Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-23-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
fondoffilm
Rookie

fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.
Default 2009 Top Ten

I have yet to see The Road, The Hurt Locker, A Single Man, Crazy Heart, An Education, The White Ribbon, In the Loop, and several others.

10) World's Greatest Dad

-Pleasant surprise, one of my personal favorites of the year. Robin Williams is just untouchable. Unique and refreshing.

9) The Hangover

-Best pure comedy of the year. Galifianakis steals the show, but all four guys worked well together. Quite actually one of the funniest films I have ever seen.

8) Where the Wild Things Are

-A film with many layers, perhaps misunderstood. Not a typical 'family film,' perhaps not a family film at all. One thing is certain: Spike Jonze succeeded.

7) Fantastic Mr. Fox

-Dazzling visually, maybe the best work Anderson has done. Another worthy children's book adaptation.

6) Moon

-The Sam Rockwell Show. Great performance. And the decidedly friendlier version of HAL was a nice touch as well. The film takes an interesting turn at the midway point, and is well directed by Bowie's kid.

5) (500) Days of Summer

-A unique film that rings true. Definitely an unconventional romantic comedy, a true breath of fresh air. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is a rising star.

4) A Serious Man

-You don't have to be Jewish to appreciate this film! It has that familiar Coen Brothers feel to it, and a conclusion that not everyone will embrace. Hilarious at times with several fantastic performances. About what you'd expect from Ethan and Joel.

3) Inglourious Basterds

-Years of anticipation and it finally arrived! And it certainly delivered. Tarantino returns to form with this highly entertaining, original film and essentially introduces Christoph Waltz. Hans Landa has to be regarded as one of Tarantino's best creations.

2) Up

-Up is undeniable. In my estimation, the finest animated movie of all time. Heartbreaking, hilarious, adorable, triumphant. It's something for everyone. And who doesn't love Dug?

1) District 9

-Sleeper hit indeed. Not quite what I had expected after having seen the previews, but that's probably a good thing. Sharlto Copley did a tremendous job with Wikus. Blomkamp's direction was absolutely fantastic, I can't wait to see what the guy does next (please don't let it be Halo!). The best science fiction picture in years.
fondoffilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:36 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10. A Serious Man
9. District 9
8. The Fantastic Mr Fox
7. The Hurt Locker
6. Moon
5. Star Trek
4. Adventureland
3. The Hangover
2. Inglorious Basterds
1. 500 Days Of Summer
Old 01-23-2010, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Inglorious Basterds
2. Avatar
3. Up
4. Up in the Air
5. The Hurt Locker
6. Moon
7. Where the Wild Things Are
8. 500 Days of Summer
9. District 9
10. Star Trek

There, it is better than all of yours because it doesn't have The Hangover or Observe and Report.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Hangover is greatly overrated. It was funny. It was not greatly funny. It's a decent movie, and that's it, for me.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might as well post my current top ten. Once I watch all the movies I want to watch I'll do a full top 20 with pictures, like last year. Still need to see: An Education, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, In the Loop, Invictus, Precious, The Road, A Single Man, and Sunshine Cleaning.

10. Star Trek
9. Up
8. Brothers
7. Watchmen
6. Public Enemies
5. Up in the Air
4. The Hurt Locker
3. Moon
2. (500) Days of Summer
1. Inglorious Basterds
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:52 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd make a top 10 but I don't think I've seen ten movies this year. Top 5!

1. 500 Days of Summer
2. Up
3. District 9
4. Inglorious Basterds
5. Star Trek

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I might as well post my current top ten. Once I watch all the movies I want to watch I'll do a full top 20 with pictures, like last year. Still need to see: An Education, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, In the Loop, Invictus, Precious, The Road, A Single Man, and Sunshine Cleaning.

10. Star Trek
9. Up
8. Brothers
7. Watchmen
6. Public Enemies
5. Up in the Air
4. The Hurt Locker
3. Moon
2. (500) Days of Summer
1. Inglorious Basterds
I forgot about Brothers, that movie was good. Probably in my top 10 over A Serious Man. Invictus was just ok, not really missing anything by not seeing it IMO.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I forgot about Brothers, that movie was good. Probably in my top 10 over A Serious Man. Invictus was just ok, not really missing anything by not seeing it IMO.
Agree with Invictus. Maybe a nice little late night watch if you're bored but there's nothing noteworthy in it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-23-2010, 09:21 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top 25

25. Public Enemies
24. Invictus
23. It's Complicated
22. A Serious Man
21. The Young Victoria
20. Bright Star
19. Up
18. The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus
17. Zombieland
16. Away We Go
15. Moon
14. In the Loop
13. Star Trek
12. The White Ribbon
11. The Damned United
10. Brothers
09. District 9
08. The Hurt Locker
07. Fantastic Mr Fox

06-01. (In alphabetical order, dont wanna ruin my best picture award)

500 Days of Summer
An Education
Inglourious Basterds
The Road
Up in the Air

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think Carey Mulligan needs to win Best Actress as the Academy Awards.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uhhhh anyone see Legion? I might go catch it tonight

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's so many best of and worst of lists...We should work on a "pretty okay" list. Thatd' be tough, but I watched Men Who Stare At Goats the other day. It wasn't anything special but I've seen much worse so, pretty okay.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
There's so many best of and worst of lists...We should work on a "pretty okay" list. Thatd' be tough, but I watched Men Who Stare At Goats the other day. It wasn't anything special but I've seen much worse so, pretty okay.
My top 5 pretty okay list:

1. The Lovely Bones
2. 9
3. Where the Wild Things Are
4. Watchmen
5. Julia

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lovely Bones was definitely pretty okay

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes this is the poster for the movie Rushmore. You smart ass. And the reason I'm posting it is because I finally watched it and its a ******* awesome movie.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post

Yes this is the poster for the movie Rushmore. You smart ass. And the reason I'm posting it is because I finally watched it and its a ******* awesome movie.
Awww I was so prepared to say something.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-23-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Awww I was so prepared to say something.
Haha. Brodeur, I knew I'd get you.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** me sideways, just put it together that the lovely Olivia Williams is both the main girl in Rushmore and the best character on the soon to be dead Dollhouse.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched it. Robin Williams was great as was the script. I strongly suggest it
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still have at least 12-15 movies to watch for the awards season, despite watching like 5 or 6 over the last 3 days. Guess I started a bit late.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Darksider
Rookie

Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.

So i watched three movies tonight.

The Invention of Lying - Decent movie. Gervais is a genius and Louis C.K. = My Hero. Had it's moments, i LOL'd a good bit.

Terminator Salvation - WAY better than i expected. Seeing the Arnold terminator was cool. Decent plot. Actually a lot less explosions than i expected..

Moon - Confusing at first until you get the twist. I do have a question though.

Darksider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Darksider
Rookie

Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.Darksider is so money.

thanks Todd.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:35 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Darksider
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post