Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-17-2009, 11:25 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was excited for Emily Blunt as Black Widow in Iron Man 2, but im even MORE excited about Scarlett...Scarlett in a tight leather outfit=epic win
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:32 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Yeah I completely agree with sweetness on this one. While movies like Transformers may not necessarily be the types of movies that you can really appreciate for their acting/writing/etc., it simply was an entertaining movie (atleast IMO). And you know what dhvf likes, dhvf likes to be entertained.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!!!!!!!??

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Shoot Em Up is like 100000000000x better than wanted. its really not in the same leagues
I actually think the opposite.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My amazon order came into today...I got an interesting mix, some I just bought to add to the collection and have seen multiple times, others I havent seen yet.

I got:

Boiler Room
Brick
Feast
Goodwill Hunting
Insomnia
the Last Winter
Saving Private Ryan
Training Day

Funny thing is you can link Boiler Room, Feast, Goodwill Hunting, Insomnia, and Saving Private Ryan...with Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, and Robin Williams. haha. Didnt even notice that until now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-17-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Well, this should make a lot of people on here happy...

'Iron Man 2': Scarlett Johansson to replace Emily Blunt as Black Widow?
I would rather have seen Emily Blunt to be honest. She deserves a big time role.

And I just came back from the Friday the 13th remake during my break between classes, and well, it wasn't completely horrible.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Commercials for the movie "Fired Up!" make me want to punch a koala.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Yeah I completely agree with sweetness on this one. While movies like Transformers may not necessarily be the types of movies that you can really appreciate for their acting/writing/etc., it simply was an entertaining movie (atleast IMO). And you know what dhvf likes, dhvf likes to be entertained.
Exactly. Sometimes I dont' want to have to try and figure a movie out or focus on "Oscar worthy traits." Sometimes I just wanna go into a theater and watch **** get blown up, robots fight each other, Megan Fox leaning over a car engine, and **** like that. As long as Transformers keeps to what it is (a popcorn flick) it'll be fine and by the new preview I'd say that's what it is doing.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I actually like the two male actors in Fired Up (Eric Christian Olsen/Nic D'Agosto) but, one is just about 30 and the other is 32, I believe. Yeah, a little too old to be playing high school kids but, anyway...I thought both would be on better career paths by now and not associated with this type of junk. Guess not.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-17-2009, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Exactly. Sometimes I dont' want to have to try and figure a movie out or focus on "Oscar worthy traits." Sometimes I just wanna go into a theater and watch **** get blown up, robots fight each other, Megan Fox leaning over a car engine, and **** like that. As long as Transformers keeps to what it is (a popcorn flick) it'll be fine and by the new preview I'd say that's what it is doing.
I was able to turn off my brain before Transformers and I am able to enjoy mindless action films from time to time. Turns out the movie made me want to vomit and I really ******* hate it. To each is own I suppose but IMO as a mindless action film Transformers was a pile of trash.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I enjoyed Transformers. I don't think it was a great movie, but it was entertaining.

However, the storyline was really trash. It was more focused on humans than robots and the overall story only really told us that they used to be on another planet and now they are on Earth. That's it. Outside of the final fight in the city, there was hardly any fighting between the robots, yet Michael ******* Bay somehow found a way to blow **** up constantly.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I thought Transformers was pretty decent as well...of course the story line was garbage but, what can you really expect from a movie based on the Transformers? I never even watched the show but, found the movie to be entertaining. I'll agree that Bay goes way over the top at the beginning of the movie, though. Way too many explosions going on at that army base but, it gets better from there and I dont recall anywhere else that he goes way too overboard. It really wasnt all that bad.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-17-2009, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am bored and decided to go through IMDB and list the movies over the next few months that I look forward to. I guess this is kind of a most anticipated list except this isn't for the own year and I will list films I am even midly interested to see.

Fanboys - whenever it is released
Watchmen - March 6th
I Love You, Man (most anticipating Comedy of the year) - March 20th
Adventureland (I am willing to give any Motolla movie a shot) - March 27th
The Haunting in Connecticut (the dude who plays the Beav in Veronica Mars is it it so I must give it a shot and DL it) - March 27th
Observe and Report (It is supposed to be an incredibly dark and it looks awesome) - April 10th
Star Trek - May 8th
The Brothers Bloom - May 15th
Drag Me To Hell (I love me some Raimi) - May 29th
Land of the Lost - June 5th
The Year One - June 19th
My Sister's Keeper (I must support anything Cassavetes) - June 26th
Public Enemies - July 1st
Bruno - July 10th
500 Days of Summer - July 24th
Funny People - July 31st

I din't list any animated films but I am probably more looking forward to Monster's vs. Aliens than the Pixar one. I guess because I didn't really love Wall-E as much as most and MVA features Will Arnett. March is going to be great with two of my most anticipated movies of the year and I am starting to really get pumped about Observe and Report partly because I keep hearing it sort of has a Taxi Driver vibe and because I look forward to hearing about the many people who go to the movie expecting an Apatox esque film and leave in shock. I really hope it is as dark as I hear or I will be very dissapointed.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I thought Transformers was pretty decent as well...of course the story line was garbage but, what can you really expect from a movie based on the Transformers? I never even watched the show but, found the movie to be entertaining. I'll agree that Bay goes way over the top at the beginning of the movie, though. Way too many explosions going on at that army base but, it gets better from there and I dont recall anywhere else that he goes way too overboard. It really wasnt all that bad.
We shall agree to disagree. My friend keeps telling me to watch it again while under the influence so I think I will be doing just that. I am an avid hater of the film and was not entertained at all but he seems to think I will change my mind so I guess I will have to see.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Inglorious Bastards?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
No Inglorious Bastards?
I stopped at July 31st but you are right, I might as well keep going.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

To continue my most anticipated list:

The Goods: The Don Ready Story - August 14th
Inglorious Basterds (This has been my most anticipated film for 6 years now) - August 21st
Shanghai (John Cusack ZOMG) - September 4th
The Box (Richard Kelly ZOMG) - November 6th
Nine (DDL in a movie based on a musical based on 8 1/2 ZOMG) - November 25th
The Lovely Bones - December 11th

There are very few movies listed after August. Inglorious Basterds is my most anticipated of the year and I have been waiting for The Box for a ******* long time now.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats Gonzo, I trust your judgment so much that I am now going through that list and watching trailers. Good thing I have no life.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Does Richard Kelly really deserve a "ZOMG"? Outside of Donnie Darko, he has nothing. There is still hope but, he's another flop or two away from being labled as a lucky hack from me. I use the word lucky because, he some how managed to find gold in Donnie Darko, where as everything else he wrote was garbage.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-17-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I am bored and decided to go through IMDB and list the movies over the next few months that I look forward to. I guess this is kind of a most anticipated list except this isn't for the own year and I will list films I am even midly interested to see.

Fanboys - whenever it is released
Watchmen - March 6th
I Love You, Man (most anticipating Comedy of the year) - March 20th
Adventureland (I am willing to give any Motolla movie a shot) - March 27th
The Haunting in Connecticut (the dude who plays the Beav in Veronica Mars is it it so I must give it a shot and DL it) - March 27th
Observe and Report (It is supposed to be an incredibly dark and it looks awesome) - April 10th
Star Trek - May 8th
The Brothers Bloom - May 15th
Drag Me To Hell (I love me some Raimi) - May 29th
Land of the Lost - June 5th
The Year One - June 19th
My Sister's Keeper (I must support anything Cassavetes) - June 26th
Public Enemies - July 1st
Bruno - July 10th
500 Days of Summer - July 24th
Funny People - July 31st

I din't list any animated films but I am probably more looking forward to Monster's vs. Aliens than the Pixar one. I guess because I didn't really love Wall-E as much as most and MVA features Will Arnett. March is going to be great with two of my most anticipated movies of the year and I am starting to really get pumped about Observe and Report partly because I keep hearing it sort of has a Taxi Driver vibe and because I look forward to hearing about the many people who go to the movie expecting an Apatox esque film and leave in shock. I really hope it is as dark as I hear or I will be very dissapointed.
Fanboys was meh Gonzo, but it did have a nice Sexy Stud cameo.

Of the list, not really so high on the Brothers Bloom and Land of the Lost. 500 Days of Summer, I'll give a shot as a Fox Searchlight feature, and it did get rave reviews at Sundance.

I can't wait for Observe and Report, looks amazing, and I'm a huge Jody Hill fan. No Sunshine Cleaning on the list, Gonzo, I'm surprised

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
To continue my most anticipated list:

The Goods: The Don Ready Story - August 14th
Inglorious Basterds (This has been my most anticipated film for 6 years now) - August 21st
Shanghai (John Cusack ZOMG) - September 4th
The Box (Richard Kelly ZOMG) - November 6th
Nine (DDL in a movie based on a musical based on 8 1/2 ZOMG) - November 25th
The Lovely Bones - December 11th

There are very few movies listed after August. Inglorious Basterds is my most anticipated of the year and I have been waiting for The Box for a ******* long time now.
YES for The Goods and Basterds, I can't wait for both as you can imagine. Nine also looks amazing.

I don't think the movie will do The Lovely Bones novel justice

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Fanboys was meh Gonzo, but it did have a nice Sexy Stud cameo.

Of the list, not really so high on the Brothers Bloom and Land of the Lost. 500 Days of Summer, I'll give a shot as a Fox Searchlight feature, and it did get rave reviews at Sundance.

I can't wait for Observe and Report, looks amazing, and I'm a huge Jody Hill fan. No Sunshine Cleaning on the list, Gonzo, I'm surprised
I actually had Sunshine Cleaning on my list and pulled it off for some reason. I have actually yet to watch the trailer so I will do that now.

Brothers Bloom will get a look from me because I loved Brick so much. Land of the Lost was one of my favorite shows as a child so that gets a watch from me. I will watch Fanboys just for Kristen Bell. 500 Days of Summer will get a watch from me because of Joseph Goden Levitt and because I hear it is kind of an anti romance.

In response to Moth I agree that there is a very good chance Kelly was a one hit wonder but I kind of liked where Southland Tales was going even if I didn't really love the movie when it was over. I will hold out hope that Kelly kept his craziness in check for The Box.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
YES for The Goods and Basterds, I can't wait for both as you can imagine. Nine also looks amazing.

I don't think the movie will do The Lovely Bones novel justice
I have a feeling you are right about The Lovely Bones. I will end up watching it though just in hopes it does or at least comes close. Maybe Jackson will finally live up the the potential he showed in his early years with awesome movies like Dead Alive.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah, I wasnt that interested in the Brothers Bloom until I saw Brick. Rian Johnson, Rachel Wiesz, Mark Ruffalo, and Adrian Brody. There is a lot of win in that group in my book.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-17-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

You were correct Fisch, Sunshine Cleaning looks great.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

12. The Soloist (Downey, Keener, Foxx, good times. "A Los Angeles Journalist, befriends a homeless Julliard trained musician, while looking for a new article for the paper.") - April 24

11. Avatar (James Cameron Sci Fi flick opening in December? Im in. "A band of humans are pitted in a battle against a distant planet's indigenous population." Terrifically vague.) - December 18

10. Half Blood Prince (What can I say, I'm a Potter fanboy, and from all indications, the movie will be solid. "As Harry Potter begins his 6th year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, he discovers an old book marked mysteriously "This book is the property of the Half-Blood Prince" and begins to learn more about Lord Voldemort's dark past.") - July 17

9. Watchmen (Same reasons as everyone else. "When an ex-superhero is murdered, a vigilante named Rorschach begins an investigation into the murder, which begins to lead to a much more terrifying conclusion.") - March 6

8. The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (Gilliam movie with Ledger, Depp, Farrell, and Law, much talked about final movie of Ledger. "A traveling theater company gives its audience much more than they were expecting.") - September 24

7. Shutter Island (Scorsese-Leo together again. Kingsley, Ruffalo, Mortimer, and Michelle Williams too. A lot to like. "Drama is set in 1954, U.S. Marshal Teddy Daniels is investigating the disappearance of a murderess who escaped from a hospital for the criminally insane and is presumed to be hiding on the remote Shutter Island.") - October 2

6. The Lovely Bones (Hooray Peter Jackson. "Centers on a young girl who has been murdered and watches over her family - and her killer - from heaven. She must weigh her desire for vengeance against her desire for her family to heal.") - December 11

5. The Human Factor (An Eastwood directed flick starring Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon. What else need be said? "A look at life for Nelson Mandela after the fall of apartheid in South Africa during his first term as president when campaigned to host the 1995 Rugby World Cup event as an opportunity to unite his countrymen.") - December 2009

4. Public Enemies (Depp, Bale, Cotillard. Woo! "The Feds try to take down notorious American gangsters John Dillinger, Baby Face Nelson and Pretty Boy Floyd during a booming crime wave in the 1930s.") - July 1

3. Nine (DDL, Cotillard, Cruz, Kidman, Dench, Loren, so on. Awesome. And its a musical~! "Famous film director Guido Contini struggles to find harmony in his professional and personal lives, as he engages in dramatic relationships with his wife, his mistress, his muse, his agent, and his mother.") - November 25

2. The Road (Viggo, Theron, Duvall in a Cormac McCarthy based movie. "A post-apocalyptic tale of a man and his son trying to survive by any means possible.") - Sometime in 09

1. Inglorious Baterds (Tarantino and Pitt. Awesome. "In Nazi-occupied France during World War II, a group of Jewish-American soldiers known as "The Basterds" are chosen specifically to spread fear throughout the Third Reich by scalping and brutally killing Nazis. The Basterds soon cross paths with a French-Jewish teenage girl who runs a movie theater in Paris which is targeted by the soldiers.") - August 21

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote