Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-04-2009, 07:04 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
The Trek looks amazing. I expect great things.
It is a perfect 100% on Rottentomatoes right now. I expect great things as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Sorry.. but "Well Wolverine" sounds like an amazing concept for a movie.
I have the screenplay ready.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Wolverine

Compared to Him, His Enemies Don't Hold Water

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
It is a perfect 100% on Rottentomatoes right now. I expect great things as well.
It should be good except Spock seems to be a little emotional. In a trailer he attacks Kirk while enraged. Also, Chekov doesn't have curly hair and didn't come until later. That is just nitpicking I suppose (except for the Spock issue).

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
It should be good except Spock seems to be a little emotional. In a trailer he attacks Kirk while enraged. Also, Chekov doesn't have curly hair and didn't come until later. That is just nitpicking I suppose (except for the Spock issue).
I read that Abrams made the decision that Spock would be more emotional. I hope it works out.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:20 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I read that Abrams made the decision that Spock would be more emotional. I hope it works out.
I can see it I suppose since he is younger.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:28 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a trekie at all so those things don't matter to me. I can kind of tell that this movie appeals more to the masses more so than the previous ones and the die hard fans might be a little put off by this version. That's my opinion at least. I know absolutely zilch about star trek.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:08 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just watched point break, awesomeness

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk View Post
just watched point break, awesomeness
"You crossed the line. People trusted you and they died. You gotta' go down!"

Ugh. haha.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Over/Under 10 "Top Critics" that mention 'warp speed' when reviewing Star Trek?

Such as...

Quote:
Paced at warp speed...
Quote:
Blasting onto the screen at warp speed...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched Unbreakable for the 1st time in a long while yesterday. I think this is only my 2nd viewing since it came out and my opinion hasnt changed. That movie could have been really good in someone else's hands. Love the premise but, there is no real payoff in Willis' "evolution". And when it's somber and quiet...it's too much so, it's like you're watching a carbon copy of the sixth sense at times. Love the idea, dont like the execution at all.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:24 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched Charlie Bartlett...a little on the strange side but, I liked it for the most part. Could have been better, but it wasn't bad.

As for something else...Star Trek now a perfect 24 for 24 fresh on rottentomatoes. That's pretty impressive.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-05-2009, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"You know how much Shaq makes now?"
"As much as he made in college?"

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:11 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heard of the Last Dragon being re-made.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched X-Men Origins and thought the ending was absolute trash. Contrived, rushed, ******** and sappy. Other than that, it was a pretty solid movie (Was great for the first hour). Loved the start of the movie.

7/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Heard of the Last Dragon being re-made.

No way it lives up to the original.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally got around to watching The Wrestler and it was actually even better than I thought it was going to be and I had pretty high expectations. It has grown on me exponentially since I saw it earlier. Really a fantastic film.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:11 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

posted this in the other thread...thought id share

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Thought I would share...the Deadpool movie has been greenlit with Reynolds officially attached to star...links

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/05/05...rine-spin-off/

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=8308
EDIT: Also important to mention, Marvel is producing so MAYBE, just maybe, Fox wont butcher the character anymore. That, combined with Reynolds being a huge fan of the source material, has me very optimistic as to what this movie could be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Star Trek comes out tomorrow...another update, 46 fresh and only 1 rotten.

The reviews are fantastic, I have no idea who I'll see it with but, I think I'll have to find a way to get out and see it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-06-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I have no idea who I'll see it with but, I think I'll have to find a way to get out and see it.
You can't go alone?

Old 05-06-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Who goes to the movies alone?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-06-2009, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Star Trek comes out tomorrow...another update, 46 fresh and only 1 rotten.

The reviews are fantastic, I have no idea who I'll see it with but, I think I'll have to find a way to get out and see it.
There was an article on /film where old school trekies were bashing it for being to "fun and watchable". :|
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Who goes to the movies alone?
I see people doing that all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
There was an article on /film where old school trekies were bashing it for being to "fun and watchable". :|
Because they, themselves, are not.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

lol. Def. not your daddy's cornball version of Star Trek. Seriously, I find the older ones to be incredibly bad and unwatchable. My dad is a big fan and always tries to get me to watch but, they're just awful.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-06-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I see people doing that all the time.
Nothing screams, "I have no friends!", like going to the movie theatre alone. lol. The friends part isnt the problem for me but, actually finding one that wants to willingly see Star Trek, now that's the difficult part. I could always go with my dad. haha. He always talks during movies, though. Last movie I saw with him, another one of his old favorites, Rocky Balboa.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS