Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-20-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Another movie that is getting killed by critics as expected, is Knowing. I know I'll eventually see it when it comes out on DVD but, I wasnt expecting much. Atleast some of the FX look pretty decent.

Extended clips below...

Plane Crash
http://www.traileraddict.com/clip/knowing/air-crash

Subway scene
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNFsfo-QuYI

Oh the acting, though. ughhhh. lol.

Save us Nic Cage...you're the only one who could do so. :D
You know, I can buy him as a treasure hunter or convict or almost anything but mathematician is not one of them. :p

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I just got back from I Love You, Man. I thought it was tremendous. So far I would say it is my favorite of the year.
Thats good to hear. I have been wanting to watch it as soon as I saw that it had Rudd and Segal. I have been a bit wary, but I think I'll watch it over spring break.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just got back from I Love You, Man. I thought it was tremendous. So far I would say it is my favorite of the year.
But you trashed The Goonies.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
But you trashed The Goonies.
Respect lost forever.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Respect lost forever.
Thirdsies on this...The Goonies>>>>>>>>>>>>Gonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Goonies ******* blows. I dare any of you to actually watch it again and be the slightest bit critical. No wonder the majority of people are dumb as ****, they had to grow up and watch horse **** movies like The Goonies. I used to love the movie and now I am ashamed of myself.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Goonies ******* blows. I dare any of you to actually watch it again and be the slightest bit critical. No wonder the majority of people are dumb as ****, they had to grow up and watch horse **** movies like The Goonies. I used to love the movie and now I am ashamed of myself.
I watched it a few weeks ago and it's like Citizen Kane but with Sloth.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-20-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IDK.

The Goonies reminded me of Fight Club with the artistic direction of Wall-E.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The goonies is an american classic..anybody dissing the goonies is not AMERICAN!!!
Old 03-20-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I watched it a few weeks ago and it's like Citizen Kane but with Sloth.
You make me sad. Besides nostalgia (and Sloth) I found the movie had no redeeming qualities. I did not laugh, I was not interested in what was going on, and really I was just bored. I have been revisiting movies I have not seen since I was a kid and The Goonies has easily been the most disappointing one. I honestly do not know how you can like that pile of dog ****.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I go back and watch movies that I loved from my childhood with a critical eye, than 3 Ninjas and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles would be ****** movies. And I'm not having that.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
If I go back and watch movies that I loved from my childhood with a critical eye, than 3 Ninjas and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles would be ****** movies. And I'm not having that.
Not true. I am not saying I was holding up Goonies to a gold standard. I was just expecting a half decent movie. Most childhood movies I watch again I can still enjoy. If The Goonies had been even a decent movie in my mind that would have been fine I would have come on here and said it is still good. I held up the movie to the same standards I have held movies like The Mighty Ducks and Stand By Me, two classics from my childhood that I enjoyed upon seeing again, and The Goonies failed ******* miserably. I hated almost every second of the movie and it was an utter disappointment.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Well that's because 3 Ninjas sucks ass.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-20-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well that's just nonsense. It defined a generation of suburban ninjas.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well that's just nonsense. It defined a generation of suburban ninjas.
I was about to argue that TMNT did, but you're right, those turtles were in the hood.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:36 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This thread is going to make me lose it.

How dare you? How dare you all!?

I'm need to play some 3 Ninjas for SNES to cool myself.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This thread is going to make me lose it.

How dare you? How dare you all!?

I'm need to play some 3 Ninjas for SNES to cool myself.
Turtles in Time > 3 Ninjas
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

>>>>>>>>>>>>all

END OF DISCUSSION
Old 03-20-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
*sigh* If only I had my Turtles...

I feel like watching Suburban Commando.

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 03-20-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Turtles in Time is ******* amazing.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-20-2009, 07:44 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You make me sad. Besides nostalgia (and Sloth) I found the movie had no redeeming qualities. I did not laugh, I was not interested in what was going on, and really I was just bored. I have been revisiting movies I have not seen since I was a kid and The Goonies has easily been the most disappointing one. I honestly do not know how you can like that pile of dog ****.
there is a REALLY obvious reason for that...ITS BECAUSE ITS MEANT FOR KIDS! I cant go back and watch The Lion King and be like, this **** is pimp...no, its supposed to be enjoyed by kids, not angry film elitists like yourself...The Goonies accomplishes what it is meant to do, I highly doubt that when the people responsible for creating the Goonies were making it, they said to themselves "****, I hope angry late teen film major elitists enjoy our film..." I dont think it worked that way :D
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
*sigh* If only...

I feel like watching Suburban Commando.
Suburban Commando is the only film from my childhood that tops the greatness of the first 2 ninja turtles movies...oh and the original cartoon transformers...but yes, Hulk Hogan=win

WAIT! I forgot the Greatest of all...Short Circuit. <3 Johnny 5
Quote:
Old 03-20-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I cant go back and watch The Lion King and be like, this **** is pimp...no, its supposed to be enjoyed by kids, not angry film elitists like yourself...
The Lion King is an extremely well made film and is definitely for both kids and adults so I completely disagree with this. And The Goonies has little bits of moments for people of all ages so I don't really like the point you're reaching.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-20-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
there is a REALLY obvious reason for that...ITS BECAUSE ITS MEANT FOR KIDS! I cant go back and watch The Lion King and be like, this **** is pimp...no, its supposed to be enjoyed by kids, not angry film elitists like yourself...The Goonies accomplishes what it is meant to do, I highly doubt that when the people responsible for creating the Goonies were making it, they said to themselves "****, I hope angry late teen film major elitists enjoy our film..." I dont think it worked that way :D
And I have already said that it is a dumb ******* movie even for kids. I hated the movie because it is garbage and I stated my opinion. I am sorry I am not supporting the continuing dumbing down of the world but liking piece of **** movies like The Goonies. I have already said that I have watched many movies I loved as a child recently and most of them I liked because they are good kids movies. I did not think The Goonies was. Instead of attacking me next time about an opinion I have about a movie I doubt you have seen in a long time maybe you can watch it for yourself.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

The first All dogs go to heaven movie was dope. I can watch it now and be like "This **** is dope".