Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-22-2010, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sound like a ******* broken record but you better watch Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans Commie. Its Herzgog at his craziest (and that is saying a lo).
Old 01-22-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Precious was one of the most acclaimed films of the year, and Perry had no creative control with it.
Interesting. I may to have recant my statement.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you don't, I will rip your nuts off.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:08 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I manned up and got There Will Be Blood.

Bricks will be shat.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:10 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post

Bricks will be shat.
Yessssssss

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
If you don't, I will rip your nuts off.
Push is a pretty ridiculous book, if this isnt any where near the level of depression, I will be upset.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Bricks will be shat.
I built a BBQ pit after I watched it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Push is a pretty ridiculous book, if this isnt any where near the level of depression, I will be upset.
It's a depressing goddamn movie, I'll tell you that much.

Finally watched Moon, and now I'm very upset that Rockwell isn't going to get an Oscar nomination. He was a hell of a lot better than Morgan Freeman.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-22-2010, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

About to watch Good Night and Good Luck. Hope it is as good as I hear
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
It's a depressing goddamn movie, I'll tell you that much.

Finally watched Moon, and now I'm very upset that Rockwell isn't going to get an Oscar nomination. He was a hell of a lot better than Morgan Freeman.
I watched Moon tonight as well. Rockwell was awesome, he deserves at least a nomination. I really enjoyed the movie.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Bricks will be shat.
damn good movie.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 01-22-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Next for Unseen: CASABLANCA, followed by the little seen film WIZARD OF OZ.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-22-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

shut the **** up

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 01-22-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My super-belated (and lazy) Top 10 of 2009:

10) The Fantastic Mr. Fox - just a really great movie that was beautiful to watch; best Wes Anderson movie since The Royal Tennenbaums

9) District 9 - really great piece of film making; beautiful CGI and spectacular performance by Sharlto Copley

8) A Serious Man - another great Coen Brothers movie; amazing performance by Michael Stuhlbarg; interesting message too, that **** just kind of happens sometimes

7) Observe and Report - this is a very polarizing film, clearly I am on the side of loved it; really hilarious, and Seth Rogen was brilliant; another great film by Jody Hill; might have the best "ending" scene of '09

6) In the Loop - the best comedy of the year; just a ridiculously laugh-out loud comedy that only gets better on repeat viewings; the use of profanity in this film is almost artistic; Peter Capaldi is a cursing virtuoso

5) Big Fan - just more of a phenomenal character study than anything; Patton Oswalt of course steals this movie, and is brilliant as the buffoon Paul Aufiero; just a very dark comedy/drama

4) The Hurt Locker - a brilliant, powerful movie that definitely deserves to win Best Picture; very gritty and tense; brilliant performance by Jeremy Renner; masterfully directed scenes by Kathryn Bigelow that seemed like they were pulled from real war scenes

3) Moon - a wonderful sci-fi movie; Sam Rockwell is the star of the show and gives a terrific performance; just a very moving film

2) Inglourious Basterds - what more needs to be said about this movie? Every performance is great, while Waltz is clearly the MVP; masterful script and direction that built so much tension simply through dialogue; it was very hard for me not to put this #1

1) Up - yes, I'm a child; the first ten minutes of this movie made me cry and the last scrapbook scene did it for me as well; just beautifully done with very "grown-up" themes; it was pretty much a flawless movie

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
shut the **** up

Neither have I. Or Gone With the Wind for that matter.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Gone With the Wind is pretty tight

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 01-22-2010, 10:13 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChu View Post

10) The Fantastic Mr. Fox - just a really great movie that was beautiful to watch; best Wes Anderson movie since The Royal Tennenbaums

9) District 9 - really great piece of film making; beautiful CGI and spectacular performance by Sharlto Copley

8) A Serious Man - another great Coen Brothers movie; amazing performance by Michael Stuhlbarg; interesting message too, that **** just kind of happens sometimes

7) Observe and Report - this is a very polarizing film, clearly I am on the side of loved it; really hilarious, and Seth Rogen was brilliant; another great film by Jody Hill; might have the best "ending" scene of '09

6) In the Loop - the best comedy of the year; just a ridiculously laugh-out loud comedy that only gets better on repeat viewings; the use of profanity in this film is almost artistic; Peter Capaldi is a cursing virtuoso

5) Big Fan - just more of a phenomenal character study than anything; Patton Oswalt of course steals this movie, and is brilliant as the buffoon Paul Aufiero; just a very dark comedy/drama

4) The Hurt Locker - a brilliant, powerful movie that definitely deserves to win Best Picture; very gritty and tense; brilliant performance by Jeremy Renner; masterfully directed scenes by Kathryn Bigelow that seemed like they were pulled from real war scenes

3) Moon - a wonderful sci-fi movie; Sam Rockwell is the star of the show and gives a terrific performance; just a very moving film

2) Inglourious Basterds - what more needs to be said about this movie? Every performance is great, while Waltz is clearly the MVP; masterful script and direction that built so much tension simply through dialogue; it was very hard for me not to put this #1

1) Up - yes, I'm a child; the first ten minutes of this movie made me cry and the last scrapbook scene did it for me as well; just beautifully done with very "grown-up" themes; it was pretty much a flawless movie
Good list sir, 8 of those are in my top 20

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:05 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Yeah, Up is a great movie. I'm not really sure which was my fave, but it sounds like a good enough candidate to me.

Oh, I also saw American History X tonite. Powerful stuff.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 01-23-2010, 12:09 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, Up is a great movie. I'm not really sure which was my fave, but it sounds like a good enough candidate to me.

Oh, I also saw American History X tonite. Powerful stuff.
Don't you go around curb stomping people..

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

or get ass raped.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got an interesting movie night watching Up, The Road and Up in the Air.

The Road was quite a good flick and has the ever so sexy Viggo, but still falls behind the other two by a considerable margin. Both Up and Up in the Air were fantastic, and I'm really too tired to elaborate.

Moon scheduled for tomorrow. As well as maybe The Hurt Locker and/or The Informant!.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:01 AM    (permalink
fondoffilm
Rookie

fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
I just got an interesting movie night watching Up, The Road and Up in the Air.

The Road was quite a good flick and has the ever so sexy Viggo, but still falls behind the other two by a considerable margin. Both Up and Up in the Air were fantastic, and I'm really too tired to elaborate.

Moon scheduled for tomorrow. As well as maybe The Hurt Locker and/or The Informant!.
Up is indeed fantastic but Up in the Air? I just don't get it. Good, sure, but this Reitman lovefest is getting out of hand. Not singling you out in particular, of course.

Moon is pretty solid. Dying to see The Road and The Hurt Locker.
fondoffilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:33 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really liked Up in the Air. I can see why not everyone would, but I really enjoyed it.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

finally saw Blind side today and I thought it was incredible.Sandra Bullock's preformance was incredible IMO
Old 01-23-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChu View Post

Very nice list. I haven't seen them all yet and it's way too early for me to make a top 10 list, but my top 5 has some great movies (IMO). I've only seen 5 films your list, but I'm dying to see A Serious Man. D9 was the only one of the five I didn't like.

2. Inglorious Basterds - 9/10 - #4 right now

3. Moon - 10/10 - Tied for #1 right now

4. The Hurt Locker - 10/10 - Tied for #1 right now

7. Observe and Report - 9/10 - #5 right now

I watched Moon and then watched it again immediatley after the credits rolled. The Prestige is the only other movie that made me do that.

Rockwell exceeded expectations and since I knew so little about it (Rockwell by himself on the moon and that's about it), the surprises made it so much better. A wonderful movie about discovery and an incredibly intimate film that does a great job of adding humanity to Rockwell's character. Great score from Mansell and incredibly original (much more so than D9). I don't know how this isn't getting a ton of Oscar buzz (Rockwell performance, score and writing at the very least), must remind voters of 2001 too much, and since it's exceedingly better, probably getting shafted for that very reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote