Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-14-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
Just watched The King Of Comedy. Definitely interesting, pretty similar to Taxi Driver actually. Great performance by De Niro, but I can understand why it isn't that well-received. Very strange subject material.
One of my all time fave Scorsese flicks...I like it better then alot of his other more respected works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
One of my all time fave Scorsese flicks...I like it better then alot of his other more respected works.
I agree, I too liked it more than some of his movies including Cape Fear, The Color of Money, etc.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree, I too liked it more than some of his movies including Cape Fear, The Color of Money, etc.
Cape Fear was the inspiration for my favorite Simpsons episode

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:38 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Getting pretty excited for I Love You, Man. So far its 7 for 7 on rotten tomatoes. That doesn't mean too much for comedies but I definitely have high expectations. Paul Rudd is one of my favorite actors right now.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Getting pretty excited for I Love You, Man. So far its 7 for 7 on rotten tomatoes. That doesn't mean too much for comedies but I definitely have high expectations. Paul Rudd is one of my favorite actors right now.
Same here. I cant wait to see it.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Rosenbaum is a poor man's Paul Rudd...but, he's funny in his own right. You'd have to watch some pretty crummy comedies to see how much they really are alike in terms of acting, though. The style, facial expressions, delivery are just eerily similar. It'd be nice to see Rosenbaum actually do some more films.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:09 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any nice movies out there worth watching? Other than Watchmen? It seems like there's a lot of average movies out there right now. I noticed that Taken and Mall Cop were in the top 5 for last weekend which is weird seeing as they were released 6-8 weeks ago.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Any nice movies out there worth watching? Other than Watchmen? It seems like there's a lot of average movies out there right now. I noticed that Taken and Mall Cop were in the top 5 for last weekend which is weird seeing as they were released 6-8 weeks ago.
I havent been to a theatre in a while but I imagine that Watchmen is worth seeing if you have read the novel.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually most people I know that haven't read the novel liked the movie more then if they did, just one of those "the book is better then the movie things"

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone ever watched The Boys & Girls Guide to Getting Down? If you have gone through an actual heavy party stage in your life, I'd definitely recommend it.

One of the more realistic movies of it's kind that I've seen, really enjoyed it and the kind of film I can see having a cult classic like following ten years from now.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Hitman D
Rookie

Hitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
I almost went to a screening last Wednesday for it but the line was HUGE and I had just got off work (I work at a movie theater). I kind of regret not going, now that I think of it.

Hitman D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Hitman D
Rookie

Hitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Paul Blart was okay, might wanna wait to rent to see it but Taken was great, I would go see that.

Hitman D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:00 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched Eternal Sunshine again tonight. I have to say, I enjoyed it much more the second time than I did the first time. The 1st time, so much is being thrown at you and you try to take it all in. The 2nd time, you can appreciate the movie and the details much more.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:12 PM    (permalink
BlueGoldGreen
Rookie

BlueGoldGreen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Has anyone seen Edmond with William H. Macy? It was one of the weirdest/worst movies I have ever seen.
BlueGoldGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:25 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGoldGreen View Post
Has anyone seen Edmond with William H. Macy? It was one of the weirdest/worst movies I have ever seen.
yeah its a really messed up movie. the scene with the black guy with long hair and the knife is so ****** up

also im watching There Will Be Blood right now- seen it multiple times but totally forgot how incredible a movie it is

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Just watched Eternal Sunshine again tonight. I have to say, I enjoyed it much more the second time than I did the first time. The 1st time, so much is being thrown at you and you try to take it all in. The 2nd time, you can appreciate the movie and the details much more.
Charlie Kaufman is a genius. This movie gets better everytime you watch it.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Anyone ever watched The Boys & Girls Guide to Getting Down? If you have gone through an actual heavy party stage in your life, I'd definitely recommend it.

One of the more realistic movies of it's kind that I've seen, really enjoyed it and the kind of film I can see having a cult classic like following ten years from now.
I watched it on Showtime once and thought it was pretty funny. The rap at the end is hilarious.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched How High like that and loved it. There were a few parts that had me laughing really loud at 3 in the morning.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:58 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just got back from seeing the full length feature of Che and damn it was amazing. ill post up a full review later but i give it 9/10.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post

Sooooooooo good.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone see The Last House on the Left? A buddy at work said it was really good and recommended I see it, but it didn't get very good reviews.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:00 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

I just watched Lars and the Real Girl for the first time, and I am shocked I hadnt seen it before. What a touching movie. I recommend it to all. Very funny in its own quirky sort of way. I am a sucker for those unstereotypical romance films, so maybe thats why I liked this so much, but I thought it was very well done. Ryan Gosling is an awesome young actor, and a very good supporting cast as well. Overall, great movie, definately recommend it to everyone.
Quote:
Old 03-15-2009, 08:16 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I just watched Lars and the Real Girl for the first time, and I am shocked I hadnt seen it before. What a touching movie. I recommend it to all. Very funny in its own quirky sort of way. I am a sucker for those unstereotypical romance films, so maybe thats why I liked this so much, but I thought it was very well done. Ryan Gosling is an awesome young actor, and a very good supporting cast as well. Overall, great movie, definately recommend it to everyone.
Yeah it was a good movie. The ending is great.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

This was on HBO last night and I watched it today. I was laughing for all 90 minutes.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Anyone see The Last House on the Left? A buddy at work said it was really good and recommended I see it, but it didn't get very good reviews.
It was alright, a little too sadistic for me though.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote