Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-28-2009, 01:28 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Black Sheep is not a sequel to Tommy Boy. They are two completely separate movies
I know.

But Chris Farley is the exact same character, so it's a popular joke to say that they are sequels.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Another close call is Black Sheep over Tommy Boy. It's way too close to say which one is better, they both are amazing.
What? They're not sequels.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:30 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know.

But Chris Farley is the exact same character, so it's a popular joke to say that they are sequels.
How popular? I have never once heard anyone make that claim. That's like saying that every Jean Claude Van Dam movie is part of one giant sequel chain
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:32 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
How popular? I have never once heard anyone make that claim. That's like saying that every Jean Claude Van Dam movie is part of one giant sequel chain
I guess just around here, because I've heard it since the movies came out and even when I was in Iowa at school.

Either way, I was kidding about them being sequels and trying to make a joke. Still, both are classics.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:09 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And Army of Darkness > Evil Dead II.
NO!!!

A million times no!

Evil Dead 2 is infinity times better than Army of Darkness. AOD is in fact my least favorite of the "Evil Dead" movies. Not much of a fan of it at all.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:11 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
NO!!!

A million times no!

Evil Dead 2 is infinity times better than Army of Darkness. AOD is in fact my least favorite of the "Evil Dead" movies. Not much of a fan of it at all.
This is madness.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:12 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
This is madness.
No. This is...

a discussion?

(See what I did there?)

Old 05-28-2009, 02:15 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Liking Evil Dead II more makes total sense, but not even liking Army of Darkness is completely out of line.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:32 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not even sure what metric one would apply to judging those movies in terms of quality, much less in what world Army of Darkness wouldn't be a very fun movie.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:32 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

felt like watching this movie:

Old 05-28-2009, 03:07 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else seen the movie Special? At first I was a little turned off that it wasn't about handicap children, but in the end I really loved this movie and would like to recommend it to all...It's about a guy named Les(Michael Rappaport) who has a ****** life and agrees to participate in a clinical trial of some new anti-depressents. Taking the pills makes him think he is developing super powers and he decides to become a super hero to protect the city...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:35 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
No. This is...

a discussion?

(See what I did there?)
SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:52 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
Anyone else seen the movie Special? At first I was a little turned off that it wasn't about handicap children, but in the end I really loved this movie and would like to recommend it to all...It's about a guy named Les(Michael Rappaport) who has a ****** life and agrees to participate in a clinical trial of some new anti-depressents. Taking the pills makes him think he is developing super powers and he decides to become a super hero to protect the city...
sounds interesting. is it a comedy? i really hope not.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:36 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The King (2006) was a pretty solid movie. Very small and stripped down (I think it's an Indie... felt like one anyway). William Hurt was great and he's quickly becoming one of my favorite actors and this might have been his best performance that I've seen. Truly a great performance as this born again Christian turned pastor struggling to confront his past sins. He has an illegitimate child named Elvis (Gael García Bernal) and we follow him around as he just leaves the navy. He's a loner that literally talks to one friend before leaving the navy and then he has little communication with anyone his own age. He's more of a loner than Travis Bickle. The first half is really good as it leads up to this ever clear ominous gloom. The pacing is slow and deliberate. He meets his half sister played incredibly well by Pell James and he seduces her and ends up banging his sister knowing she's his sister, but she doesn't know he's his brother. This is one of the rare films where they portray a teenage girl without any of those ******** stereotypes. She's dumb and makes stupid decisions and it feels completely real. After that Elvis becomes involved with the family and the movie really turns around and goes down a very dark road. It's very similar to Down in the Valley, which is a Taxi Driver knock off. With that said it's also incredibly original (Mostly because of the unconventional characters) and I found it very unpredictable, but not really in a good way. The characters make some really stupid decisions and how Elvis becomes involved with Hurts family is just kind of stupid. It feels a little too forced. You think no one in their right mind would do the things these people are doing, so you really have no idea what could happen since the writer seems to break all the rules. It was written by the same guy that wrote Monster's Ball, which is ten times the film this is, but this is pretty solid in its own right.

Bernal gives a really cold performance. He's neither likable and surprisingly unlikable. He's just kind of there going about his business. Even though from a violence standpoint you kind of know where the movie is going to go it still shocks you when it unfolds, and a lot of that might have to do with Bernal and his nearly expressionless performance. It is a violent movie and the violence is sudden, quick and completely unexplained. It leaves you asking a ton of questions. It has a great deal to do with religion and God and there's a ton of symbolism there (God - King of Kings, the lead character is called Elvis... The King... kind of pretentious stuff to be honest). Paul Dano is also in it and he's his weird little self and he plays the role as he would any other role.

7/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:57 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
The King (2006) was a pretty solid movie. Very small and stripped down (I think it's an Indie... felt like one anyway). William Hurt was great and he's quickly becoming one of my favorite actors and this might have been his best performance that I've seen. Truly a great performance as this born again Christian turned pastor struggling to confront his past sins. He has an illegitimate child named Elvis (Gael García Bernal) and we follow him around as he just leaves the navy. He's a loner that literally talks to one friend before leaving the navy and then he has little communication with anyone his own age. He's more of a loner than Travis Bickle. The first half is really good as it leads up to this ever clear ominous gloom. The pacing is slow and deliberate. He meets his half sister played incredibly well by Pell James and he seduces her and ends up banging his sister knowing she's his sister, but she doesn't know he's his brother. This is one of the rare films where they portray a teenage girl without any of those ******** stereotypes. She's dumb and makes stupid decisions and it feels completely real. After that Elvis becomes involved with the family and the movie really turns around and goes down a very dark road. It's very similar to Down in the Valley, which is a Taxi Driver knock off. With that said it's also incredibly original (Mostly because of the unconventional characters) and I found it very unpredictable, but not really in a good way. The characters make some really stupid decisions and how Elvis becomes involved with Hurts family is just kind of stupid. It feels a little too forced. You think no one in their right mind would do the things these people are doing, so you really have no idea what could happen since the writer seems to break all the rules. It was written by the same guy that wrote Monster's Ball, which is ten times the film this is, but this is pretty solid in its own right.

Bernal gives a really cold performance. He's neither likable and surprisingly unlikable. He's just kind of there going about his business. Even though from a violence standpoint you kind of know where the movie is going to go it still shocks you when it unfolds, and a lot of that might have to do with Bernal and his nearly expressionless performance. It is a violent movie and the violence is sudden, quick and completely unexplained. It leaves you asking a ton of questions. It has a great deal to do with religion and God and there's a ton of symbolism there (God - King of Kings, the lead character is called Elvis... The King... kind of pretentious stuff to be honest). Paul Dano is also in it and he's his weird little self and he plays the role as he would any other role.

7/10
Gael Garcia Bernal is one of the best actors you've never heard of. He is awesome in everything he does. I loved him that Michel Gondry film that he did. Science of Sleep?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:16 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
sounds interesting. is it a comedy? i really hope not.
Nope not a comedy though some comical things happen...I guess it would be classified more as a drama maybe? not quite sure but a very good movie with a positive message which usually strikes me as corny but I just didn't feel that way the way they went about it.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:50 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched into the wild, it was a pretty good film. I've become pretty interested in all things Chris McCandless, I also watched the channel 6 documentary on him.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw a preview of the upcoming Sherlock Holmes film with Robert Downey Jr. in the title role & Jude Law as sidekick Dr. Watson set in Edwardian London. Downey plays a drug-addicted, morally depraved Holmes, still can't come close to the actor's former personal life in terms of depravity, have to hand it to him to use that to launch his post-addict film career to new heights of brilliant performances ... anybody else catch that take on Downey in the line "That's not the worst thing you've caught me doin'" in Iron Man? That would have been wasted on any other actor in that context.

And Jude Law is somehow better in a supporting role than as a headliner, see his performances as the murder victim (briefly) in Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil & the rogue robot in the otherwise awful Spielberg dud A.I..... I'm digressing here but did anybody else notice that all Spielberg's films with acronym titles like A.I. & ET are guaranteed to suck?

I can't wait for this one, I'm a sucker for all things Sherlock Holmesian, this film looks like it has deep roots all the way back to the 1976 7% Solution.

Here's a trailer:

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer...holmes/trailer
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

has anyone seen jcvd? i thought it looked good

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:31 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk View Post
I want to see it so bad but can't convince my wife that we should rent it. I have however rented Bride Wars twice this month after seeing it in theaters opening weekend :(
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:34 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Poor SuperKev. I'm going to dedicate my single life to your memory.

I'm watching Astronaut Farmer on HBO right now. Not a fan. Idk what it is, but it just doesn't do anything for me.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk View Post
Yes. I talked about it a few pages back. It's pretty good.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
I saw a preview of the upcoming Sherlock Holmes film with Robert Downey Jr. in the title role & Jude Law as sidekick Dr. Watson set in Edwardian London. Downey plays a drug-addicted, morally depraved Holmes, still can't come close to the actor's former personal life in terms of depravity, have to hand it to him to use that to launch his post-addict film career to new heights of brilliant performances ... anybody else catch that take on Downey in the line "That's not the worst thing you've caught me doin'" in Iron Man? That would have been wasted on any other actor in that context.

And Jude Law is somehow better in a supporting role than as a headliner, see his performances as the murder victim (briefly) in Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil & the rogue robot in the otherwise awful Spielberg dud A.I..... I'm digressing here but did anybody else notice that all Spielberg's films with acronym titles like A.I. & ET are guaranteed to suck?

I can't wait for this one, I'm a sucker for all things Sherlock Holmesian, this film looks like it has deep roots all the way back to the 1976 7% Solution.

Here's a trailer:

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer...holmes/trailer
Yes, AI and ET sucked, but I have no idea what else you're trying to say. You had me, then I think you started talking about drugs and then something else, then Iron Man, or something.

Anyway, I got a question for you movie junkies. Well a couple questions.

The Believer? American History X? Romper Stomper?

Which is the best skin head movie?
Which of these great actors gives the best performance?
Which movie had the best ending?

Even though I think all three have their flaws, and Romper Stomper is close to awful, I'll go with The Believer as best film even though its very close with American History X. I personally found Ryan Gosling to give one of the most engaging and purely twisted self-loathing acting performances I've ever seen. His accent was pitch-perfect. His ability to completely sell his Jewish beliefs and pure knowledge of everything about the religion is the probably the most astonishing aspect of his acting, but the most convincing part of his performance is the hatred he has for being a Jew and all the negative things that go along with the stereotypical Jewish male, which is something he's constantly fighting (Both physically and internally). There are so many great aspects to his character and so many layers fully developed. As good as Edward Norton was in American History X, he wasn't even in the same league as Gosling who I've never seen better (Lars and the Real Girl). Norton, I think, gave a rather average performance (by his standards) that was bolstered beyond average due to his physical changes and dedication to the film. The Believer has its flaws and some of the characters surrounding Gosling are underdeveloped and I still have no idea what kind of movement he was joining or working for, and it seemed really unnecessary. Every time he was with these people it felt like a straight intrusion on the film and it broke it's pacing. It was kind of just crammed in there to get some good preachy / debate scenes. American History X is a little too feel good and a little too unrealistic. I loved the black and white sections of the film, which kind of symbolized Derek Vinyard's view of the world... everything being in black and white, which is set in his dark past prior to his prison sentence, and then there's color after he gets out and changes his views on the world. Of all three films that might be favorite aspect of any of them (the use of B&W). Edward Norton's best acting scenes are also when he was extremely volatile and full of hate. Just the look in his eyes in that unforgettable curb stomping scene is probably worth the Academy Award nomination alone when he nonchalantly shrugs his shoulders as he's getting handcuffed. I just hated how it turned into a movie about black people and white people, and the hatred they have for each other or how they came together and put their differences aside.

Romper Stomper was just awful. Russell Crowe was running around screaming throughout the entire movie destroying stuff. Some people might say, "Well that is what the nazi group is like. They're chaotic and simply out of control. Russell did a great job creating that." They got their message across, it's just not engaging or difficult to pull off or something I want to watch. The story is full of neat little coincidences so that you have Russell Crowe and his best mate end up on the beach with the girl in the middle of them creating a nice happy ending and a change for the better in one character and a death of another. Corny and stupid, but the final shot of the movie (with the credits rolling and the great music on sound) is something I can't forget almost a year after seeing it. I don't know what it is about that dead man's view, but it just kind of made sitting through the whole ****** movie worth it. Just for that final shot.

As much as I liked that ending, or the final shot, it comes in third. American History X has a rather liberal feel for the longest time as this skinhead befriends a stereotypical black man, which felt forced. Probably the worst written and worst acted section of the film takes place between the black guy and the nazi hating scumbag turned good guy. I never believed the transition from pure evil to good which made Norton unbelievable after he gets out of prison. Even with that liberal view forcing itself into the movie, it quickly comes back to a more realistic ending with the murder of Vinyard's brother. The ending that takes the cake is the one in The Believer, which is instantly one of my favorite endings since it makes you think about it's meaning. You don't have to study Judaism to understand the symbolism since everything is neatly and clearly explained earlier. A powerful ending as Gosling clears the church, then begins accenting back up those same stairs he ran down as a child when he rebelled against his religion. Now he's looking for a way back and as he passes the same teacher who keeps repeating the same words, more and more anguish slowly washes over his face as he searches for heaven and/or God. "Nothings up there." A great ending that was only realized to its fullest thanks to the incredible performance from Gosling. I have, surprisingly, only seen two of the five Oscar nominated performances in 2001 and of the two I've seen, Russell Crowe in Gladiator and Tom Hanks in Cast Away, and both not anywhere close to the kind of performance Gosling gave. He was truly fantastic.

The Believer 7.5/10
American History X 7/10
Romper Stomper 2.5/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BigBanger = A Perfect Score
Old 05-28-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
BigBanger = A Perfect Score
what? elaborate please.