Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-31-2009, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Loved the movie and Cronenberg (yay Canada), but Eastern doesn't call for a sequel
Depends on how much Viggo wang is in the sequel.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Depends on how much Viggo wang is in the sequel.
Maybe it'll be called "Viggo Wang Promises"
Old 04-01-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Maybe it'll be called "Viggo Wang Promises"
"Viggo Wang Delivers" would probably bring more profit.

Anything new about a Metal Gear Solid movie? If it has the crazy Japanese humor/action then count me in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
You should've watched this instead.
YES! I feel like the only one who liked the original more than the remake.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:18 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
If that's the case, the world is a sad, sad place.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:47 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I just bought Choke, I heart Rockwell.
Sam Rockwell is one of the msot underappreciated actors in Hollywood. I have yet to see a bad performance from him, and I will watch anything at all that he is in. I am currently downloading Snow Angels, one of his more recent movies. Most people who know me know my love for Rockwell, and Choke was pure awesomeness.

I saw I love you Man tonight, and while it was good, and has some great laugh out loud moments, but overall it just felt...awkward to me. Some moments really had me wondering, although it did have some really funny parts like I said. I really do not see why people find Jason Segal funny. He annoys me more then I laugh at him.

Also, watched The Mist tonight cause the lady friend wanted something scary. I had her convinced it was aliens called The Mist People who had come to abduct the kid. Pretty funny when she got to the end ahaha. But yeah, great movie. Amazing acting. And I want to ***** slap that woman in the supermarket throughout the whole film.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nobody likes the remake more than the original.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-01-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eastern Promises part 2? I like.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Nobody likes the remake more than the original.
Tell that to the jackasses who like I am Legend. A remake of a remake... makes me sick.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This trailer should be hitting the internetz soon.

Quote:
I just left Sony's big presentation at ShoWest in Las Vegas and in addition to a few teasers of their summer line-up, they debuted the first ever footage from Peter Jackson's big summer action movie, District 9. You've probably never heard of this movie, right? We wrote a big article about it way back in July last year, after a big viral hit the halls of Comic-Con (see above). But no one knows anything about it, most people haven't heard of it, and it's a very small production with a small cast. In fact, no one even knows when its been shooting! But this footage was great, and this is one you should definitely keep your eye on!

District 9 is being directed by Neill Blomkamp, Peter Jackson's protege who was supposed to direct the Halo movie. Although this won't ever be confirmed, I'm pretty sure this is Jackson and Blomkamp's attempt to prove that he is capable of directing something like Halo. Based on Blomkamp's short film Alive In Joburg, the concept involves aliens who have landed in Johannesburg, South Africa, and are living as refugees there. It has a very Cloverfield feeling to it, and is shot like a documentary, following around the MNU (essentially, the local government-run police) who are trying to keep them contained in certain areas of the city.

The footage started out like any typical documentary on third world conditions and rufegees, with locals talking about how they don't like them. Above the city a giant alien space ship sits dormant, which is what they originally arrived on. But what are their intentions? Well, in one scene where we finally see the aliens as the MNU police attempt to tell them they must leave their shanty home, they find some sort of odd device. It's not a weapon, which is what they're usually all about. But in looking at it, it explodes and some liquid flies into the face of the man holding it. He's taken to a hospital and things begin to go crazy.

The aliens, which we got a few glimpses of, reminded me a lot of the turians from Mass Effect (see here). They were much taller than most humans and came in different sizes and colors. We saw some actions scenes with explosions and the MNU police attacking the aliens, but all in small scale (a lot like Cloverfield). And that liquid that sprayed into that guy's face - it turns out that it starts converting him into one of the aliens. The rest of the trailer plays out with scenes of him going crazy and bleeding black liquid and being strapped down to a hospital bed while he starts to mutate. And that's really all we were shown so far.

We've been hearing some rumblings about this, but it's such a quiet production, and nobody really knows anything about it. I'm saying keep your eye on this, because it looks great. It's a bit rough, being set in South Africa, but word is that Neill Blomkamp has made something awesome. And this is a far departure from any other sci-fi or alien movies we've seen recently, which I'm all for. I love fresh new ideas, and it looks like it's not only very realistic, addressing the question of what if aliens really did land in South Africa, but also quite intense with the concern that they may be trying to turn humans into aliens as well. Stay tuned!

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 04-01-2009 at 03:20 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching Man on Wire tonight... anyone seen it? You like?
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
Watching Man on Wire tonight... anyone seen it? You like?
I saw it and thought it was entertaining, though the 'man' is kind of a douchebag and gets pretty annoying IMO an hour in.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Know what I think is a pretty underrated movie, that I saw yesterday? The Lazarus Project starring Paul Walker (meh) and Piper Perabo. It's your basic pyschological thriller but, I actually think it was fairly decent. It reminded me of the Jacket in a way. It's pretty under the radar, rottentomatoes only has like two reviews on it. But yeah, I didnt think it was too bad.

As for the other movie I watched yesterday, Choke, I liked it. Could have been cleaned up a bit at parts but, I did like it and Rockwell did a fine job as usual. I normally find Bijou Phillips to be pretty gross because of the roles she normally takes on but, she was looking good as a milk maid. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 04-01-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Tell that to the jackasses who like I am Legend. A remake of a remake... makes me sick.
Well I Am Legend is a much different case since it's based off of a book rather than the original movies, which weren't all that great anyway.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 04-01-2009, 06:46 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally got around to seeing Milk last night. As everyone has been telling me, Sean Penn was brilliant in the movie.

Anyone ever seen Mister Foe? I enjoyed it.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been told that 3:10 to Yuma is far better than the original. I didn't actually watch it, but can anyone confirm that?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I never saw the original but, I really liked the re-make. A movie that I actually like Ben Foster in. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-01-2009, 10:38 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cannot wait for Where the Wild Things Are. That might be the best trailer I've seen in a long time.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

A follow up to my District 9 post...it's pretty much the new Cloverfield with the viral marketing. I'm not really checking in on it, though...like I was with Cloverfield. I'm very interested to see this trailer, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-02-2009, 01:16 AM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the wolverine movie actually leaked a month early....Damn Shame

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:28 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post

A follow up to my District 9 post...it's pretty much the new Cloverfield with the viral marketing. I'm not really checking in on it, though...like I was with Cloverfield. I'm very interested to see this trailer, though.
What's with this district 9? I went to the imdb page and their wasn't hardly anything on it.

Nevermind, I saw your other post.

Last edited by CashmoneyDrew : 04-02-2009 at 01:32 AM.
CashmoneyDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:31 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy843 View Post
So the wolverine movie actually leaked a month early....Damn Shame
Already have it, planning on watching it sometime this weekend...Apparently, from what I read, the effects are unfinished, so clearly its a copy from someone in effects/editing...still sucks a ******** for the company that it leaked early, but Im happy that I get to see it for free and dont have to wait a few months for an R5 or DVDrip...I dont expect much from it though.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:34 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
I cannot wait for Where the Wild Things Are. That might be the best trailer I've seen in a long time.
I stil cant believe that the original trailer debuted before Jim Carrey's How the Grinch Stole Christmas movie...that was so ******* long ago...damn studios
Quote:
Old 04-02-2009, 01:34 AM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah the CG is not finished on it......In other news your sig is greatness

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:35 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
What's with this district 9? I went to the imdb page and their wasn't hardly anything on it.
Yeah there isnt much of anything there, surprisingly.

All the newest info is surfacing now because, of the trailer being shown at ShoWest. All I know about it is from the little articles below and that it is set to release on Aug. 14. So, that trailer should be made public fairly shortly.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/showestnews.php?id=54140

http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/04/...r-eye-on-this/

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/ShoWe...ery-12594.html

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/04/sony-reel.html

I've heard several refer to it as a Cloverfield, Alien, and 28 days later mash up, including that guy in the last link. Sounds real interesting, imo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS