Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-27-2009, 07:36 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Oh agree. But the Da Vinci code story was at least entertaining and didn't have the most obvious of conclusions that even a 5 year old could figure out, like Angels and Demons. But still, I was entertained at least.

Also, what is more entertaining is to hear/see all the religious people outraged over both. Especially Angels and Demons, at least the movie, which other than the violence I don't really see the problem with.

Yeah, Dan Brown can write interesting stories but the endings always suck and are predictable. He's like a baseball team with solid starting pitching and a lousy bullpen. Dan Brown is the Cleveland Indians.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Night of the Living Dead is just now starting on Encore Action(??) don't know why it's on that channel, every time I've seen it on Encore, it's been on Encore Mystery.. which is also kinda strange.

Either way, I love Night of the Living Dead. I could watch it a million times.
Remake or original?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Remake or original?
Original.. always original.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm watching "Outbreak" right now. Great movie.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
The Terminator would be the 1984 movie that started the franchise. That is what he is referring to.
I was just too lazy to type Salvation. Was not talking about that movie, which is deeply flawed and third best of the franchise. It's a great idea and premise, but I would rather see it remade. It could be much better since the 80s just didn't have the kind of equipment to achieve it's desires.

T2 is really good and I love parts of it, but some of the acting is just so unbearable that I can't get over it. Great B-movie, but nothing more. If I want to watch a near perfect B-movie action flick, I'll take Predator over anything else.

T2 8/10

All the reviews and comments I've heard and read as to why the movie supposedly sucks are all ******** to me. No, it doesn't have the best plot of the franchise or the greatest story line I've ever heard. The ending is a little too perfect. Yeah, Christian Bale was in it. It was directed by McG. Most people dislike it for the dumbest reasons. McG sounded like a ********, but he made a really good action movie that had some really good action scenes and some great special effects. It seems like most people who disliked it went in knowing they were going to hate it no matter how good or bad it was because of the people who were involved. Sam Worthington was so good, that alone was worth the price of admission. He pretty much stole every scene. Christian Bale was good as always.

Terminator Salvation 9/10

Anyways, just finished watching Nothing But The Truth, and I was just incredibly impressed. If you're into political films it really doesn't get much better than this. If you like that along with some incredible writing (as good as it gets) and some really great acting from about five different leads, then you're going to love this movie. I was extremely impressed and the movie slowly just keeps pulling you in. The characters are all developed extremely well and you have all these people against each other and at each others throats with their lives falling apart because of this one newspaper story, and your torn between which people you're rooting for and which people you're not. By the end of the movie you find yourself with the same thought process as the main character and her conflictions (Beckinsale) are somehow realized by the view. The last minute of the film are not how I would have ended it and its kind of shocking who the source was, but not really in a good way. Other than the last minute its almost a perfect film. Matt Dillion, Alan Alda, David Schwimmer, and Vera Farmiga are all terrific. In the end it's Kate Beckinsale's movie and she's incredible in it. Easily her best performance.

9/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I called the first negative reviwer for Up correctly!
He won't be a reviewer or a living person much longer if I have my way.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:11 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terminator Salvation (T4) was full of win. Just what I expected, which is good.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The split viewed of the new Terminator movie are REALLY weird and it's not only on this board.

People either say it's terrible or great, very little gray area.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

T2 a great B MOVIE? There is so much wrong there that I don't want to start.

And I'm part of the gray area because I think T4 was pretty mediocre.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-27-2009, 10:20 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
T2 a great B MOVIE? There is so much wrong there that I don't want to start.

And I'm part of the gray area because I think T4 was pretty mediocre.
Yeah, I had to take my insults regarding that comment to IRC, seeing as they would get me banned from here. T2 is much more then a "great B-movie" its a ******* classic. And how is the first Terminator flawed? Its 100% on Rotten Tomatoes, its a staple of the sci fi genre, loved around the world, and it turned Arnold into the star he would become and guess what? Hes the governor of a state now. How much do you wanna bet thats because he was the Terminator. Remake it? You do realize that CGI doesnt make everything better and you can have too much of it right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:21 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I'm part of the gray area as well because I enjoyed it and had fun, but I didn't think it was great.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:54 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I guess I'm part of the gray area as well because I enjoyed it and had fun, but I didn't think it was great.
Yeah, it isn't going into my favorites and I won't go out and rent it to see it again (I'm not really a big Terminator fan), but I thought it was good. I don't think that it is 30% bad like rotten tomatoes said it would be.

I didn't come out of the movie feeling like I wasted my time, and I didn't look at my phone to check the time at all.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Yeah, I had to take my insults regarding that comment to IRC, seeing as they would get me banned from here. T2 is much more then a "great B-movie" its a ******* classic. And how is the first Terminator flawed? Its 100% on Rotten Tomatoes, its a staple of the sci fi genre, loved around the world, and it turned Arnold into the star he would become and guess what? Hes the governor of a state now. How much do you wanna bet thats because he was the Terminator. Remake it? You do realize that CGI doesnt make everything better and you can have too much of it right?
100% on rotten tomatoes? Oh, I didn't know that. I can just see the headlines:

"Daring and inventive filmmaking."

"A Sci-Fi classic."

"A landmark and monumental achievement that will influence everything that comes after, which in turn lessens the quality of the influenced movie since it wasn't the first to do this stuff even if it out-does the original, it still wont be as good because it wasn't the first, which means it copied."

CGI machines are better than the crap they used in 1984. The CGI in T2 during the opening war scene is really bad. The only thing I liked about it was how dark and bleak it looked. But the Stars Wars influenced laser guns they were using? WTF. They also had fire works exploding off people when they got shot. It was really weird looking. It looked like an 80s video game. Some Atari ****.

But watching that machine try to walk fast down the hall? Chasing two people while they limp two feet, then look back (get a close up on their petrified eyes as this machine slowly inches closer), then go back to the bad looking terminator try to walk, then the two people limp a couple more feet, look back again (another close up on even more petrified eyes since he's getting a lot closer), then look at the terminator walking again... it's just ridiculous since you get the feeling this thing can't catch them, but for the sake of the movie, he does.

It's only a B movie because its directed like one. The corny dialgoue. The corny close-ups and sound editing (How many cocks of unloaded gun being loaded are used in the first two? It has to be record setting). It's unnecessarily cheesy.

T2 is leaps and bounds better than the first, but T4 is the best. Not by much.
Quote:
Quote:
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Quote:
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 05-27-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are there any sequels that you think are better than the orignal?

The only two I could come up with were Empire Strikes Back and Dark Knight. Godfather 2 over Godfather 1 is too close to call and too close to call #2 decisively better.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally got around to watching Fanboys. I loved the random cameos.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post

The only two I could come up with were Empire Strikes Back and Dark Knight. Godfather 2 over Godfather 1 is too close to call and too close to call #2 decisively better.
Empire Strikes Back, Dark Knight, Godfather II, Dawn of the Dead, Evil Dead II, Superman 2, Spider-Man 2, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, The Road Warrior, The Wrath of Khan, The Good The Bad And The Ugly, Aliens, Terminator 2, Bridge of Frankenstein, The Bourne Supremacy/Ultimatum...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-27-2009, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post

D2 is better than the original Mighty Ducks lol.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
D2 is better than the original Mighty Ducks lol.
Always. My friend and I have written pages upon pages on D2

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
100% on rotten tomatoes? Oh, I didn't know that. I can just see the headlines:

"Daring and inventive filmmaking."

"A Sci-Fi classic."

"A landmark and monumental achievement that will influence everything that comes after, which in turn lessens the quality of the influenced movie since it wasn't the first to do this stuff even if it out-does the original, it still wont be as good because it wasn't the first, which means it copied."

CGI machines are better than the crap they used in 1984. The CGI in T2 during the opening war scene is really bad. The only thing I liked about it was how dark and bleak it looked. But the Stars Wars influenced laser guns they were using? WTF. They also had fire works exploding off people when they got shot. It was really weird looking. It looked like an 80s video game. Some Atari ****.

But watching that machine try to walk fast down the hall? Chasing two people while they limp two feet, then look back (get a close up on their petrified eyes as this machine slowly inches closer), then go back to the bad looking terminator try to walk, then the two people limp a couple more feet, look back again (another close up on even more petrified eyes since he's getting a lot closer), then look at the terminator walking again... it's just ridiculous since you get the feeling this thing can't catch them, but for the sake of the movie, he does.

It's only a B movie because its directed like one. The corny dialgoue. The corny close-ups and sound editing (How many cocks of unloaded gun being loaded are used in the first two? It has to be record setting). It's unnecessarily cheesy.

T2 is leaps and bounds better than the first, but T4 is the best. Not by much.

Im gunna go ahead and stick with what I said in that T2 is not a B-Movie. There may be scenes in it that seem corny and outdated now, but guess what? THEY ARE. That doesnt mean remake the film. It means when you watch it, take that into consideration, and still appreciate the film for what it is: a classic. As I said before, I havent seen the 4th Terminator film, and probably wont, but I find it very difficult to believe that after what everyone has said about it, its better then the 1st/2nd. In fact, of EVERYTHING Ive read so far, and I do read alot, you are the first person to say that it is better then either of the aforementioned. So forgive me if I use everyone else's judgement over your own. I cant critisize your saying T4 is better, because I havent seen both, but I can disagree with your criticisms of both the original. They are sci fi classics and they will forever stay that way IMO. There are some cheesy moments, yes, but thats the way it is.

Let me guess, you like the new Star Wars trilogy better then the old ones? Because the new one had ZOMGZ CGI ZOMGZ AMAZING! Shiny battles and computer generated lasers! And lets see here, you probably liked the new The Day the Earth Stood Still because it had amazing CGI and the old one was corny right?

Just because its newer doesnt make it better. Just because its CGI doesnt make it better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terminator Salvation was awesome such a great movie go see it if you have not already, i'll be the 1st to stop saying that McG is a bad director cuz that movie was ******* great

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:53 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Empire Strikes Back, Dark Knight, Godfather II, Dawn of the Dead, Evil Dead II, Superman 2, Spider-Man 2, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, The Road Warrior, The Wrath of Khan, The Good The Bad And The Ugly, Aliens, Terminator 2, Bridge of Frankenstein, The Bourne Supremacy/Ultimatum...
To be honest with you I didn't but that much thought into it. haha. Brodeur you ripped that up.

Oh, and D2 is amazing. I'm glad that its epicness is well documented on SWDC.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

Quote:

Im gunna go ahead and stick with what I said in that T2 is not a B-Movie. There may be scenes in it that seem corny and outdated now, but guess what? THEY ARE. That doesnt mean remake the film. It means when you watch it, take that into consideration, and still appreciate the film for what it is: a classic. As I said before, I havent seen the 4th Terminator film, and probably wont, but I find it very difficult to believe that after what everyone has said about it, its better then the 1st/2nd. In fact, of EVERYTHING Ive read so far, and I do read alot, you are the first person to say that it is better then either of the aforementioned. So forgive me if I use everyone else's judgement over your own. I cant critisize your saying T4 is better, because I havent seen both, but I can disagree with your criticisms of both the original. They are sci fi classics and they will forever stay that way IMO. There are some cheesy moments, yes, but thats the way it is.

Let me guess, you like the new Star Wars trilogy better then the old ones? Because the new one had ZOMGZ CGI ZOMGZ AMAZING! Shiny battles and computer generated lasers! And lets see here, you probably liked the new The Day the Earth Stood Still because it had amazing CGI and the old one was corny right?

Just because its newer doesnt make it better. Just because its CGI doesnt make it better.
I don't care enough about T2 to further this and if you aren't going to take my recommendation on seeing it, then don't. I'm not trying to get people swarming to the theaters to see it, and if anyone or everyone thinks the first and second are the best, then that's okay with me. I went with two other people. One liked it a lot more than me (kind of a nut) and said it was better than the first but not the second and my other friend thought it was good and also thought it was the best of the franchise.

I think a lot people were expecting one thing and got another. It's very different from every other Terminator. Maybe that rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. I don't know. There's a ton of action, so that alone will make critics hate it.

Star Wars... overrated and really stupid looking stuffed animals on set kind of ruined my experience. It also doesn't help that the last three (which I think take place prior to the first three) look a lot better. The last three are atrocious though. Those three movies as a whole are complete and utter garbage and they should have never been made. The third, or I guess sixth, was all right. I liked some of the moments regarding Darth Vader in that movie, but the first three were the best.

2 minute mark is some sweet ****. I gotta admit.

The oldest movies were the best. Not even close and I don't think highly of the first three. I don't now which one is which, so I can't say #2 was better than #3 or #1 better than #2.

Haven't seen either of The Day the Earth Stood Still. The second one has that Reeves ******. Not watching that garbage.

The best Sci-fi movie is Solaris (2002). I'm sure most disagree. I think I was going through some personal **** and really connected with that, maybe more than any movie I've ever seen. I like that a lot.

Not really my genre though.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by BigBanger : 05-28-2009 at 12:07 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:08 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Let me guess, you like the new Star Wars trilogy better then the old ones? Because the new one had ZOMGZ CGI ZOMGZ AMAZING! Shiny battles and computer generated lasers!

hahahahahahaha

Made me laugh and is so true. T2 was an awesome movie! I feel like watching it now...

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:26 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And Army of Darkness > Evil Dead II.

Another close call is Black Sheep over Tommy Boy. It's way too close to say which one is better, they both are amazing.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
And Army of Darkness > Evil Dead II.

Another close call is Black Sheep over Tommy Boy. It's way too close to say which one is better, they both are amazing.
Black Sheep is not a sequel to Tommy Boy. They are two completely separate movies
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote