Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-20-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
The whole time I watched V I was thinking about Burger King.
Really? Because I think the rest of the world was thinking about sociopolitical corruption and Natalie Portman's hair

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
The whole time I watched V I was thinking about Burger King.
I was thinking about how much Alan Moore thinks it sucks.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Natalie Portman is sexy even without hair.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kristen Stewart is extremely hot. (and relax I was watching Adventureland, not New Moon) Really liked the movie btw.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what movie should I watch tonight.......

The Hangover or Inglourious Basterds
Old 11-20-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Kristen Stewart is extremely hot. (and relax I was watching Adventureland, not New Moon) Really liked the movie btw.
I really liked Adventureland too. And yes, Kristen Stewart is hott.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
I don't find Kristen Stewart to be attractive at all. She always has a really stupid look on her face
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its about that time I put in fight club for another watch. It's been awhile, could use some awesomeness.

Also I dont find stewart to be the least bit attractive. Or to be a good actress. I saw a couple of lines from a scene of new moon, and seriously burst out laughing and couldnt believe someone could think the things they were saying sounded good, even on paper. Yes I am this forums biggest twilight hater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stewart is just kind of cute. But I'd throw some boners her way in Adventureland.

Portman is just amazing.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:49 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of amazing, see the blind side. so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

V for Vendetta was alright, but they killed the spirit of the original. They replaced the Anarchism vs. Fascism theme to that of Liberalism vs. Neoconservatism and it seemed like a cheap way to capitalize on George W. Bush's last years in office.

Last edited by Shiver : 11-21-2009 at 12:42 AM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:55 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a Stewart fan either.

As for Adventureland, it wasnt the movie I was expecting. I thought it would be a comedy full of laughs. Turned out to be more of a romantic type story with some coming of age thrown in there. It wasnt all that funny, imo. Bill Hader fending off some dudes with a baseball bat was the funniest moment and that could be seen in the tv spots. It was okay but, I was pretty disappointed with it.

I'm about to watch Spiral, see what that is all about.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 01:03 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and I watched Drag Me to Hell the other day. I'm still thinking about it right now. I'm kind of mixed on it. It wasnt the slightest bit scary but, it had some quality laughs. I just think its been a tad overrated, I mean it's supposed to be campy and a B movie homage but, I wouldnt call it great by any means. Pretty good, though. You could tell it was a Raimi movie...def. reminded me of the Evil Dead series at times with some of the comedy.

One of the reasons I do think it has been reviewed so well is because, most critics seem to have hard ons for Sam Raimi but, I did think it was pretty good again...but not as great as people have been saying. If anyone else makes this movie, it wouldnt have been received so well, I'm sure.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-21-2009, 03:42 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Good call on Spiral, APS. That was a good movie. Joel David Moore actually really surprised me with his acting and direction. I wasnt expecting that. He also co-wrote the movie. hmm. There is a lot more talent there then I thought there was. I'm used to seeing him play the really nerdy guy in movies. He's pretty much typecast into those nerdy guy or smart guy roles. But yeah, the movie was a little predictable but it wasn't that bad at all and JDM and Zach Levi were good in it. Tamblyn wasn't bad either...a little rough at some parts but, she was good.

Reading some IMDB posts...I notice some people didnt like his character because of how weird he was. But I've seen really awkward kids in high school or wherever, we all have, and he just nails that. Reminded me of some of the kids I went to school with.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-21-2009 at 03:55 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:01 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
So what movie should I watch tonight.......

The Hangover or Inglourious Basterds
The Hangover. I thought Inglorious Basterds wasnt nearly as good as I thought it would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
Speaking of amazing, see the blind side. so good.
I'm nervous that I'm not gonna like it. I thought the book was great and I don't want them making the story all about Sandra Bullock being too much of the focus because she is the 'star'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
As for Adventureland, it wasnt the movie I was expecting. I thought it would be a comedy full of laughs. Turned out to be more of a romantic type story with some coming of age thrown in there. It wasnt all that funny, imo. Bill Hader fending off some dudes with a baseball bat was the funniest moment and that could be seen in the tv spots. It was okay but, I was pretty disappointed with it.
I had the same thing happen to me with Adventureland. I thought it was some comedy based on the commercial and I convinced a group of friends to see it with me. I lost movie choosing privileges for a while and we now have an agreement where we all if we want to leave to just say so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
V for Vendetta was alright, but they killed the spirit of the original. They replaced the Anarchism vs. Fascism theme to that of Liberalism vs. Neoconservatism and it seemed like a cheap way to capitalize on George W. Bush's last years in office.
The original as in the graphic novel?

And MOTH, DMTH was well received because it was the perfect campy horror film like the Evil Dead films.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I don't find Kristen Stewart to be attractive at all. She always has a really stupid look on her face
Ughhhh. Watching Adventureland, which I thought was excellent, I couldn't think about ANYTHING but how she tried to use her hair as an acting tool.

Every scene she is running her hands through her damn hair, trying to play the drama card.
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:45 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Good call on Spiral, APS. That was a good movie. Joel David Moore actually really surprised me with his acting and direction. I wasnt expecting that. He also co-wrote the movie. hmm. There is a lot more talent there then I thought there was. I'm used to seeing him play the really nerdy guy in movies. He's pretty much typecast into those nerdy guy or smart guy roles. But yeah, the movie was a little predictable but it wasn't that bad at all and JDM and Zach Levi were good in it. Tamblyn wasn't bad either...a little rough at some parts but, she was good.

Reading some IMDB posts...I notice some people didnt like his character because of how weird he was. But I've seen really awkward kids in high school or wherever, we all have, and he just nails that. Reminded me of some of the kids I went to school with.
Yeah I was really surprised when I watched it too. You are right with the predictability thing, but its still quite good. You are spot on with Moore as well, I was shocked by his portrayal of that character, and I was even more surprised he wrote and directed. Hes got a couple big movies coming out that arent comedies, Im interested to see whether he will continue to impress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:50 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes I am this forums biggest twilight hater.
Right in there with ya. If we passed around a Twilight Hater signup sheet on this thread we would find quite a few posters signing up to hate it too.

Go to any B&N Bookstore & look the hot 2010 calendars fro XMas, Robert Patinson, his face all over the place including all the gossip rag covers, E! specials, & Twilight caps, t-shirts, all the hot merchandising ad nauseum. I can hardly wait for his solo album & autobiography to hit the stands.

Last edited by LizardState : 11-21-2009 at 09:53 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The original as in the graphic novel?
Yes, let's just say they took extreme liberties with the storyline.

Those gripes aside, I think they made a pretty good movie and a movie that definitely was bold considering it is a movie about justifying terrorism in certain circumstances. The scene where he blows up Parliament was chilling, but I thought in a good way.

Last edited by Shiver : 11-21-2009 at 10:04 AM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you cant be the biggest twilight hater when basically everyone would rather kill themselves than watch the movie

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I'd hit it. Can't exactly say why, but I'd tear it up.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Right in there with ya. If we passed around a Twilight Hater signup sheet on this thread we would find quite a few posters signing up to hate it too.
I'll sign.

X Splat
Old 11-21-2009, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
This I dont understand. In fact, I feel its the other way around. Without its message, V for Vendetta is a film about a crazy guy who blows up a building. If you strip it of its message, that sense of warning that it holds, I feel that detracts greatly from the movie. It had adequate effects, and some nice fight scenes, but if V for Vendetta doesnt have lines like

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

which emphasize the MESSAGE behind V`s acts, then what is the film striving for?

If you take the sense of warning away from The Matrix, you still have a kickass action flick driven by groundbreaking effects. I dont understand that argument.
If you take away the dystopian overtones and fascist nature of the rulers V is still a solid story of revenge for a man who had everything taken away from him and the innocent who gets sucked into his plot. The MAtrix is just a plotless action movie if you take away the "matrix" aspect.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:12 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont hate Twilight. I am more indifferent towards it. i know my wife likes it so i try to get informed about it so i can talk to her about it. she does the same with sports for me
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote