Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-14-2009, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Superbad was overrated I agree and 88 Minutes was horrible horrible cinema

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:19 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone see Taking Pelham 123? I really wanted to see that movie, but it looks like another Inside Man.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:33 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jaws will never die!

Quote:
Jaws was the first during the day, and I think this was the first time I actually watched the movie from start to finish. Anyway, it's simply a great movie. A ******* classic. One of Spielberg's top 5, maybe top 3. I haven't seen it in a long time and I'v always watched it when it was on TV and I was fairly young, so it was good to finally watch it without interruption. I didn't realize just how damn good Robert Shaw was in that. His death scene and his face in that scene is one of the most vivid death scenes I can ever remember. Just so damn realistic looking. There are a few things here and there (imperfections) that kind of annoyed me like some of the smaller roles actors just being completely butchered by never-before actors. Some of the writing was also a bit cheesy (Just a few lines here and there). Overall, one of the most entertaining movies I've ever seen and one of the great suspense films.
"We're gonna need a bigger boat!!"

I still remember jumping out of my seat in the theater when the mechanical shark broke the surface of the water for the 1st time just before Roy Scheider said that immortal line. Spielberg timed it just right, the masterwork of his young directing career, note you never saw the business end of the shark with those rows of teeth until then. There were shots from the shark's perspective & shots from a long distance of a robot shark, but once you see him head on you'll never forget it b/c the camera was photographing something that tapped into the worst primordial terrors. That setup of scene by scene development by revealing the monster in segments to maximize suspense influenced Ridley Scott in the original Alien 4 yrs. later & many others.

Jaws set all kinds of precedents, besides it was the 1st summer blockbuster film timed to release after Memorial Day in 1975. Spielberg did a superlative job with that mechanical shark & other FX that are primitive compared with today's CGI. Parts of it were cheesy, true, but it was low budget adventure/action film that the studio suits never expected to make much $.

Much great filmdom lore about the making of Jaws: It was almost never made b/c they had lots of problems selling a film based on Benchley's novel that originated as a story in Argosy magazine in 1973 to the studio moguls. And yeah, Robert Shaw stole the whole show as Quint, did you know he was ragged on by the whole production crew & cast for showing up for shooting most of the time sh*tfaced & belligerent, obnoxiously drunk? Shaw was a hardcore Irish drunk with a hollow leg & maybe a leather liver too. And when they finished a long hard filming in the cold Atlantic off Martha's Vineyard, MA, Speilberg, Scheider, Richard Dreyfus & screenwriter John Milius went out & got drunk to celebrate, then got the idea of taking a promo pic with all of them in the mouth of the mechanical shark. So they did it, but Milius broke the shark b/c he was (still is) a big fat guy, then they all ran out of the warehouse giggling like a bunch of 14-yr-olds. True story. It affected everyone associated it with for life too -- All the principal cast members grew to hate the film later, everywhere they went after 1975, people came up to them in public & started humming those 1st 8 bars to the Jaws theme by John Williams. A close friend sat next to Scheider on a NYC to SF cross country redeye flt. once & he told him that swimming anywhere, even in a pool, was just never the same for him after Jaws.

All the Jaws sequels sucked BTW IMO, even the one with the late great Roy Scheider.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Did anyone see Taking Pelham 123? I really wanted to see that movie, but it looks like another Inside Man.
Doesn't look at all good to me. It just looks like another Tony Scott movie where his overkill style of edits and images is accompanied by Denzel screaming. Seen one, seen'em all.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
remake of a 70s cult classic. Probably not a great movie but probably is pretty entertaining. Nothing I'd consider going to see in the theatre.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

superbad was great the first time but just doesn't translate well over time.
Saints 4 Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
superbad was great the first time but just doesn't translate well over time.
dude aren't you Rich Jr.?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You seriously only lol'ed 3 times at The Hangover? You must either.....
a) Not have a sense of humor
b) All the jokes flew over your head (IDK)
c) Must be waaaaay too mature for your own good.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
dude aren't you Rich Jr.?
who? my name is Mike..
Old 06-14-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
actually three
I was not making an innuendo towards your testicles.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Well he gave Superbad 0/10 so it is apparent he has no soul.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post

I still remember jumping out of my seat in the theater when the mechanical shark broke the surface of the water for the 1st time just before Roy Scheider said that immortal line.
Richard Dreyfuss: "I'm not gonna take this abuth much longer"

That line cracks me up.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Didn't notice this earlier but holy misquote Batman.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-14-2009, 03:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Superbad and I think it holds up just fine over time. It's hilarious.

Anyway, I watched the Hammer yesterday. You see a different side of Adam Carolla...it's actually good and he's good in it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Didn't notice this earlier but holy misquote Batman.
"You're gonna need a bigger boat"

Good eye Brodeur.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw John Q for the first time last night. Very good movie.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I know, and it gets very ****** reviews.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:46 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
a) I have a sense a humor.
b) A 7 year old could understand these jokes. A guy without a tooth. That isn't funny. I mean what the ****... these jokes aren't going over anyone's head. They're ******* stupid.
c) I am fairly mature, but I'm also one of those people who rarely takes **** seriously.

What was so funny outside of the scenes that I described? It's ******* forgettable. A day later and I can't even remember much of anything from it other than it sucked and it was a major waste of 16 bucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:01 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
b) A 7 year old could understand these jokes. A guy without a tooth. That isn't funny. I mean what the ****... these jokes aren't going over anyone's head. They're ******* stupid.
c) I am fairly mature, but I'm also one of those people who rarely takes **** seriously.

What was so funny outside of the scenes that I described? It's ******* forgettable. A day later and I can't even remember much of anything from it other than it sucked and it was a major waste of 16 bucks.
Two that come to my mind automatically are the rain man sequence, and the "is this really Caesar's palace" thing. I laughed a lot when they were at the jail. There are plenty of others that I wish I could quote well, but I'll have to see it again. I think you're just being one of those people that likes to hate on something that everyone else is excited about. It's not intelligent humor, but who gives a flying ****?
Old 06-14-2009, 09:02 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
It was an awesome movie.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:20 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post

It is forgettable if you have absolutely no ability to relate to it. People love this movie because it is so easy to relate to. Especially if you are in college or have been in college, then you probably have that one night that you had too much fun and crazy things just kept happening, so much happened you can't even remember it all, but loved every second of it. Kind of like the movie.

This movie was said to have intelligent humor, it is called The Hangover, wtf did you think it would be?
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Well he did say that he prefers T4 to T2, so ya know...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-14-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone who hates the hangover that much has never experienced a wild night with his friends.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just watched Gran Torino and have decided I am going to be a cranky old racist when I grow up.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:55 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I just watched Gran Torino and have decided I am going to be a cranky old racist when I grow up.
As long your old age is as funny as the first half of Gran Torino, I think I'll support it.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote