Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-16-2009, 07:36 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
PSH>>>>DDL in the battle of the 3 letter acronyms/actors
Could you make an argument the Phillip Seymour Hoffman is better than Daniel Day-Lewis? Maybe. But to say he is clearly a way better actor is redonkulous.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Could you make an argument the Phillip Seymour Hoffman is better than Daniel Day-Lewis? Maybe. But to say he is clearly a way better actor is redonkulous.
I will always support PSH and actors like him who have not built an acting career on being pretty. Not that DDL has. He is a fantastic actor. But he has that, leading man chiseled chin look about him. PSH is fat, white, and balding, and is still one of the best, if not THE best actor of his generation. I hold Kevin Spacey in the same regard. Both fantastic actors.

Not trying to take anything away from DDL, for the record. His new movie looks badass, and has a ridiculous amount of hot chicks in it. And its a musical. Hells yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well it's all subjective, but PSH has not just been consistent, but consistently amazing this past decade in his roles that it actually pretty easy to make an argument that he is the best actor out there right now. It isn't as clear cut as you make it out to be.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spacey is a pretty decent looking guy, so I wouldn't throw him in with PSH. I think Paul Giamatti is a better guy to say has been incredible this decade despite his looks.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just think its funny to look at how many great actors now started out as nothing more then pretty faces, and develop into great actors later. Guys like Leo and Matt Damon come to mind. I admire guys like PSH and yes, Paul Giamatti, who break into the industry without that added aspect to their appeal. Because as much as we all love them for their acting skills, alot of people out there watch movies simply to see the pretty people on screen.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:00 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0836578/

They are making another Indiana Jones movie. Why God, why?
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really respect that PSH has put out more quantity of quality and I understand DDL hasn't actually been in that many movies. The more movies you're in, the more likely you'll get a bad role or something that's poorly written but Hoffman always nails it. I guess DDL as Daniel Plainview and Bill the Butcher were some of the best acting performances I've seen and both really made an impression on me.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Major League:

"No, no too high..too high"

"Too high? Not too high, too FAR"

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I really respect that PSH has put out more quantity of quality and I understand DDL hasn't actually been in that many movies. The more movies you're in, the more likely you'll get a bad role or something that's poorly written but Hoffman always nails it. I guess DDL as Daniel Plainview and Bill the Butcher were some of the best acting performances I've seen and both really made an impression on me.
You pick his two similar performances lol. Those characters are very similar in alot of ways. That said, he was great in both. I felt he was a little overrated in Gangs, and I wasnt hugely moved by his performance in that the same way I was in TWBB.

And yes, PSH is fantastic. If you havent already, watch The Savages and Synecdoche, New York. Those might be 2 of my favorite performances of his.
Quote:
Old 06-16-2009, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

after Aliens, whats next?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You pick his two similar performances lol. Those characters are very similar in alot of ways. That said, he was great in both. I felt he was a little overrated in Gangs, and I wasnt hugely moved by his performance in that the same way I was in TWBB.
I actually feel the exact opposite in terms of the performances. I think his performance in GONY is the best of this decade and TWBB was just good.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-16-2009, 08:56 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I actually feel the exact opposite in terms of the performances. I think his performance in GONY is the best of this decade and TWBB was just good.
Best performance of the decade? Yikes...thats a tall order. I definitely like his TWBB performance better then his GONY performance, but I might not even say Daniel Plainview was the best of this decade...although I guess American Beauty was '99...Id have to think on that one.
Quote:
Old 06-16-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how can APS always be so wrong???
Old 06-16-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
"Here is the whole chicken you wanted Cerrano"

Allstate has your back, But it no help with curve ball.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:28 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0836578/

They are making another Indiana Jones movie. Why God, why?
I would sooner hope for Head of State 2 than the continued raping of Indiana Jones.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm feeling a baseball movie tonight. What do you think?

Major League, Bull Durham, Rookie of the Year, Field of Dreams or Angels in the Outfield?
Old 06-16-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dont forget Little Big League
Old 06-16-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I'm feeling a baseball movie tonight. What do you think?

Major League, Bull Durham, Rookie of the Year, Field of Dreams or Angels in the Outfield?
Pride of the Yankees.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-16-2009, 10:10 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bang the Drum Slowly

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:16 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
how can APS always be so wrong???
The same way you never post anything meaningful or contribute to a discussion.
Quote:
Old 06-16-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
alca1992
Veteran

alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.alca1992 could make a wolverine purr.

i watched 3 good movies today. first, i started off with major leauge. hilarious of course. then i watched the first 2 terminaters. so today was overall pretty good.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:37 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the Name of the Father and My Left Foot are amazing DDL performances as well. I think we'd all agree both he and PSH are near perfect in every role they play.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:13 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I will always support PSH and actors like him who have not built an acting career on being pretty. Not that DDL has. He is a fantastic actor. But he has that, leading man chiseled chin look about him. PSH is fat, white, and balding, and is still one of the best, if not THE best actor of his generation. I hold Kevin Spacey in the same regard. Both fantastic actors.

Not trying to take anything away from DDL, for the record. His new movie looks badass, and has a ridiculous amount of hot chicks in it. And its a musical. Hells yes.
I think it looks sooooooooooo boring and/or lame. Hate musicals.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-17-2009 at 12:17 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Indiana Jones 5 is on the way....
Saints 4 Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:20 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
Indiana Jones 5 is on the way....
Happy Gilmore 2 would be a much better idea. Am I right? :)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote