Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-21-2010, 04:31 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Au revoir shoshanna!"

and bobsandersdreadlock be like "he didn't kill the *****? **** this **** man"

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
"Au revoir shoshanna!"

and bobsandersdreadlock be like "he didn't kill the *****? **** this **** man"
More like, "WTF Why didn't they bomb the house...this movie sucks why isn't there more explosions its supposed to be about war"

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:45 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont like Tarantino films in general, I just do not find his style of films interesting, I haven't watched IB because I have little inclination to do so, but you have to know Tarantino will do what he always does, and have a **** load of dialogue...

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
I dont like Tarantino films in general, I just do not find his style of films interesting, I haven't watched IB because I have little inclination to do so, but you have to know Tarantino will do what he always does, and have a **** load of dialogue...
Precisely. If you don't enjoy Tarantino, then you can absolutely think Basterds sucked. However, if you go into a Tarantino movie expecting action sequences and tons of blood/violence instead of dialogue developing a plot, well then you are just dumb.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-21-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was far more than 25 percent subtitles. I don't give a **** about them, but I felt the need to mention that.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
It was far more than 25 percent subtitles. I don't give a **** about them, but I felt the need to mention that.
You may be right, I just don't give a **** either/don't really realize it enough to care, so it barely registered.

I mean, do subtitles really piss people off that much that they ruin a movie? God forbid there's a language other than english in the world. I bet every civilization in the history of the world really spoke english, so there's no need to make a movie in any other language, especially if you want to make it historically accurate.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-21-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great dialogue will beat great action any day.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:45 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
You may be right, I just don't give a **** either/don't really realize it enough to care, so it barely registered.

I mean, do subtitles really piss people off that much that they ruin a movie? God forbid there's a language other than english in the world. I bet every civilization in the history of the world really spoke english, so there's no need to make a movie in any other language, especially if you want to make it historically accurate.
Because that is exactly what QT was trying to accomplish with Basterds. Heavy action wasn't needed as it rarely is in any Tarantino movie.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:52 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
Because that is exactly what QT was trying to accomplish with Basterds. Heavy action wasn't needed as it rarely is in any Tarantino movie.
Exactly. Like I said, who goes into a Tarantino flick expecting action instead of great dialogue?

Also, not that Basterds was historically accurate, I was making a general comment about language in movies based on historical events. While I only understand English and some Spanish, it tends to irritate me when you watch a movie that proclaims itself as a historic film, intended to accurately portray events, and everyone speaks English.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-21-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of the best movies Ive ever seen have been completely/heavily subtitled. Let the Right One In, City of God, Pans Labyrinth, The Host...the list goes on. Subtitles=very minor aspect of a film being good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
He didn't do any of the things he is good at? Did you even watch the ******* movie? Its well known that Tarantino's greatest asset in making films is his dialogue. If anything, this movie showcased that better then any of his previous films. It was far from his worst film, and I would be shocked if it doesnt garner several Oscar noms.

And after the ridiculous comment you made, I suggest you throw away the aforementioned movies. You dont deserve them if you are only interested in violence.
Watch the trailer i got a vibe it would be an action film where the Bastards rage hell across europe.

The sad part is the trailer just displayed all the action in the movie in about 2 minutes. The dialogue scenes last forever and only build up to a climax best described as a wet firecracker. When the dialogue is amazing the movie is easy to get into such as pulp fiction. Talking can be great if it is witty and means something. A lot of it was dissrupted by the constant reading taking me out of the movie. Maybe i have trouble bringing myself into a movie if i have to read it instead of an actor captivating me.
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:47 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cristoph Waltz gave one of the best supporting performances in recent memory, but because you had to read his lines, his performance didnt captivate you? Did you not learn to read as a child? Is it really that strenuous a task to read the single line as it pops across the bottom of the screen and assume that in a movie set in France, some people might speak French? Or in a movie about Nazis, someone may speak German?

You are an idiot. If you didn't like the movie, fine, but you are just making yourself sound like a jackass.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:00 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Dear god.

You can't read one line at a time and still pay attention to a movie? Having to read means that the acting is terrible? So if the movie was in English or you learned French/German, the movie would be better?

Is this seriously what the world has come to?

Holy hell, we absolutely need a new plague as soon as possible.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-21-2010, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
Maybe you should just stick to Michael Bay films buddy. EXPLOSIONS! GUN SHOTS! BAD ASSERY!
Even Transformers had subtitles.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dear John is going to be awesome.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-21-2010, 07:15 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
I will stab you with a very dull object.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-21-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I will stab you with a very dull object.

Their words mostly noises
Ghosts with just voices
Your words in my memory
Are like music to me

I'm miles from where you are,
I lay down on the cold ground
I, I pray that something picks me up
And sets me down in your warm arms

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-21-2010, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That blonde girl is ******* hot. I just watched Jennifer's Body and she has an amazing make out scene with Megan Fox
Old 01-21-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

That's it, you're getting at e-stab.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 01-21-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

And not even that scene was enough to redeem that otherwise awful movie.
Quote:
Old 01-21-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
That's it, you're getting at e-stab.
We can go together and hold hands.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-21-2010, 07:37 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Even Transformers had subtitles.
</discussion>

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:56 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I get what Dreadlocks is saying... to an extent. I think he's just going overboard with it. The trailer was misleading. By the time the movie ended, who didn't think, "There wasn't much of the basterds?" The trailer makes you believe it's all about them, and maybe the title as well... I don't know, I'm just sayin,' but I know I was disappointed with how little screen time Pitt had. I can see how that would ruin a movie for someone. You go in expecting one thing and getting something completely different? Who would want to go into a movie expecting The Hurt Locker and then getting Lions for Lambs? You think you're gonna be disappointed? You think you might come on a forum such as this and vent that disappointment?

I hate subtitles in movies and can't stand them, especially movies which are overwritten with dialogue (the whole 25 minute conversation outside the theater served no purpose to the movie... QT was basically boasting about his film knowledge... that no one cared to hear about during the middle of one of his movies). Does anyone watch foreign movies here on a regular basis? Since no one hardly ever brings them up, I'm go to answer with a no (that is, if the forum doesn't mind me speaking for them, but if someone does... too ******* bad). I'm big on acting and I like to watch the nuances of a performance (the whole point of great acting). I don't like reading the lines at the bottom of the screen while missing the delivery of the lines. It makes the acting worthless and greatly detracts from the impact of the characters and the overall importance of the story.

With that said, I thought, as I stated in this thread when the movie hit theaters, Inglorious Basterds was phenomenal. One of the best of the year and one of Tarantino's best.

I don't even understand the backlash to his post. People don't like subtitles. It's a matter of taste and has nothing to do with Michael Bay movies or the intellectual capacity of the viewer. He stated more than enough reasons why the movie turned him off. Really no need to bash him (I'm sure APS negative rep'd you since you have difference of opinion, but that child is a tool and he probably used that reassuring internet lingo in doing so, i.e. "EPIC FAIL").
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 01-21-2010 at 07:59 PM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
I get what Dreadlocks is saying... to an extent. I think he's just going overboard with it. The trailer was misleading. By the time the movie ended, who didn't think, "There wasn't much of the basterds?" The trailer makes you believe it's all about them, and maybe the title as well... I don't know, I'm just sayin,' but I know I was disappointed with how little screen time Pitt had. I can see how that would ruin a movie for someone. You go in expecting one thing and getting something completely different? Who would want to go into a movie expecting The Hurt Locker and then getting Lions for Lambs? You think you're gonna be disappointed? You think you might come on a forum such as this and vent that disappointment?

I hate subtitles in movies and can't stand them, especially movies which are overwritten with dialogue (the whole 25 minute conversation outside the theater served no purpose to the movie... QT was basically boasting about his film knowledge... that no one cared to hear about during the middle of one of his movies). Does anyone watch foreign movies here on a regular basis? Since no one hardly ever brings them up, I'm go to answer with a no (that is, if the forum doesn't mind me speaking for them, but if someone does... too ******* bad). I'm big on acting and I like to watch the nuances of a performance (the whole point of great acting). I don't like reading the lines at the bottom of the screen while missing the delivery of the lines. It makes the acting worthless and greatly detracts from the impact of the characters and the overall importance of the story.

With that said, I thought, as I stated in this thread when the movie hit theaters, Inglorious Basterds was phenomenal. One of the best of the year and one of Tarantino's best.

I don't even understand the backlash to his post. People don't like subtitles. It's a matter of taste and has nothing to do with Michael Bay movies or the intellectual capacity of the viewer. He stated more than enough reasons why the movie turned him off. Really no need to bash him (I'm sure APS negative rep'd you since you have difference of opinion, but that child is a tool and he probably used that reassuring internet lingo in doing so, i.e. "EPIC FAIL").
You might be worse then him. In what way do subtitles detract from the power of a performance? Acting is acting, whether the person is speaking English or not. And God help us if YOU are the person who speaks for the entire forum. You are the guy who thought Terminator Salvation was better then the originals.

As for your comment about me, I actually hadn't neg repped him at all. But guess what you are getting?

Furthermore, child? Really? Now you really sound like an idiot.
Quote:

Last edited by A Perfect Score : 01-21-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I watch foreign movies regularly, and my eyes are pretty terrible. And leave APS alone BB, the reason he negative repped you is because you're kind of a douche.

RIP TheManInBlack