Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-02-2010, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Oh, I didn't mean to downplay the rugby story at all. Just pointing out that Mandela's story is greater than any sports story pretty much ever. Also, I'm sure they figured more people would be interested in that side of the story more than the actual sport side.

I do agree, that they kinda marketed it as a story about rugby and how it brought the country together, so you might think they focus more on the sport than based on the previews.

See, I disagree with that. At least in the context of this discussion. Nelson Mandela is one of the great stories of the 20th century, in real life, but not for a movie.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, it really depends on who the population being targeted is. Me being only 22, I didn't know much of the Mandela story until recently and am much more interested in the 'sports' side of recent big events and stories...Miracle, Remember the Titans, etc.

To their country then absolutely it is probably one of the greatest real-life stories of all time. Racial equality, struggles, and such are harder for me to comprehend the magnitude of the situations because I wasn't either alive or there. So I guess it doesn't carry as much weight and is a bit harder for me to understand the significance.

Blah, blah, blah, expecting more of a sport's movie and getting something different is part of my reasoning as far as critiquing the movie.

Last edited by Whistler6 : 01-02-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:16 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got back from Sherlock Holmes. I liked it a lot & so did the wife. While RDJ was his usual great self, Jude Law was just as great. That is all.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:54 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I was very disappointed to not see the Rachel McAdams corset scene in Sherlock Holmes. Will have to wait for the DVD for that. As for Sci Fi of the year, I liked D9, but Avatar and Moon were both better films IMO.

Touching upon the Aronofsky business, I was one of the few people who wasnt a big fan of The Wrestler. I felt it had a good performance by Rourke, but outside of that the movie fell flat for me. I know alot of people loved it, and I respect that, but it didnt do it for me.

Touching upon Sci Fi movies, Dark City is very underrated, so I agree with that. Also, Sunshine is a movie which I really feel was a fantastic and underrated sci fi movie.

That said, my favorite sci fi from the past decade is Minority Report. I absolutely love that flick. One of my all time top 10 sci fi films and definitely my top from the last 10 years (I dont think ESSM is a Sci Fi movie, more of a romantic dramedy with sci fi elements)
I just watched Dark City last week. I liked it, but found myself liking the idea behind it better than the actual movie. Several of the scenes just looked like crap. Also, the final battle in the end was pretty terrible. But I thought Kiefer Sutherland's performance was great, and while some may not, I thought Rufus Sewell did well with the lead role.

Overall I liked the movie and think it's worth seeing, but I wouldn't put it on par with Sci-Fi's such as The Matrix or Children of Men.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:35 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally watched this one, i enjoyed it but i need to watch it again, because theres so much going on. The story and acting is not over the top, just like City of God, it's nice to see a gang/mafia flick that is not american.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:39 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post

Finally watched this one, i enjoyed it but i need to watch it again, because theres so much going on. The story and acting is not over the top, just like City of God, it's nice to see a gang/mafia flick that is not american.
I've really wanted to see it. I just never got around to it. I remember there was a lot of hype around it when it came out. It looked intense.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, so Avatar in 3D is pretty ******* stunning.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
See, I disagree with that. At least in the context of this discussion. Nelson Mandela is one of the great stories of the 20th century, in real life, but not for a movie.
Sorry, I should have clarified.

By greatest story, I meant greatest real life story.

However, the only reason it wouldn't be a good movie prolly is because most movies have terrible writing or somehow find a way to butcher actual stories. If it was made properly, a story about Mandela would be amazing.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:46 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
i would agree with you there
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post

Scarf, you have seen yet another movie that I want to see. Have you seen Sin Nombre?

Would you say Gomorra is on City of God's level??
Old 01-03-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thanks to astronomic word-of-mouth, inflated 3-D ticket prices, and consecutive holiday weekends that began on a Friday, Avatar continued its seemingly unstoppable climb to the Hallelujah Mountains of U.S. and global box office. According to estimates from Hollywood.com Box Office, James Cameron’s sci-fi opus grossed $68.3 million over New Years weekend, a tiny 10 percent drop from Christmas weekend for a $352.1 million domestic total — easily the biggest third weekend in the U.S. ever (2002’s Spider-Man had held the record with $45 million). Much more impressively, in just 17 days, Avatar has surpassed $1 billion in global box office. To put that in perspective, it took The Dark Knight pretty much its entire theatrical run just to make it to that milestone. (Another landmark: $66.4 million of Avatar’s worldwide total is from IMAX theaters, a record for the mega-screen format.)
Holy ****. A billion already?

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/...ion-worldwide/
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God damn. I was so wrong about Avatar.. I thought it'd flop. It did the exact opposite of flop.. It's completely destroying the world.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
God damn. I was so wrong about Avatar.. I thought it'd flop. It did the exact opposite of flop.. It's completely destroying the world.
That's what you get for doubting Cameron you *****.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

avatar makes alot of money, but it fails at life.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe you do actually, as your name describes your place in the world.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I believe you do actually, as your name describes your place in the world.
He's a ninja??

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
...word...

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched the Brothers Bloom the other day...it was a little on the odd side but, I liked it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:44 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Scarf, you have seen yet another movie that I want to see. Have you seen Sin Nombre?

Would you say Gomorra is on City of God's level??
Hmm, I think I like City of God more, easier to feel for it's characters. And no i haven't seen Sin Nombre, but it's on my Netflix queue
Old 01-03-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My last night home last night, my Ma and I watched Away We Go. John Krasinski going down on his wife was a bit akward, but it was an all around solid movie.

It gets a little slow, but I enjoyed the humor. The acting was done well all around.

Old 01-03-2010, 08:35 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
My last night home last night, my Ma and I watched Away We Go. John Krasinski going down on his wife was a bit akward, but it was an all around solid movie.

It gets a little slow, but I enjoyed the humor. The acting was done well all around.
I lost it when they were driving......

Is your tilted Clitoris a secret?

Yes my Tilted Clitoris is a ****** secret!

Oh really you f-uckin ***** your tilted clitoris is a motherf.uckin secret?......Well **** you!
Old 01-03-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another comment on Invictus was that the rugby games were really dull and boring (Exact opposite of real rugby games). Loved the movie though.

Oh and shout out to Movie Forumz. Love IT!

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

About to watch (500) Days of Summer. Hope it is as good as you guys say.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I lost it when they were driving......

Is your tilted Clitoris a secret?

Yes my Tilted Clitoris is a ****** secret!

Oh really you f-uckin ***** your tilted clitoris is a motherf.uckin secret?......Well **** you!
...Smile, laugh, and he grabs the heart monitor to see if her pulse jumped. Hilarious, and it's fun to watch John Krasinski play something other than Jim. Away We Go helped me get over License To Wed too...ish.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Another comment on Invictus was that the rugby games were really dull and boring (Exact opposite of real rugby games). Loved the movie though.

Oh and shout out to Movie Forumz. Love IT!
That was kind of the basis of my original point. Playing rugby and watching countless games, it was somewhat of a letdown to see the games displayed how they were. It's such an intense sport and I was hoping for a bit more of actual rugby being played. That's my fault though.