Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-10-2009, 02:06 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

I watched this. It was just okay.
She's a favourite of mine

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:07 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont find her that attractive but she was good in that movie.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:46 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched Lord of War tonight with Nick Cage, and after a slow start, I found it to be an entertaining examination of morality in its many forms, especially the difference between what is illegal and what is immoral. I liked it alot. Not Cage's best performance by a long shot, but he was solid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:16 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Watched Lord of War tonight with Nick Cage, and after a slow start, I found it to be an entertaining examination of morality in its many forms, especially the difference between what is illegal and what is immoral. I liked it alot. Not Cage's best performance by a long shot, but he was solid.
had you not seen it before? I thought it was great...

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:24 AM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched Children of Men today and I can officially say that I would move to Maine, Iowa, Massachusetts, maybe even Canada to be with Clive Owen.

BTW have you guys heard the rumors about the adaptation of The Odyssey. Anything with Greek Mythology sign me up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:30 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
had you not seen it before? I thought it was great...
I had not. I have been steering clear of newer Nick Cage movies as to not ruin my very high opinion of him. I enjoyed it though. That and The Weather Man are his only more recent films I really enjoy. That, and Matchstick Men, which isnt really newer but is one of my faves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:40 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.........Absolutely loved it. I've been wanting to see it ever since I saw the preview but just never got around to it. I wasn't Disappointed. :)
Old 05-11-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
She's a favourite of mine
Did you like her in I Wanna Bang Your Sister?
Old 05-11-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So major star trek fans are Trekkers, not Trekkies? Trekkie has a much better ring to it...even if it means you're a star trek nerd. Still sounds better.

I havent seen it yet but, I have a few buddies coming home on Thursday so, we may check it out.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
So major star trek fans are Trekkers, not Trekkies? Trekkie has a much better ring to it...even if it means you're a star trek nerd. Still sounds better.

I havent seen it yet but, I have a few buddies coming home on Thursday so, we may check it out.
No they are known as Trekkies. On my way home from school today I saw a license plate that said "CptnKirk". When I passed him I gave him the Vulcan salute.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question to Trekkies....or trekkers?!
I have never seen a full episode of any Star Trek ever... I know the basic stuff about it but really nothing too substantial.
Would I still enjoy the movie?

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
No they are known as Trekkies. On my way home from school today I saw a license plate that said "CptnKirk". When I passed him I gave him the Vulcan salute.
lol. Are you sure? I keep hearing Trekkers now. Sounds terrible.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-11-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
I have never seen a full episode of any Star Trek ever... I know the basic stuff about it but really nothing too substantial.
For sure you would. This movie is more geared to the casual movie goer, rather than the die hard star trek fan. Granted the goal was to appease both and they have done that, it would seem.

As for the old star trek movies...I thought they were horrible from the parts I saw but, this looks good.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-11-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, I am in the same boat basically and I enjoyed the movie immensely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
lol. Are you sure? I keep hearing Trekkers now. Sounds terrible.
And yes, it definitely is trekkies.

Trekkers might be the new school people, but the Shatner fans are Trekkies.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You would still enjoy the movie. They introduce the characters pretty well and actually changed some of the Star Trek canon. There's nothing you need to know really

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

saw Fanboys and loved it, loved all the cameos

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hardly a see-movies-at-the-theatre guy, but I think Terminator Salvation will be this year's exception. It looks damn good, I'm excited about it.

Granted it's strayed from the unstoppable chase formula, but that's just what the series needed because T1 and T2 weren't going to be topped anyways.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The trailers certainly make it look badass. McG is scary but, you never know. The Charlie's Angels movies, save Sam Rockwell are complete garbage. Granted the scripts were garbage but, it's still a scary thought that he was the man filming those movies. He should have had a lot more to work with here. Even though it's McG, I'm thinking it's going to be a huge success. Not just in terms of money, that is a given but, I think it will actually be good.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-11-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You will all see. I think Terminator will suck. I hope I am proven wrong but Bale being miserable on set is just another indicator.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk View Post
saw Fanboys and loved it, loved all the cameos
Yeah, they are pretty awesome. Seth Rogen really is in every movie being made, and in this case twice.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope Terminator: Salvation ends up being good as well. I'm really scared about the whole McG situation.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:54 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just saw Chopper with Eric Bana i must say i really like Andrew Dominik as a director, i know he has only made two movies but hey were both great in depiticting the main character in the movie (Reed & James), Eric Bana was great in the role of Mark Brandon Read an Aussie criminal. defenitly a must watch is you like badass crimnal movies.

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:06 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
Did you like her in I Wanna Bang Your Sister?
I mean, she wasn't Oscar worthy or anything, but it did the trick

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:58 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
You will all see. I think Terminator will suck. I hope I am proven wrong but Bale being miserable on set is just another indicator.
Bale had a lot of personal/family problems lately in the UK, hope he's gotten past those by now.

I think he's undergoing the rites of passage as he's elevated to the apex of the A-List & the top shelf of actors, the new Batman role in multiple pictures solidified him & as the new John Connor he's going to blow audiences away IMO. I think it was the Patrick Bateman role in American Psycho that did it a few yrs. ago, but like Swayze as Dalton said in Roadhouse, "Opinions vary..."

He's done questionable dystopic futuristic sci-fi films before, he's pulled them out of loserdom with the sheer strength of his performances, if you've ever seen Reign of Fire you know exactly what I'm talking about. For a former child actor his star is definitely rising.

This is just me, but I'm mega-psyched for a Terminator film that details the war between humans & machines that's believable (unlike I, Robot) & doesn't have the goddamn Governator in it. Based on the previews I'll be among the 1st in line when it opens later this month on the Left Coast.

Going to Star Trek this afternoon in a suburban bowling alleylike theater, I'm psyched!! Per the Trekkies vs. Trekkers raging controversy, I can offer this: I was p/o a group of English students in college way, way back in the late 70s who formed the University Sci-Fi Club, the English Lit. types debated the science majors on various topics, had speakers & presentations, etc. But the term Trekkies was disallowed even for our members who dressed up as Enterprise crew members or Klingons for the Halloween night bash, too deroggatory & insulting. It's been a derisive term ever since way back then, call them Star Trek TOS (The Original Series) fans instead.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:28 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Going to Star Trek this afternoon in a suburban bowling alleylike theater, I'm psyched!! Per the Trekkies vs. Trekkers raging controversy, I can offer this: I was p/o a group of English students in college way, way back in the late 70s who formed the University Sci-Fi Club, the English Lit. types debated the science majors on various topics, had speakers & presentations, etc. But the term Trekkies was disallowed even for our members who dressed up as Enterprise crew members or Klingons for the Halloween night bash, too deroggatory & insulting. It's been a derisive term ever since way back then, call them Star Trek TOS (The Original Series) fans instead.
If a Star Trek fan is ashamed or insulted by being called a Trekkie then they aren't a Trekkie. Also, no other series was out yet if it was in the late 70s. Calling Next Generation fans (KIRK > PICARD) just Star Trek TOS fans would be insulting to them :P

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 05-12-2009 at 11:30 AM.