Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-01-2010, 01:58 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
Gran Torino is solid, but Clint Eastwood is a bit overrated...Expecially with Invictus. How do you base what should be one of the best sports movies of all time around Nelson Mandela and NOT the rugby?

Don't get me wrong it was good and I love Damon, but come on let's hear a little more about the black player on the team, the sport itself, the games, etc. Plus Damon is about 6 inches shorter than the guy in real life.

Eastwood has had a few hits, but check his imdb. There have also been some clunkers. He hides his shortcomings by getting major actors/actresses and keeping such a small budget. I can't lie though, reading Simmons article on ESPN opened my eyes to this even wider.
Well, to be fair Nelson Mandela himself is a better story than any rugby story, or any sport story for that matter. While I personally saw the trailers and knew the film would be about Mandela predominantly, I guess they kinda did lead on like it would be about the sport more than it may be.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gran Torino is one of those rare movies that is so goddamn awful that it's that good. If it didn't take itself so seriously and try to make these vapid social commentaries on races coming together and just stuck with all the funny racial slurs, I thought it had a lot more potential that way... as a comedy. Instead, it's just another Crash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got done watching the second Night at the Museum, I enjoyed the first one but was disappointed with the one.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm watching Sex Drive. I'm not sure why though. I am pretty sure this kid in the movie is APS though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm watching Sex Drive. I'm not sure why though. I am pretty sure this kid in the movie is APS though.
Its pretty bad.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Its pretty bad.
Yeah I was hoping for a little EuroTrip type movie but it's not coming.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
Gran Torino is one of those rare movies that is so goddamn awful that it's that good. If it didn't take itself so seriously and try to make these vapid social commentaries on races coming together and just stuck with all the funny racial slurs, I thought it had a lot more potential that way... as a comedy. Instead, it's just another Crash.
But Gran Torino>>>>>Crash. By far. I didn't enjoy crash, I enjoyed Gran Torino.

Up in the Air was fantastic, I reccomend it to anyone looking to see a good movie.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
I think you took it too seriously. It's not an awful movie at all. You have to go into that movie with the right mindset. You can't take it too seriously but you can't take it as a comedy. Some parts are supposed to be funny and are poking fun at his old man ways. With that being said it's not a comedy. Comparing it to Crash is ridiculous. Gran Torino was a solid movie and Crash was brutal.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I just got done watching District 9 it was different.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:41 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In a good way?
Old 01-01-2010, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
In a good way?
Not Really...

LOL

It just wasn't for me.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched JCVD the other day after hearing it was good. And while it was real candid and you got some snaps of how his life has really been, jeez that was such a boring movie. I can't believe they could fit so little story line into almost two hours. The entire movie was basically one scene.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 01-01-2010 at 10:25 PM.
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
Gran Torino is solid, but Clint Eastwood is a bit overrated...Expecially with Invictus. How do you base what should be one of the best sports movies of all time around Nelson Mandela and NOT the rugby?

Don't get me wrong it was good and I love Damon, but come on let's hear a little more about the black player on the team, the sport itself, the games, etc. Plus Damon is about 6 inches shorter than the guy in real life.

Eastwood has had a few hits, but check his imdb. There have also been some clunkers. He hides his shortcomings by getting major actors/actresses and keeping such a small budget. I can't lie though, reading Simmons article on ESPN opened my eyes to this even wider.
I think you got the whole point wrong. It was not meant to be a sports movie with a political situation in it. It was meant to be a political situation movie with sports in it. Just because it includes sports does not mean that that was the point of the movie. Buy asking that it become a rugby-central movie, you're asking Clint Eastwood to make a completely different movie, which IMO, is not a legitimate reason to knock a movie.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I think you got the whole point wrong. It was not meant to be a sports movie with a political situation in it. It was meant to be a political situation movie with sports in it. Just because it includes sports does not mean that that was the point of the movie. Buy asking that it become a rugby-central movie, you're asking Clint Eastwood to make a completely different movie, which IMO, is not a legitimate reason to knock a movie.
I'm not knocking the story and its historical significance in anyway. I guess the fact that trailers kind of portrayed it as a "sports movie", just gave me a different mindset as I heading into the theater.

I think I'm a little one-sided since I play rugby and was looking forward to seeing the sport put on display more than it was.

It's well made and does Mandela justice, but kind of cliche. The black kid celebrating with the white cops who kept shooing him aways after they win the championship? I'm being a little too picky here, all around, it's a solid movie.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:47 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Avatar bored me. Way to ******* long. Sure the visuals were awesome and all...but meh.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beavis and Butthead Do America is a beautiful film.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Beavis and Butthead Do America is a beautiful film.
"we need some TP for his bunghole? what did he say?"

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:26 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Well, to be fair Nelson Mandela himself is a better story than any rugby story, or any sport story for that matter. While I personally saw the trailers and knew the film would be about Mandela predominantly, I guess they kinda did lead on like it would be about the sport more than it may be.
Although Mandela is a great story himself, let's not short change what the rugby team did. This team was awful! Downright embarrassing and a signal of oppression to the colored South Africans. When they decided to turn it around, they united a nation.

I also tripped out seeing Damon playing Flanker, where they usually stand 6'4" and up lol

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Although Mandela is a great story himself, let's not short change what the rugby team did. This team was awful! Downright embarrassing and a signal of oppression to the colored South Africans. When they decided to turn it around, they united a nation.

I also tripped out seeing Damon playing Flanker, where they usually stand 6'4" and up lol
I loved Jonah Lomu in the movie. He was perfect. It was also cool how they integrated real footage when they were watching New Zealand play.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post

Oh, I didn't mean to downplay the rugby story at all. Just pointing out that Mandela's story is greater than any sports story pretty much ever. Also, I'm sure they figured more people would be interested in that side of the story more than the actual sport side.

I do agree, that they kinda marketed it as a story about rugby and how it brought the country together, so you might think they focus more on the sport than based on the previews.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched Paper Heart last night, the movie with Charlyne Yi and Michael Cera. It was okay.. kinda quirky and cute. It wasn't bad and I was entertained (and even laughed a decent amount).

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:16 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Avatar bored me. Way to ******* long. Sure the visuals were awesome and all...but meh.
did you watch it in 3D?

I thought the effects were amazing, but the story in itself was a little out there.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
did you watch it in 3D?

I thought the effects were amazing, but the story in itself was a little out there.

Yeah I did, the 3D part was definitely cool. But take out the effects and I would have barely made it through the movie.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
"we need some TP for his bunghole? what did he say?"
"what is lobby? will there be TP?"
Old 01-02-2010, 09:31 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

After movies like Batman Begins and The Dark Knight the 1966 batman is just so funny to watch.