.. And there have been some other very good movies this year.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After a really weak first 8 months for movies this year is finishing strong. I have Milk as my number 1 movie of the year right now and I loved Frost/Nixon. In the next few weeks I will be watching (hopefully) the likes of TCCOBB, Grand Torino, Synechdoche New York, Revolutionary Road, Slumdog Millionaire, Doubt, The Wrestler, and The Reader (seems to be getting some praise but I am not as excited to see it as I am others. I still don't think this year is as strong as last year movie wise but damn is it finishing up strong. After a few down years at the beginning of this decade it is really finishing off strong.

Last edited by Dr. Gonzo : 12-17-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

For anyone interested, the trailer for the Wolverine: Origins movie hit the net today. here is hte link

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/dor/ob...lr_121508.html

Its looks...well, it looks exactly like a Fox movie making a Marvel movie. They should just give Marvel the rights back to all their characters. Ahhhh well, Ill no doubt be seeing it anyways, but it looks a little tacky and a bit too much like X3 for me to be comfortable with it.
Quote:
Old 12-15-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
For anyone interested, the trailer for the Wolverine: Origins movie hit the net today. here is hte link

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/dor/ob...lr_121508.html

Its looks...well, it looks exactly like a Fox movie making a Marvel movie. They should just give Marvel the rights back to all their characters. Ahhhh well, Ill no doubt be seeing it anyways, but it looks a little tacky and a bit too much like X3 for me to be comfortable with it.
That is why they won't give those rights back. It is because of people like you who will go to see the movie regardless of whether it is good or bad that bad comic book adaptations will continue to make crazy amounts of money and they will continue to make them. I mean I understand why you will go to see the movie buts it sucks that movies that can potentially be great but suck (I have not actually watched the full movie so so I can not be absolutely certain) will continue to get made because they make money and the ****** directors that make them will continue to get jobs.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
people like you who will go to see the movie regardless of whether it is good or bad
This is true of about 90% of all the major studio releases. Sadly, it wont change. Somewhere along the line, it became a normal thing for people to go see movies every Friday or Saturday night in America and it's resulted in people seeing crap movies because they want to see a movie. Also a lack of independent theaters outside some major cities kills any chance of worthwhile movies being shown any where.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW, It's Synecdoche, NY.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
After a really weak first 8 months for movies this year is finishing strong. I have Milk as my number 1 movie of the year right now and I loved Frost/Nixon. In the next few weeks I will be watching (hopefully) the likes of TCCOBB, Grand Torino, Synechdote New York, Revolutionary Road, Slumdog Millionaire, Doubt, The Wrestler, and The Reader (seems to be getting some praise but I am not as excited to see it as I am others. I still don't think this year is as strong as last year movie wise but damn is it finishing up strong. After a few down years at the beginning of this decade it is really finishing off strong.
Don't worry, Button will make this an excellent movie year for you.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:26 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm insanely excited for Button, is it pretty much certain it will get a best picture nomination?
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:40 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
I'm insanely excited for Button, is it pretty much certain it will get a best picture nomination?
I certainly hope so, if not there will be one dead Academy.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:48 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I treated myself to Slumdog Millionaire yesterday and I say that it most definitely did not disappoint. Writing was brilliant and I wouldn't expect anything less from Danny Boyle. An all around brilliant movie

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Lionsfan93
Rookie

Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.Lionsfan93 could make a wolverine purr.

Don't watch The Day The Earth Stood Still it was terrible, watch the original it's much better
Lionsfan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:04 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionsfan93 View Post
Don't watch The Day The Earth Stood Still it was terrible, watch the original it's much better
It looks terrible. Anything really with Keanu Reeves as the main character is going to be below average.