Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-19-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I'm fine, now, especially since we beat BYU. I am looking for a movie to watch.

Any one have suggestions for a edge-of-your-seat movie? Doesn't necessarily have to be a recent movie.
I started watching a really low budget movie called Primer and it is pretty good. I plan on finishing it tonight. From what I understand it is a complete mind **** movie and about quantum mechanics and such.

For an edge of your seat movie watch the Battlestar Galactica miniseries!
Old 03-19-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bsg miniseries ftw

then watch the other 4 seasons before tomorrow nights series finale!

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I started watching a really low budget movie called Primer and it is pretty good. I plan on finishing it tonight. From what I understand it is a complete mind **** movie and about quantum mechanics and such.
I read the reviews on RT and this sounds like the winner. Also there are a ton of seeders for it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

saw Changeling the other day- solid movie, very solid movie- Jolie's oscar nomination was totally justified, she was very impressive. I wish John Malkovich had more of a speaking part, but when he did it was great

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Primer's not bad, I saw that one a long time ago. It's always on IFC if it's the movie I'm thinking of. Two dudes working on a machine, accidently event time machine, that it?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

i really like primer, AQ told me about this movie quite some time ago, it really needs multiple viewings.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Primer's not bad, I saw that one a long time ago. It's always on IFC if it's the movie I'm thinking of. Two dudes working on a machine, accidently event time machine, that it?
That is the one. I still have yet to finish it, I should get on that. I just recommended it based on glowing reviews I have read/heard.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is the one. I still have yet to finish it, I should get on that. I just recommended it based on glowing reviews I have read/heard.
Yeah, it's good. Like you said, low-budget but it works. Makes you think too, which is always fun. :)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-19-2009, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

It looks like Fanboys is coming out April 3rd now. Even with all of the delays and my interest in the movie going way down I will still be checking it out in theaters.

I am going to be catching a 7 PM showing of I Love You, Man and then I think I will sneak into another movie while there. I am thinking Miss March because it will be free and nothings else really looks appealing. I figure if Miss March is terrible I can just walk out anyways but hopefully it is good for a few laughs.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:02 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I know they didnt like Fanboys on At the Movies...I still cant believe how many times that movie has been delayed and tweaked with. I still want to see it, though.

All I know about Miss March is that it was killed on Movie Mob, if you know what that is....Supposed to be painfully bad. 2 fresh and 48 rotten on rottentomatoes doesnt sound that good. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-20-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Another movie that is getting killed by critics as expected, is Knowing. I know I'll eventually see it when it comes out on DVD but, I wasnt expecting much. Atleast some of the FX look pretty decent.

Extended clips below...

Plane Crash
http://www.traileraddict.com/clip/knowing/air-crash

Subway scene
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNFsfo-QuYI

Oh the acting, though. ughhhh. lol.

Save us Nic Cage...you're the only one who could do so. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-20-2009 at 12:11 AM.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:20 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Another movie that is getting killed by critics as expected, is Knowing. I know I'll eventually see it when it comes out on DVD but, I wasnt expecting much. Atleast some of the FX look pretty decent.

Extended clips below...

Plane Crash
http://www.traileraddict.com/clip/knowing/air-crash

Subway scene
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNFsfo-QuYI

Oh the acting, though. ughhhh. lol.

Save us Nic Cage...you're the only one who could do so. :D
It was directed by the same guy who did Dark City, so I held out some hope for the movie, but I guess not...I'll watch it on DVD though.

Question: When does Observe and Report come out? I am going to be completely baked when I watch it and it looks hilarious.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:29 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
It was directed by the same guy who did Dark City, so I held out some hope for the movie, but I guess not...I'll watch it on DVD though.

Question: When does Observe and Report come out? I am going to be completely baked when I watch it and it looks hilarious.
Yeah it's directed by Proyas so, you would atleast figure there would be some crazy imagery but, I didnt think having a good director would even save this one. Nic Cage is so over dramatic in every role now...this script was also passed a round a little too much and re-written a billion times. There were a lot of red flags here. It should still make for some good special FX/CGI scenes but, other than that, probably very meh. Pretty much the average disappointing popcorn flick these days, probably could be placed in the same group as the Day the Earth Stood Still. I just hope it's better than something like, the Happening. ugh.

Observe and Report comes out April 10th. Atleast some good looking movies are on the way and May is freaking jam packed with HUGE box-office smash type popcorn movies that could end up being pretty decent.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-20-2009 at 12:32 AM.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
I know they didnt like Fanboys on At the Movies...I still cant believe how many times that movie has been delayed and tweaked with. I still want to see it, though.

All I know about Miss March is that it was killed on Movie Mob, if you know what that is....Supposed to be painfully bad. 2 fresh and 48 rotten on rottentomatoes doesnt sound that good. haha.
I had no idea reviews were THAT bad. I might end up seeing Duplicity because that is really the only other movie that interests me in the slightest that I can get in to.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:58 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So have you watched the BSG miniseries yet Brent? Eh? Eh? Eh?

Oh and all I have to say about Fanboys is ....

Tasty.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
i really like primer, AQ told me about this movie quite some time ago, it really needs multiple viewings.
I watched it and loved it.

Old 03-20-2009, 03:24 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got back from seeing The Last House on the Left. Pretty good movie. One of the better horror films I have seen in a long while.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, Primer is a weird movie. Sort of awesome, but also sort of indecipherable.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Hitman D
Rookie

Hitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
It looks like Fanboys is coming out April 3rd now. Even with all of the delays and my interest in the movie going way down I will still be checking it out in theaters.

I am going to be catching a 7 PM showing of I Love You, Man and then I think I will sneak into another movie while there. I am thinking Miss March because it will be free and nothings else really looks appealing. I figure if Miss March is terrible I can just walk out anyways but hopefully it is good for a few laughs.
Fanboys was pretty good. I had no idea Kristen Bell was in it until someone pointed it out to me heh. As for Miss March, it wasn't too bad.

Hitman D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going to see "I Love You Man" tonight.

Rudd & Segel - should be good!

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Going to see "I Love You Man" tonight.

Rudd & Segel - should be good!
I don't think that crew can make a bad comedy, movie looks hilarious and Rashida Jones is hot.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to see Knowing tonight.

meh.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Who remembers this one? I think I might watch it.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

Who remembers this one? I think I might watch it.
Sure your still not drunk?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

I just got back from I Love You, Man. I thought it was tremendous. So far I would say it is my favorite of the year.