Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-09-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOTR > Clerks 2
Old 01-09-2010, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Marcus Aurelius
Rookie

Marcus Aurelius needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
Inglorious Basterds, Funny People, 7 pounds, District 9 ...Are you really a fan of Twilight? If so disregard any of the movies I just listed...
decent, Judd Apatow movies are never good, no way i would watch a movie with 27% rating on rotten tomatoes, entertaining not good though.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, so I got around to watching Coraline. And now I wish I had been able to see it in 3D (although I did get to watch it on a big projector screen). Really awesome animation.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
Inglorious Basterds, Funny People, 7 pounds, District 9 ...Are you really a fan of Twilight? If so disregard any of the movies I just listed...

7 pounds was terrible ******* garbage.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
7 pounds was terrible ******* garbage.
Funny People wasn't very good either.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
If you were expecting "slapstick" style comedy from Funny People as I was, you were probably pretty disappointed. But like Big Fan, it's a movie that hits home with a lot of people and has some pretty meaningful messages.

Funny People probably would have gotten a much better rating from critics if it wasn't something like 2 and a half hours long. An hour less and it could have been just as good...probably better.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I haven't seen it however.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
A Serious Man was a great ******* movie.

I strongly suggest it to anyone who hasn't seen it
Saw it today and it was everything this Jew says it was.

"Sussman goes home. Could Sussman eat? No. Could Sussman sleep? No."

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait to watch A Serious Man. So pumped, and I'm not really sure why.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
LOTR movies were so overrated. I enjoyed the first one, and the other two were very meh. I'm surprised Smith didnt mention the fact that no matter how man orks came, they were never a match for Orlando bloom or a dwarf.
Well then based on that logic, should it really make sense how the rebels are able to defeat the empire when the empire has an overwhelming advantage in manpower and materials? Additionally, how can Luke defeat Vader when Luke is supposed to be a much weaker Jedi? I'm just using Star Wars as an example because of Kevin Smith, but there are so many other movies where the improbable/implausible occur. Like in so many movies, you need to suspend your disbelief and just say, in the case of LOTR, "These guys are fantastic warriors and it is not the amount of soldiers but the quality even against overwhelming odds."
Old 01-09-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Well then based on that logic, should it really make sense how the rebels are able to defeat the empire when the empire has an overwhelming advantage in manpower and materials? Additionally, how can Luke defeat Vader when Luke is supposed to be a much weaker Jedi? I'm just using Star Wars as an example because of Kevin Smith, but there are so many other movies where the improbable/implausible occur. Like in so many movies, you need to suspend your disbelief and just say, in the case of LOTR, "These guys are fantastic warriors and it is not the amount of soldiers but the quality even against overwhelming odds."
Seriously man...Star Wars>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LOTR. And it really is not close. While I obviously agree that Smith's claims are not only exaggerated but are mostly done for comic appeal, Ive always stated that the LOTR movies were overrated, and IMO are not even the best modern trilogy (Bourne ftw). To say they are better then Star Wars is blasphemy. No one trashes the Wars!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite film is Empire and I'd still take Lord of the Rings over the Star Wars trilogy. Mainly because Return of the Jedi is a good but not great film while all of the Lord of the Rings are great films.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My favorite film is Empire and I'd still take Lord of the Rings over the Star Wars trilogy. Mainly because Return of the Jedi is a good but not great film while all of the Lord of the Rings are great films.
BOOSH *****

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
LOTR > Clerks 2
Hell yes. Although no one did a better job of "bringing back" porch monkey than Clerks 2 did...

Old 01-09-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Seriously man...Star Wars>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LOTR. And it really is not close. While I obviously agree that Smith's claims are not only exaggerated but are mostly done for comic appeal, Ive always stated that the LOTR movies were overrated, and IMO are not even the best modern trilogy (Bourne ftw). To say they are better then Star Wars is blasphemy. No one trashes the Wars!
As much as I love Star Wars and now really want to watch Empire, but there is no way I think they are good movies. The acting is pretty piss poor, the effects despite being revolutionary for their times, no longer hold up, the plot isn't really that original(most of it is derived from westerns, mythology, etc), and there is hardly any legit character development. I love those movies, but they are not nearly as good as LOTR. I'm not saying LOTR is not flawless, but so much better.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter.

The name alone should be enough to convince you of its pure and utter awesomeness. It is Army of Darkness or Snakes on a Plane made with like 200 dollars. If you like Z movies, you will love this. It is simultaneously the greatest and the worst movie of all time.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As much as I love Star Wars and now really want to watch Empire, but there is no way I think they are good movies. The acting is pretty piss poor, the effects despite being revolutionary for their times, no longer hold up, the plot isn't really that original(most of it is derived from westerns, mythology, etc), and there is hardly any legit character development. I love those movies, but they are not nearly as good as LOTR. I'm not saying LOTR is not flawless, but so much better.
LOTR does not have Han Solo. I rest my case
Old 01-09-2010, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

If I was a teenager when Star Wars came out, I probably wouldn't even participate in the argument because it was monumental. But I didn't. About a year after reading the LOTR trilogy and The Hobbit, the Fellowship of the Ring was released.

Better effects, better acting, better story, Rudy is the star, and Viggo rocked my world. LOTR wins out easily (in my book). Return of the King could have had 5 more endings and I wouldn't have minded.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
If I was a teenager when Star Wars came out, I probably wouldn't even participate in the argument because it was monumental. But I didn't. About a year after reading the LOTR trilogy and The Hobbit, the Fellowship of the Ring was released.

Better effects, better acting, better story, Rudy is the star, and Viggo rocked my world. LOTR wins out easily (in my book). Return of the King could have had 5 more endings and I wouldn't have minded.
I think the whole problem with movies like LOTR and Star Wars is when people first saw them. I just saw Star Wars (both trilogies) back in November, and it was good but nothing to write home about. Some were rather good (episode III and the original trilogy) and then there was Episode I that made me want to end my life. When it comes to Lord of the Rings, its something that I spent a lot of time watching with my family in my (rather late and recent) childhood and I think they are great. I just think that there is considerably more magic to a movie when you can recall fond memories of family and friends along with the actual movies. Of course a lot of the differences come down to actual differences in the movie but I still think when they were watched (might) make a big difference.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:17 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so raging bull is a pretty good movie

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
so raging bull is a pretty good movie
I cannot wait for Shutter Island. Probably my most anticipated movie of the year.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well then based on that logic, should it really make sense how the rebels are able to defeat the empire when the empire has an overwhelming advantage in manpower and materials?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter.
I have seen it. It's great.

I just watched Big Fan. I didn't care for it. The entire time I was watching, I kept thinking to myself, "these are the people I hate the most when it comes to sports." Also, it was a slow movie... and a foretelling of scottyboy's next 10-15 years.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I believe you need to stop sitting on your Matt Damon modeled phallus as to allow some knowledge to enter your brain. The Bourne trilogy better than LOTR? Here I thought I was high.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bourne is my favorite modern trilogy, but there's no way you can say it's the best.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote