Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-24-2009, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
You just got even cooler to me.
Empire is my favorite with A New Hope coming in second. Jedi is good but episodes I-III are blah.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Empire is my favorite with A New Hope coming in second. Jedi is good but episodes I-III are blah.
I agree with you in the order. Empire's my favorite movie of all time but I think the best scene of the trilogy (and one of my favorite scenes ever) is the second duel of the death star in ROTJ. Ewoks still suck though.

Also, The Beach is an incredibly underrated movie.

RIP TheManInBlack

Last edited by Brodeur : 05-24-2009 at 11:51 PM.
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 01:03 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Country for Old Men is just now starting on Encore. I haven't watched this since I saw it in theatres. Hooray!

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:33 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I agree with you in the order. Empire's my favorite movie of all time but I think the best scene of the trilogy (and one of my favorite scenes ever) is the second duel of the death star in ROTJ. Ewoks still suck though.

The only good part about I-III is the scene where Obi-Won wrecks Anakin. I find it funny that the only people who didnt suck it up in I-III were Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor.

And, yes, The Beach is a really good movie.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:41 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
It wasn't just the script. Some of the acting was bad. Christian Bale was absolutely terrible. When he shouted "WHAT ARE YOU?" I started cracking up out loud. I didn't "connect" with any of the characters. The action was boring except at the end.
****SPOILER ALERT**** don't proceed further if you haven't seen T4 yet.....I saw it Friday & agree to the extent that the script & action in this "Summer action blockbuster" ran out of gas about halfway thru the film.

I wanted to the see the full scope of the post-apocalyptic war between the killer bots & human survivors since the 1st Terminator in 1985 with that scene of that future war in John Connor's dream, & this delivered on that desired formula, really liked the New Mexico setting too with the battle on that high bridge (BTW did anyone else notice that's the same NM bridge where Oliver Stone had Harrelson as Mickey Knox give his epiphany speech in Natural Born Killers?), but when the setting shifted to a new SF wit he bot factory the disappointments came fast & furious for me..... I realize I have to suspend disbelief to enjoy sci-fi or any fictional story, but when the CG effects take over the storyline for obvious showoff big screen eye candy appeal & I have problems there. That alone has killed a lot of CG films, see the Clone Attack Star Wars (just awful) & Van Helsing (even worse) & you know exactly what I mean.

No real problem with Bale's performance, he brings veritas to every role but the script as noted here just petered out & it ceased to be his story, the focus on the droid character changed everything for me. I seemed like a film that spent all its budget to put it all on the screen as the saying goes, & that may be enough for a summer actioner. I say it rates 2 stars: **

Quote:
The only good part about I-III is the scene where Obi-Won wrecks Anakin. I find it funny that the only people who didnt suck it up in I-III were Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor.

And, yes, The Beach is a really good movie.
The only Star Wars film worthy of 4+ stars was Empire b/c Lucas was busy doing American Graffiti & got his former Film School prof & old Hollywood pro Irvin Kershner to direct, Harrison Ford was justified in dissing RotJ as Teddy Bears On Parade b/c that ending just plain sucked balls.

DiCaprio can either make a film or break one, as he did breaking The Aviator b/c he was terribly miscast as Howard Hughes or the disappointing Body of Lies. But he nailed it in Blood Diamond, The Departed, & the Beach, & Tilda Swinton gave her standard superlative performance too, The Beach is very underrated & I say rent it ASAP. If you're a DiCaprio freak & still want more, Gangs of NY is a far better film with him directed by Scorsese also than Aviator.

Last edited by LizardState : 05-25-2009 at 05:11 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:52 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which did you like better, Return of the Jedi, or Empire Strikes Back?
Empire.
Blasphemy.
'Empire' had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All 'Jedi' had was a bunch of Muppets.

/end

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:17 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My personal favorite movie and Star Wars is Return of the Jedi. The beginning is just so badass when Luke strolls up into Jabba's palace.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:51 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Lucas missed out on making an epic, multi-generational war themed trilogy when he decided to put the emphasis on Padme and Anakin's relationship. The scene in ANH when Ben tells Luke "Obi-wan Kenobi. I haven't heard that name since,oh, before you were born." held a certain mystic to it. The trilogies really didn't deliver IMO.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:03 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched Sunshine Cleaning last night. It was a disappointment. I thought it would be more comedic and the drama wasn't very touching to me. I mean it may be because I am male and it deals with a mother-daughter dynamic that I thought it was lacking.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
The only Star Wars film worthy of 4+ stars was Empire b/c Lucas was busy doing American Graffiti & got his former Film School prof & old Hollywood pro Irvin Kershner to direct, Harrison Ford was justified in dissing RotJ as Teddy Bears On Parade b/c that ending just plain sucked balls.
How was he busy doing American Graffiti? Wasn't that like 4 years before the first movie?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:15 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ewoks were a result of Lucas' original desire to have Wookies in the third act. As it turned out, the Wookie idea turned into something else, but Lucas never let that idea go. I agree it could have been done much better. Not that the idea was bad, but it wasn't to the level of normal Lucas quality regarding certain film aspects. I mean, you could see the zippers in the Ewok suits in some scenes.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Empire Strikes back" is, without a doubt, the best Star Wars movie.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I saw ANH with my Dad when it first came out. I don't remember much about the movie. I do remember holding my Dad's hand as we walked up into this, what seemed like, a huge theater with the red colored carpet and velvet rope.
ANH will always hold a special place in my heart.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I saw ANH with my Dad when it first came out. I don't remember much about the movie. I do remember holding my Dad's hand as we walked up into this, what seemed like, a huge theater with the red colored carpet and velvet rope.
ANH will always hold a special place in my heart.
God you're old.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:00 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
God you're old.
I prefer the phrase "Wealthy in terms of life experience".

Old 05-25-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Just watched Sunshine Cleaning last night. It was a disappointment. I thought it would be more comedic and the drama wasn't very touching to me. I mean it may be because I am male and it deals with a mother-daughter dynamic that I thought it was lacking.
The movie had it's charm, but I was underwhelmed. I really liked the cast, too, but I can agree that it just wasn't what I had hoped for. I thought it would be better, and I think it could've been better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
No Country for Old Men is just now starting on Encore. I haven't watched this since I saw it in theatres. Hooray!
Thanks for this, I ended up catching it. I've seen it more times, I own it, but it had been a bit of a while and it's one of my favorite movies.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WMD Fun Fact: I have never watched any Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Indiana Jones, or Die Hard movies.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kudos to you WMD...cept for the Die Hard movies..watch em...the latest one was very over the top though rest were great..especially 2.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
WMD Fun Fact: I have never watched any Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Indiana Jones, or Die Hard movies.
...what are you doing with your life?

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I find it, extremely, extremely strange that I woke up and choose to watch the beach for the first time o cinemax today, and I come on here and ppl are talking about it. I swear I'm Jim Carry in the Truman show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
never seen a Indiana Jones movie, hardly remember any Star Wars Movies. LotR was not my type of movie, but the first 2 die hards where awesome

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You didn't miss much with Star Wars, except maybe Empire, Lucas & Speilberg cutsied them up too much with those muppets & teddy bears. SW 3 with Ewan MacGregor & Liam Neeson was good for the Tatooine & arena sequences, & the ones with JarJar Binx & the Sith were borderline unwatchable. Vader was of course better as the Freudian Dark Father in this Jungian space opera epic, didn't like him as a teen or young Jedi. Rule of thumb with Star Wars: the older the film & the less CG, the better.

LotR s/b watched in order in a single marathon viewing session, or if that's too overwhelming go for RotK or the last 45 ins. of The 2 Towers for the armageddonlike battle sequences.

All of Indy Jones sucked except for the 1st Lost Ark & Last Crusade, they had the best 3rd Reich military hardware & best looking actresses anyway...... Temple of Doom should have gone straight to video & I think the Crystal Skulls one did

And the 1st Die Hard is one of my fave Xmas movies, really it is...... best line (Willis, over the radio): "You can call me 'Roy,' ..... Well, yippee-yi-yo, ki-Yay, m*therf*cker."

Last edited by LizardState : 05-25-2009 at 06:18 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact that there are still people in this world who have yet to see Indiana Jones makes me shudder.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha, what is your purpose in life? I felt I hadn't lived until after the Lord of the Rings trilogy..

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
You didn't miss much with Star Wars, except maybe Empire, Lucas & Speilberg cutsied them up too much with those muppets & teddy bears. SW 3 with Ewan MacGregor & Liam Neeson was good for the Tatooine & arena sequences, & the ones with JarJar Binx & the Sith were borderline unwatchable. Vader was of course better as the Freudian Dark Father in this Jungian space opera epic, didn't like him as a teen or young Jedi. Rule of thumb with Star Wars: the older the film & the less CG, the better.

LotR s/b watched in order in a single marathon viewing session, or if that's too overwhelming go for RotK or the last 45 ins. of The 2 Towers for the armageddonlike battle sequences.

All of Indy Jones sucked except for the 1st Lost Ark & Last Crusade, they had the best 3rd Reich military hardware anyway...... Temple of Doom should have gone straight to video & I think the Crystal Skulls one did

And the 1st Die Hard is one of my fave Xmas movies, really it is...... best line (Willis, over the radio): "You can call me 'Roy,' ..... Well, yippee-yi-yo, ki-Yay, m*therf*cker."

Yeah, but if your going to take the time to watch all 3 Lord of the Rings movies in a row, it MUST be the extended versions. No excuses.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote