Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-22-2009, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw "I Love You Man" last night.

Pretty good but a little more chick-flicky than I expected.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
So i just finished part one of The Root of All Evil and it was brilliant. The subject just really angers me and it does the same to Dawkins it seems but I think he coldness works because of the subject matter. It was great to see him pose some tough questions to the ultra religious and in was pretty great watching their responses. I would definitely recommend the movie.
I had to look up the date on this thing (you peaked my curiousity in this enough to watch it) and it was made in 2006 just before Ted Haggard, the evangelical minister he argues with, was arrested for hilarious reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Most people come up to me and say watch Religulous, and my immediate response is to tell them to watch The God Delusion instead
Religulous is less documentary than Root of All Evil but both are enjoyable.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I had to look up the date on this thing (you peaked my curiousity in this enough to watch it) and it was made in 2006 just before Ted Haggard, the evangelical minister he argues with, was arrested for hilarious reasons.

Religulous is less documentary than Root of All Evil but both are enjoyable.
It really was amazing watching Haggard be such a douche. I don't really understand how all of his devote followers did not question what he preached after finding out he loved the ****. The fact they sent him counseling to try and combat his gayness is just so ridiculous. I also found the former jewish dude who become Islamic really funny, especially when he went on about how Islam will one day take over the world and he started to get pissed at Dawkins for making his woman put on snaky clothes like Dawkins controls the world or something.

I really enjoyed Religulous as well. I think it was robbed out of an Oscar nom probably because the whole religious right would have freaked out if it was nominated and without seeing it I am sure they would have protested. Anyways, both are great docs that I recommend.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The S. Darko trailer is out...wow, that looks awful.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I am just going to pretend the movie does not even exist. What a horrible idea that movie is.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really enjoyed Religulous as well. I think it was robbed out of an Oscar nom probably because the whole religious right would have freaked out if it was nominated and without seeing it I am sure they would have protested. Anyways, both are great docs that I recommend.
Didn't stop them from nominating Milk though.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It really was amazing watching Haggard be such a douche. I don't really understand how all of his devote followers did not question what he preached after finding out he loved the ****. The fact they sent him counseling to try and combat his gayness is just so ridiculous. I also found the former jewish dude who become Islamic really funny, especially when he went on about how Islam will one day take over the world and he started to get pissed at Dawkins for making his woman put on snaky clothes like Dawkins controls the world or something.

I had mixed feelings about Religulous. As someone who has never been religious and have had bad experiences with religion in the past, i was surprised that i did not love this film. Maher did not show how religion, which he called a mental illness, is so detrimental to society when it comes to the non-extremists/fundamentalists. He was very arrogant in the movie and came off as quite elitist and pompous which i did not respond well to

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Didn't stop them from nominating Milk though.
I think an outright attack on Religion is different than a movie about *** people although I am sure there were a large number of people who were upset Milk got the nom and some wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
I had mixed feelings about Religulous. As someone who has never been religious and have had bad experiences with religion in the past, i was surprised that i did not love this film. Maher did not show how religion, which he called a mental illness, is so detrimental to society when it comes to the non-extremists/fundamentalists. He was very arrogant in the movie and came off as quite elitist and pompous which i did not respond well to
I can see what you mean but I think his arrogance was warranted. It can be very frustrating talking to the religious and I am sure much of his arrogance was because of that. I am not going to get into a Religious debate but I shared his views on Religion in the movie and if I were in his situation I would have done the same. I have no problem with people having faith and keeping it to themselves but if someone came up to you and said you are going to hell if you do not believe in the almighty cloud go and that same group was responsible for many ridiculous policies in your country you would be upset to.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I recommend it to everyone I know who has any interest in Religion whatsoever. Most people come up to me and say watch Religulous, and my immediate response is to tell them to watch The God Delusion instead. I also despise organized religion and I think that The Root of All Evil is a great showcase of what is wrong with it.
But the God Delusion was such a stupid book...
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know I'll probably end up watching the trailer.. but I don't want to.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I know I'll probably end up watching the trailer.. but I don't want to.
Don't do it. I can guarantee it will just infuriate you.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think an outright attack on Religion is different than a movie about *** people although I am sure there were a large number of people who were upset Milk got the nom and some wins.
Well that would be why Crash won in 2005 and why I'll never get over that.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Well that would be why Crash won in 2005 and why I'll never get over that.
That really pissed me off as well. I mean it was a weak movie year but still, I thought Crash was mediocre at best.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
All I ask with it is why? WHY? WHYYYY????????

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
All I ask with it is why? WHY? WHYYYY????????
I think some studio head thought it would make money. It won't. I think every Donnie Darko fan is pissed the movie was even made.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can't be much worse than Donnie Darko.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-22-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That really pissed me off as well. I mean it was a weak movie year but still, I thought Crash was mediocre at best.
i completely agree. I was so disappointed. It had a great message but the message was forced- they were so preachy it was unbearable. Instead of being subtle and discreet or realistic, they were so blatant about it. Brokeback Mountain was a much better film. That year was a weak year for movies i gotta say. Capote had great acting but i was not in love with the script and i did not see Good Night Good Luck

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can't be much worse than Donnie Darko.
You didn't like Donnie Darko?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
You didn't like Donnie Darko?
I did indeed not like Donnie Darko.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-22-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I did indeed not like Donnie Darko.
That is a shame. What didn't you like about it?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched this last night:

Great movie.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
Just watched this last night:

Great movie.
Yeah, it was a pleasant surprised when I first saw it. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. Good flick.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I saw "I Love You Man" last night.

Pretty good but a little more chick-flicky than I expected.
I thought it was hysterical, but ya it was more chick-flicky than I had expected going in.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:58 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really enjoyed it, until the ending. Left a bitter taste in my mouth.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
That is a shame. What didn't you like about it?
Just Richard Kelly's annoying attempt to be like David Lynch. Although I didn't really think it was that bad, I was just making a joke in my first post about it. Southland Tales on the other hand...

RIP TheManInBlack