Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-24-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
I'm hoping it's better than the dark knight. That's how good I think this movie could be.
Really? They're probably going to have to leave quite a bit of stuff out from the movie that was in the GN. I'm not saying it's impossible for this movie to be great, but it does have a lot of expectation from the graphic novel as well as hype to live up to.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:05 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Really? They're probably going to have to leave quite a bit of stuff out from the movie that was in the GN. I'm not saying it's impossible for this movie to be great, but it does have a lot of expectation from the graphic novel as well as hype to live up to.
I read somewhere they changed the ending.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
I was disappointed when I heard about what they did to the ending but I think that's something they can work around if they do it well. I know it has huge expectations and all I'm saying is if executed properly this movie could live up to and exceed the hype, like TDK did.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I read somewhere they changed the ending.
yeah

Old 01-24-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yeah

Yeah instead of a
it'll probably just be a
Old 01-24-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just hope Watchmen doesn't suck. I don't really expect it to be all that great.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah instead of a
it'll probably just be a
Which could still work but definitely doesn't sound as good. I really don't expect it to suck and if it does I'll probably loathe it like the new indy movie.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah instead of a
it'll probably just be a
They actually confirmed what it is....(don't read obviously if you do not want to know)

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive no doubt that Watchmen COULD be better then TDK...everything I have seen so far dictates that if they stick closely to the source material, which is infinately better then the Batman source material, I think Watchmen could definately be better then TDK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way!

The Dark Knight had too much of a 'badass' factor to be beaten.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was excited for the X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie. After I heard Deadpool was in it I became even more excited. Then I saw this picture:

They're going to ruin Deadpool like they did Daredevil.

edit: picture was way too huge.

http://www.aintitcool.com/images2009...verine-big.jpg

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not aware what he is supposed to look like.

Is it that bad?

And I thought Jackman was a good Wolverine.

Old 01-24-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its supposed to be Deadpool before he became the Deadpool we all know from comics
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Ive no doubt that Watchmen COULD be better then TDK...everything I have seen so far dictates that if they stick closely to the source material, which is infinately better then the Batman source material, I think Watchmen could definately be better then TDK.
Too bad Snyder is not even remotely capable of creating anything close to TDK.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-24-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Too bad Snyder is not even remotely capable of creating anything close to TDK.
He'll create something very visually appealing, and the source material is very strong so I could see it working out well as long as the leave the story telling to the graphic novel and all Snyder does is makes it look cool.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
He'll create something very visually appealing, and the source material is very strong so I could see it working out well as long as the leave the story telling to the graphic novel and all Snyder does is makes it look cool.
And he'll also include an assload of slow motion because he's obsessed with slow motion crap.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-24-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Its supposed to be Deadpool before he became the Deadpool we all know from comics
I just don't have faith in Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Everyone else says he is perfect for the role.

Old 01-24-2009, 07:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Reynolds is the man, I'm sure he'll do a great job.

And for whoever said it...yes, Catch me if you can is on tv right now and if you havent checked it out, you should. Great movie.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Then you are an idiot, because its one of the best casts in recent memory...I used to be a comic *****, and Cable and Deadpool was one of my all time favourite series. Deadpool is probably my favourite comic book character ever (right in front of Nightcrawler) and Reynolds has the look AND the quips to play the "merc with the mouth". Hes absolutely perfect in the role, I really cannot think of anyone better to play him.

And yes, in that picture, its supposed to be Deadpool before the comic...however, they are obviously playing around with his Origins a bit because by the time he was in the Weapon X program, Wade Wilson (Deadpool) was supposed to be half dead from cancer and just have spent a ton of time incarcerated in a mental asylum after they injected him with Wolverine's healing factor. So i dont know what the hell hes doing looking like that in those pictures, but the trailer for this movie looked ok, not great, just ok.

And Brodeur, Snyder doesnt have to come up with anything. All he has to do is take whats on the pages of the best graphic novel of all time and put it on screen, and everything we have seen from the trailers suggests he has done that. What more does he have to do? Watchmen could absolutely be better then TDK. We will just have to see.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:24 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Ryan Reynolds is the man, I'm sure he'll do a great job.

And for whoever said it...yes, Catch me if you can is on tv right now and if you havent checked it out, you should. Great movie.
I like the guy but I'm afraid they're just going to make him the funny guy and just ruin the character. His jokes will be lame mostly is what I'm expecting.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will Reynolds eventually be in costume, though?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:35 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Will Reynolds eventually be in costume, though?
I read an interview somewhere that said Deadpool will be scarred in this movie, and they are already talking about a spinoff for Reynolds. I hope that they dont ruin him though, and I better see some breaking of the 4th wall.
Quote:
Old 01-24-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i can see the Watchmen being a big letdown, i hope it's not though.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Then you are an idiot, because its one of the best casts in recent memory...I used to be a comic *****, and Cable and Deadpool was one of my all time favourite series. Deadpool is probably my favourite comic book character ever (right in front of Nightcrawler) and Reynolds has the look AND the quips to play the "merc with the mouth". Hes absolutely perfect in the role, I really cannot think of anyone better to play him.

And yes, in that picture, its supposed to be Deadpool before the comic...however, they are obviously playing around with his Origins a bit because by the time he was in the Weapon X program, Wade Wilson (Deadpool) was supposed to be half dead from cancer and just have spent a ton of time incarcerated in a mental asylum after they injected him with Wolverine's healing factor. So i dont know what the hell hes doing looking like that in those pictures, but the trailer for this movie looked ok, not great, just ok.
What is with you man? So quick to call people idiots because they say something that disagrees with you. I'm was a big Deadpool fan growing up and based on I have seen of Ryan Reynolds work I think it's going to be a disappointment. Blade III all over again.

Sig by Hitman D.