Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-31-2009, 12:13 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I recently picked up a copy of Lost In Translation. Have not put that to use, yet.

It was a boring day, so we just stayed at the cheap movies for a while. Saw The Men Who Stare at Goats and Law Abiding Citizen. I've already forgotten 99% of both. Somehow in my time there I did not realize that Pirate Radio was playing. Bah.
A Serious Man at the cheapies in the Cheek

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i watched The Cube. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE ACTING

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
i watched The Cube. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE ACTING
What! The old movie? Cult classic!? ..unforgettable line..."You don't want the boot!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love movies like Primer and The Cube. Made for like $5, but still goes on to **** with your head.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gleaming The Cube.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
A Serious Man at the cheapies in the Cheek
I was already supposed to see that with someone else, but I didn't even really think about it. It better still be up next week. Doubt I was with people that would've wanted to watch it, anyway. I had enough interest in the other two to not put up a fight (don't ask about Law Abiding Citizen).
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
Actually that movie is not about Jesse James. I assume you have yet to see it?
Actually I have. I know the movie is more about Robert Ford but he is molded and shaped by Jesse James and his actions, and in a way that is what makes Pitt the lead as much as Denzel is the lead in Training Day (even though Ethan Hawke is).

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Extract, along with Zack and Miri, is the best comedy I've seen since Borat. Affleck kills it. Jason Batemen is one of the few lead actors in comedies that provides as much laughs as the over-the-top side characters (Like Affleck) and David Koechner gave an indescribable performance. I think I like Koechner's performance the most sine I know that neighbor he's attempting to portray.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Actually I have. I know the movie is more about Robert Ford but he is molded and shaped by Jesse James and his actions, and in a way that is what makes Pitt the lead as much as Denzel is the lead in Training Day (even though Ethan Hawke is).
Well, yeah, duh... that's whole point of his character. He was kinda obsessed of with him, which bordered on brokeback mountain ****. I was fully expecting a Jesse James movie. Then when James died, I thought, "Okay its over. That was really good... Wait a minute, what's all this stuff? Jesse James is dead. What's left to be told?" The first time I actually didn't like the ending, then I watched it again and realized this is the first telling of Robert Ford's side of the story, which is what the director said, so I'm kinda paraphrasing him there. I quickly grew to appreciate the final 15 minutes or so after James's death. Rockwell and Affleck have some of their best moments.

That's another good example. Denzel really isn't the lead guy, not enough to put Hawke into supporting anyway. They both are leads. Denzel gives the better performance because he simply dwarfs Hawke's performance. Kind of like Forest Whitaker and James McAvoy in The Last King of Scotland or Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight. I don't remember anyone talking about any other performance from The Dark Knight other than Ledger's. He gave one of the greatest performances ever. To say he dwarfed everyone else on screen would be an enormous understatement. He's going in my leading category and as the best acting performance of the decade.
Quote:
Quote:
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Quote:
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Extract, along with Zack and Miri, is the best comedy I've seen since Borat. Affleck kills it. Jason Batemen is one of the few lead actors in comedies that provides as much laughs as the over-the-top side characters (Like Affleck) and David Koechner gave an indescribable performance. I think I like Koechner's performance the most sine I know that neighbor he's attempting to portray.
Maybe i'm in the minority but i thought Zack and Miri was a terrible movie
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Im about to head over to a local bullmoose to get buy some movies tonight, but am not sure what to get. Any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:59 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Maybe i'm in the minority but i thought Zack and Miri was a terrible movie
I thought it was average. It got waaaaay too hyped up.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zach and Miri fell apart in the second half.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't much a fan of Extract or Zack and Miri. They were both alright but nothing special.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank God, I thought I missed something in thinking Zach and Miri wasn't anything special...Has it's spots, but overall meh.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:56 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

I take that back, they're not better than Observe and Report.

(500) Days of Summer is a masterpiece. I'm literally blown away. In one word: Genius.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-01-2010, 09:46 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I take that back, they're not better than Observe and Report.

(500) Days of Summer is a masterpiece. I'm literally blown away. In one word: Genius.
Its amazing how incredibly polarized your awfulness can be. Observe and Report was terrible, but I agree 100% on 500 Days. Also, I was severely disappointed in Extract, I expected alot more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sorry but I loved Observe and Report

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think you two (fisch and APS) have debated this like twenty times in this thread haha
Old 01-01-2010, 11:45 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know it's on the other page and I don't feel like Quoting the list but.....

I think Jamie Fox's performance in Ray deserves some love.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wanna jump in on the last debate, I didn't like extract. I had much higher expectations.

I watched Gran Torino the other night for the first time. Damn amazing movie. Really liked it.

About to go see Up in the Air. Can't believe it took me so long to go see it.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
Just wanna jump in on the last debate, I didn't like extract. I had much higher expectations.

I watched Gran Torino the other night for the first time. Damn amazing movie. Really liked it.

About to go see Up in the Air. Can't believe it took me so long to go see it.
Gran Torino is solid, but Clint Eastwood is a bit overrated...Expecially with Invictus. How do you base what should be one of the best sports movies of all time around Nelson Mandela and NOT the rugby?

Don't get me wrong it was good and I love Damon, but come on let's hear a little more about the black player on the team, the sport itself, the games, etc. Plus Damon is about 6 inches shorter than the guy in real life.

Eastwood has had a few hits, but check his imdb. There have also been some clunkers. He hides his shortcomings by getting major actors/actresses and keeping such a small budget. I can't lie though, reading Simmons article on ESPN opened my eyes to this even wider.

Old 01-01-2010, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
I'm sorry but I loved Observe and Report
Except for the whole semi-rape scene which was incredibly akward, I actually enjoyed Observe and Report. I guess after sitting through Mall Cop with my little sister, it was welcomed. Stupid yeah, but if the goal was to make me laugh it succeeded.

Old 01-01-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

First off, never ever talk ill of Clint. I will cut you.

But I wasn't a big fan of Gran Torino. Clint was amazing, but my god those Asian actors were atrocious. Totally took me out of the movie.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want the 1 1/2 hour of my life back that i wasted for The Cube. So bad.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote