Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-08-2008, 04:56 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know this is blasephemy, but I feel Stanley Kubrick is a tad overrated as a director. Don't get me wrong, I still think he is good, but he doesn't deserve the lofty status that he gets. I seriously don't like the 30 minutes of no dialougue in his movies as well as I feel that he sometimes strings out a scene.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:41 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I know this is blasephemy, but I feel Stanley Kubrick is a tad overrated as a director. Don't get me wrong, I still think he is good, but he doesn't deserve the lofty status that he gets. I seriously don't like the 30 minutes of no dialougue in his movies as well as I feel that he sometimes strings out a scene.
you hold you tongue.... ;)
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:46 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Well he is a pretty good actor and he has been in some classics. Babel, Se7en, 12 Monkeys, The Oceans series, Snatch and of course Fight Club. And I haven't seen the Jesse James flick yet, but I heard it was pretty good.
Babel, a classic??

That movie was terrible.

I would put Kubrick in my top 10 for directors. I (and everyone basically) liked his middle-career stuff like Dr. Strangelove, Clockwork Orange, The Shining, Full Metal Jacket.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Babel, a classic??

That movie was terrible.

I would put Kubrick in my top 10 for directors. I (and everyone basically) liked his middle-career stuff like Dr. Strangelove, Clockwork Orange, The Shining, Full Metal Jacket.
WHAT? I Loved Babel. It maybe to soon to be classic, give you that. But I still loved it.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:32 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

I agree, Babel was not that good...jumped around too much and the story was convoluted....Pitt was good in it but it is in no way a classic....
Old 01-08-2008, 12:29 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I understand your opinion but i just respectfully disagree. His movies were not and are not mainstream. They are weird, and different, artistic not all about plot but the mood. I personally loved A Clockwork Orange, Full Metal Jacket, 2001, The Shining, etc. 2001 is about visualizing, thats why there is little dialogue. Its not a piece about the characters but the beauty of space, the conflict ebtween man and machine, questions about god, etc. They are not for everyone and that's totally ok

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:26 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone seen Mean Machine before?

it's got Vinnie Jones so it has to be bad ass, it supposed to be a UK adapation of the Longest Yard, im downloading it now

looks like it's got a lot of guys from Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels & Snatch

Last edited by fenikz : 01-09-2008 at 12:32 AM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:29 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

any guy ritchie movie is certain to be badass...

memento anybody?
Old 01-09-2008, 09:46 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagHombre22 View Post

memento anybody?
This movie was real badass...

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

any guy ritchie movie without Madonna...is badass...

there, happy?
Old 01-09-2008, 04:15 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

memento anybody?
Guy Ritchie didn't have anything to do with Memento as far as I know.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i watched 21 grams last night. i really enjoyed it. thought the chick in it acted really well as did everyone else. and boobs.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:21 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Guy Ritchie didn't have anything to do with Memento as far as I know.
you're right...I was thinking guy...and got mixed with guy pierce....my bad...
Old 01-09-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

has anyone seen revolver?
Old 01-09-2008, 06:18 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
i watched 21 grams last night. i really enjoyed it. thought the chick in it acted really well as did everyone else. and boobs.
boobs are always good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:29 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
has anyone seen revolver?
I have at first its good, but then its just keeps going and going and gets kind of boring. It was an okay movie still something to watch.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

guys i am looking to watch some movies any you recommend. Like War movies, even if it doesn't envolve killing all the time, like Flags of our Father.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

Behind Enemy Lines
American History X
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guy Pearce > Guy Ritchie. Plus, Guy Ritchie really doesn't have it without Matthew Vaughn anyway.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guy Pearce is pretty ballin. I loved him in LA Confidential.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:21 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

i saw American History thats not a war movie, it was okay
Old 01-09-2008, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
i saw American History thats not a war movie, it was okay
I know, its just my favorite movie and i'm going to recommend it every time.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:55 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
boobs are always good.
Obviously you haven't seen Schindler's List.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
Obviously you haven't seen Schindler's List.
Whose hating on concentration camp boobage?
Old 01-10-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

memento anybody?
memento is one of the best 15 movies i have ever seen. absolutely original, pure genius. great acting by pearce its truly a classic

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote