Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-04-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That clip was put on the internet around a year ago, if I remember correctly. Splice is a movie I was very interested in for a while, especially after seeing concept art for the creature, but its been in production hell for a while now. I think the original release date was early 2009 but its been bumped back several times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I made the Pocahantas comparison after watching the movie...glad to see others think alike.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That plagarizing bastard...kidding. There a a few stories you could compare Avatar to, but everything he has done in my opinion is original. A new language and unmatched technology are just a couple. You could almost say the same about Avatar and Tarzan, but it's ridiculous to do that. In the end, it IS a cliche filled story, but still is an all around great movie.

Last edited by Whistler6 : 01-04-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Im not mistaken, there is one floating around for LOTR as well. They are quite common, and Avatar certainly isnt the first movie accused of such things.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if you ignore Avatar's story similarities to movies like Dances With Wolves or Pocahontas, it comes across as being pretty typical in structure and resolution. But, honestly, for anyone who saw this movie in 3-D, whenever a stupid line or plot hole or cliche came on screen, did it ever matter to you for more than 5 seconds?

The point of that movie was the amazing world that Cameron brought to us, not the hackneyed plot he used as a delivery mechanism.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
8 Lucille Ball in Gone with the Wind?
One of many actresses considered for the part of Scarlett.
Believe it or not, both Joan Crawford & Tallulah Bankhead were also considered for the Scarlet O'Hara role even though they were both obviously too old in 1938. They were going to give it to Olivia DeHavilland who was already in the film, but Vivien Leigh from was a last minute substitute who wowed the 1st director (later fired).
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At the end of Juno, the only thing I could think of was why did anyone care enough about this story to make it a movie? Girl gets pregnant, gives it away. The end. Seriously, it's honestly not that god damn interesting. 'Why the hell did I just watch this?' was my immediate reaction. A 5-minute summary would have had the exact same effect on me.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
At the end of Juno, the only thing I could think of was why did anyone care enough about this story to make it a movie? Girl gets pregnant, gives it away. The end. Seriously, it's honestly not that god damn interesting. 'Why the hell did I just watch this?' was my immediate reaction. A 5-minute summary would have had the exact same effect on me.
That's because you have no soul.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I thought Juno was a nice movie, nothing particularly amazing, but seriously you can do this to any movie that isn't based around some epic event. For example, I just saw 500 Day of Summer. Plot summary: boys meets girl, girl breaks up with boy, boy takes it badly, the end. And yet, it was a very good movie.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
I thought Juno was a nice movie, nothing particularly amazing, but seriously you can do this to any movie that isn't based around some epic event. For example, I just saw 500 Day of Summer. Plot summary: boys meets girl, girl breaks up with boy, boy takes it badly, the end. And yet, it was a very good movie.
See I don't expect complete originality from movies as long as they have something important to say. I loved 500 Days and thought Avatar was fun as ****. I think that is why a movie like Synecdoche, New York blows me away so much. Not only is it completely original but it also has incredibly important things to say.

BTW Up in the Air leaked for those bastards who engage in illegal piracy.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
BTW Up in the Air leaked for those bastards who engage in illegal piracy.
Honestly, this is awards season. Every single thing that's even being considered for an award will be pirated over the next month.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Honestly, this is awards season. Every single thing that's even being considered for an award will be pirated over the next month.
It is every pirates favorite time of the year. Always get a lot of movie watching done in the month of January. Just thought I would give the heads up because I have been looking for it for a while and it just came out today. Now if I could just find a Fantastic Mr. Fox torrent.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched D9 again, this time with the family...amazing once again. haha.

I also bought seven movies off of Amazon for real cheap this weekend. Two of them came today, Adaptation and the Salton Sea. I havent seen the Salton Sea yet.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I watched D9 again, this time with the family...amazing once again. haha.

I also bought seven movies off of Amazon for real cheap this weekend. Two of them came today, Adaptation and the Salton Sea. I havent seen the Salton Sea yet.
I really like the Salton Sea. Kilmer is really ******* good in it. Haven't seen it since I was in grade 9 though so a long ******* time ago.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
I hope this is good. I'm a sucker for movies like this...I hope the whole thing doesnt take place in the lab, though.

I've slowly become a pretty big fan of Adrien Brody's. It took while but, i'm there now. haha. The Jacket is another sci-fi/thriller type that he's really good in.

It also helps that I watched the Brothers Bloom the other day, so he's fresh on the mind.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-04-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I really like the Salton Sea. Kilmer is really ******* good in it. Haven't seen it since I was in grade 9 though so a long ******* time ago.
Val Kilmer is a ******* pimp and one of the more underrated actors in Hollywood. Hes delivered quite a few badass performances in his time.

Quote:
Old 01-04-2010, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of Val, Spartan is one of the most underrated movies of the decade.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Speaking of Val, Spartan is one of the most underrated movies of the decade.
Liked him better in Wonderland. Maybe my favorite Kilmer performance. I agree with APS, he is really ******* good.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

It's on HBO all the time (Spartan), but I never got around to watching it yet. It's on my "buy" list. :) The very underrated/under used...Derek Luke is in it also. Luke was supposed to be the next big thing but, he kind of fell off. Dont work with Tyler Perry, I suppose.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-04-2010, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't steal my thunder about Kilmer APS.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:05 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Epic awesomeness. There is so much going on in this movie its insane. The amount of themes and subtext is actually mindblowing. Identity, both personal and sexual, existentialism, philosophy, the list goes on..
Quote:
Old 01-04-2010, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
It's on HBO all the time (Spartan), but I never got around to watching it yet. It's on my "buy" list. :) The very underrated/under used...Derek Luke is in it also. Luke was supposed to be the next big thing but, he kind of fell off. Dont work with Tyler Perry, I suppose.
Completely agree with the Luke love. I always point him out when I see him in movies and try to push him as a great upcoming actor.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:10 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Completely agree with the Luke love. I always point him out when I see him in movies and try to push him as a great upcoming actor.
God made black beautiful. God made Boobie beautiful.