Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-13-2009, 02:25 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Anyone gonna watch the new Friday The 13th? It doesn't have Tommy Jarvis! I'll probably end up watching it. I grew up watching horror movies because of my older brothers and our friends who were twins. I saw most of the Friday the 13ths and Nightmare on Elm street at like 7 or 8. Scared the **** out of me as a kid.
is this important? just wondering

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:27 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
is this important? just wondering
Most important thing in life. No, I was just rambling.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:50 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone here seen.....The Lives of Others?

Is it worth renting?
Old 02-13-2009, 06:15 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Anyone here seen.....The Lives of Others?

Is it worth renting?
its incredibly good. Comahan said it couldve easily won Best Picture that year. I really loved that movie.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:21 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
its incredibly good. Comahan said it couldve easily won Best Picture that year. I really loved that movie.
* Should have absolutely been in the conversation for Best Picture

People freaked when it beat Pans Labyrinth for Best Foreign flick. Not because Everyone thought Pans Lab was better, but because people had actually seen Pans Lab and had NOT seen Lives of Others.

But yea, I think it was better than most of the Best Picture nominees that year (Departed, Queen, Babel, Letters from Iwo Jima, and Little Miss Sunshine were the nominees - I might argue that its better than all of those, tbh.)

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

i really wasnt a big fan of babel, idk why

Old 02-13-2009, 10:20 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Looks good. I don't like how the trailer has the "through the eyes of Quentin Tarantino" line.. Just kind of overshadows the whole thing.
I was thinking the same thing. Regardless, the movie looks pretty awesome.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:24 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I finally watched all of the Matrix in one sitting. haha. The movie is corny as hell but, was alright as a whole. I hear the 2nd one is worth watching but, the 3rd is garbage.

Semi-related...There was this really, really geeky kid I went to high school with who always walked like Morpheus...it was quite hilarious. Especially, when we were in gym class playing dodge ball or something and he'd just stand there with his hands behind his back ala Morpheus and you just peg him, only to see him fly backwards, Matrix style. That wasnt intentional, though. haha. Good times, good times.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:01 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I finally watched all of the Matrix in one sitting. haha. The movie is corny as hell but, was alright as a whole. I hear the 2nd one is worth watching but, the 3rd is garbage.

Semi-related...There was this really, really geeky kid I went to high school with who always walked like Morpheus...it was quite hilarious. Especially, when we were in gym class playing dodge ball or something and he'd just stand there with his hands behind his back ala Morpheus and you just peg him, only to see him fly backwards, Matrix style. That wasnt intentional, though. haha. Good times, good times.
I thought the first one was the only good one. The other 2 have some cool scenes but were dumb mostly imo.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
I thought the first one was the only good one. The other 2 have some cool scenes but were dumb mostly imo.
I watched the 2nd one about an hour ago...it wasn't all that great, imo. I'm just not that interested in the story. They could have stopped after the 1st movie, really.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-13-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw the new Friday the 13th movie at midnight last night. To be honest, I don't know how I feel about it. It had some parts I liked, and others I didn't. The intro was pretty sweet though. The whole intro that is, not just the part with his mother.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It really was great watching a bunch of Kevin Smith films in a theatre full of an audience of fans. Everyone was having a good time and were not annoying (except for the fairly large amount of people who laughed throughout the end of Chasing Amy even though the whole end is about the main character losing the love of his live and his best friend). I had a great time and got to ******** with Kevin Smith a few times over the course of three days. He hinted that this will now be a yearly event in Toronto because of how well the whole event went so I look forward to attending next year.

I watched Almost Famous for the first time in years after not liking it too much way back when I first saw it. I really enjoyed it and I would say the bus scene where everyone sings Tiny Dancer is one of my all time favorites.

I also watched When Harry Met Sally for the first time and loved it. I would rank it as my number 2 favorite rom com of all time after Say Anything.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
It really was great watching a bunch of Kevin Smith films in a theatre full of an audience of fans. Everyone was having a good time and were not annoying (except for the fairly large amount of people who laughed throughout the end of Chasing Amy even though the whole end is about the main character losing the love of his live and his best friend). I had a great time and got to ******** with Kevin Smith a few times over the course of three days. He hinted that this will now be a yearly event in Toronto because of how well the whole event went so I look forward to attending next year.

I watched Almost Famous for the first time in years after not liking it too much way back when I first saw it. I really enjoyed it and I would say the bus scene where everyone sings Tiny Dancer is one of my all time favorites.

I also watched When Harry Met Sally for the first time and loved it. I would rank it as my number 2 favorite rom com of all time after Say Anything.
You forget High Fidelity! That is without doubt my all time fave rom com, although I guess you cant go wrong with anything Cusack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
You forget High Fidelity! That is without doubt my all time fave rom com, although I guess you cant go wrong with anything Cusack.
I did indeed forget it. I am sure if I actually put a top rom com list together it would make it.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Almost Famous and High Fidelity are sooooo good. Two outstanding casts right there. Crudup made me want to grow out the stache. haha. Couldnt really grow a good one in 2000, though. Love those movies.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-13-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite romcom is probably The Last Kiss. However, I need to see the Italian Original as it is probably much better.
Also, High Fidelity is only slightly better Say Anything, but Harry Met Sally is better.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
My favorite romcom is probably The Last Kiss. However, I need to see the Italian Original as it is probably much better.
Also, High Fidelity is only slightly better Say Anything, but Harry Met Sally is better.
I just love Say Anything so much. Watching the scene where Lloyd Dobbler pulls out the boombox and plays it over his head was the closet I have ever been to becoming *** :)

Cusack is just so awesome and the movie is such a perfect rom com in my mind.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would Grosse Point Blank count as a rom com? Because it is my favorite Cusack movie.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Would Grosse Point Blank count as a rom com? Because it is my favorite Cusack movie.
Another fantastic movie. I would probably not count it as a rom com. To me it is a fringe rom com much like many Kevin Smith movies and I do not include those either. I really hate the romantic comedy genre for the most part though which may be another reason why I don't like calling really anything I like a rom com.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
High Fidelity is a great movie but I thought the book was better. That isnt meant to take anything away from the movie though, it's one of my favorites.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is such a huge different between a good rom com, ie High Fidelity (which I guess I am bias, if i was to make a top 15 movies of all time, Fidelity would easily make it) or ESSM, and the horse **** they try and sell as rom coms nowadays. Like seriously, **** those movies that taint the genre. Not to say we dont all have our guilty pleasures, but some of them are just SO bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Not to say we dont all have our guilty pleasures
I have to admit, I think Love Actually is pretty good.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post

The news of an annual event makes me a happy Fischbowl :)

Next year Gonzo

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
The news of an annual event makes me a happy Fischbowl :)

Next year Gonzo
I am pumped as well sir. Next year I will certainly be making the trip down from Ottawa. I already have an idea how I will approach the festival next year and it involves hanging out in the balcony with the large number of people who sit up there and smoke the whole time. I even spotted a bong up there the one time I sat there which was odd and yet pretty awesome.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:43 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Almost Famous and High Fidelity are sooooo good. Two outstanding casts right there. Crudup made me want to grow out the stache. haha. Couldnt really grow a good one in 2000, though. Love those movies.
One of my favorite movies. I love it.