Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-24-2010, 07:47 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
CCB you must completely avoid Sin Nombre at all costs. It has SUBTITLES.
Ccb fun fact: 2 of my top 3 movies are foriegn. Those being city of god (all time fav) and oldboy.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:49 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Ccb fun fact: 2 of my top 3 movies are foriegn. Those being city of god (all time fav) and oldboy.
That fact wasn't very fun but City of God is my All Time fave too! Omg we have soooooo much in common :) Do you like sports?
Old 01-24-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Y Tu Mama Tambien?

Side note, I miss Surf Ninjas. That movie rocked my world as a young'n, and I always dreamed I could control ninjas with my GameGear the way young kid did.

Last edited by Whistler6 : 01-24-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Y Tu Mama Tambien is incredibly overrated, but I still liked it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:20 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched The Informant, Brothers, and The Fantastic Mr. Fox in the last 2 days

Brothers is my 2nd favorite movie of this year behind Basterds and The Fantastic Mr. Fox is top 5

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Watched The Informant, Brothers, and The Fantastic Mr. Fox in the last 2 days

Brothers is my 2nd favorite movie of this year behind Basterds and The Fantastic Mr. Fox is top 5
I've been wanting to see it for a while now, but I just faced a bowl and I'm going to turn on FMF. Wooo.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude, hurt locker was soooo overrated. Like there was no action at all, seriously what kind of a war movie is that? NO ACTION? so dumb, I cant believe I wasted my time on such a boring movie.

Just kidding. Hurt locker was my favorite movie so far this year, and Moon would be in my top 5 most likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I think Y Tu Mama Tambien is incredibly overrated, but I still liked it.
Oh God yeah, I was being sarcastic. Why this movie is so critically acclaimed is beyond me. There is no deeper meaning, no hidden message...It is purely an erotic road trip with a dying woman and 2 friends who find out they are *** for each in the end. Simple.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel the same way about Oldboy, I was so dissapointed with the ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:00 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know what ending I didnt like? Julia. Swinton was pretty amazing, and would be a lock for a best actress nomination if the movie was put out by someone who had money to support it and push for her nomination.

Anyway, really didnt like the ending. Pretty good movie up until then, though.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:54 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I feel the same way about Oldboy, I was so dissapointed with the ending.
Don't you dare speak ill of Oldboy, or its insanely ****** up ending!
Old 01-25-2010, 01:48 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So awesomely enjoyable.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 01-25-2010, 01:50 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved that movie...

/\ 'based on the book by the author of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory'? Are you kidding, people still know who Roald Dahl is.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:54 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here, put this bandit hat on.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't you dare speak ill of Oldboy, or its insanely ****** up ending!
By ****** up you mean insanely hot.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:02 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
So awesomely enjoyable.
Just got finished watching this actually. It had perhaps had the strangest pacing of any Wes Anderson movie, but it managed to pull it off. Really entertaining.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:06 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally got around to watching Moon and......it was ******* awesome. Great concept, amazing performance by Rockwell. I was blown away.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:11 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was talked into watching Orphan. Even though, I already knew the horrible plot twist and everything, and had no interest in it. Anyway, I laughed more than anything but yeah, it sucked.

Two things I can take away from this movie.

1. Vera Farmiga is still hot.

2. The little girl who plays their birth daughter, Max, is the most adorable little kid I've ever seen. She melts your heart. haha. I kind of feel bad that she had to be in such a graphically violent movie. And I normally hate child actors.

It's funny, though...you look at that girl's IMDB page and every single topic is about how cute she is.

But anyway, the movie sucked and I'm not surprised.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-25-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was talked into watching Orphan. Even though, I already knew the horrible plot twist and everything, and had no interest in it. Anyway, I laughed more than anything but yeah, it sucked.

Two things I can take away from this movie.

1. Vera Farmiga is still hot.

2. The little girl who plays their birth daughter, Max, is the most adorable little kid I've ever seen. She melts your heart. haha. I kind of feel bad that she had to be in such a graphically violent movie. And I normally hate child actors.

It's funny, though...you look at that girl's IMDB page and every single topic is about how cute she is.

But anyway, the movie sucked and I'm not surprised.
I always thought 11 was the lowest age you went but I suppose it's 8. To each their own.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just wondering if people could explain why they love 500 Days of Summer so much. I thought there were no fantastic performances although Geoffrey Arend was pretty funny. I really didn't find either of the main characters to be likable or complex in any way. I get that Zooey Deshcanel's character wasn't supposed to be likable but I really didn't find her all that intriguing either. While clever at places, I thought the writing was nothing special. I neither laughed nor felt genuine emotion throughout the film. And I'm not the type that hates romantic comedies/chick flicks, quite the contrary actually. Basically I'm just curious what other people saw in this movie that I found to be incredibly average.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I was just wondering if people could explain why they love 500 Days of Summer so much. I thought there were no fantastic performances although Geoffrey Arend was pretty funny. I really didn't find either of the main characters to be likable or complex in any way. I get that Zooey Deshcanel's character wasn't supposed to be likable but I really didn't find her all that intriguing either. While clever at places, I thought the writing was nothing special. I neither laughed nor felt genuine emotion throughout the film. And I'm not the type that hates romantic comedies/chick flicks, quite the contrary actually. Basically I'm just curious what other people saw in this movie that I found to be incredibly average.
Aside from JGL and Zooey's respective awesomeness, I really liked how the movie was done. The day-counter screen and the non-chronological sequence of events, among other things, made the movie much more enjoyable than if it were shown in order. All of that and I was looking forward to seeing it once I heard about it last summer.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 01-25-2010, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

The Hurt Locker was everything JarHead could have/should have been. Don't get me wrong, I think JarHead was a solid movie but Hurt Locker portrays the emotions, adrenaline, anxiety, stress, emptiness etc in a way that not movies have ever been able to.

Really great performance by the 3 lead actors. There's not much joy to bed had in a movie like this, but it definitely defines the word "real". Worthy of all the accolades and nominations.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:37 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
I thought it was an incredibly genuine movie, and a very real portrayal of that sort of relationship. For anyone who has even had unrequited feelings for someone, its a movie that hits very close to home. At least it was for me. Not to mention, nowadays, every single ******* romantic comedy is the EXACT SAME FORMULA, and this was refreshingly original. Great acting by the two leads, especially JGL, who has really come into his own. Great script, I actually went back and read it after seeing the movie, and its excellently done. Its has worked its way into my personal Top 10 and I havent loved a rom com like that since Eternal Sunshine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I always thought 11 was the lowest age you went but I suppose it's 8. To each their own.
You're a sick man.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-25-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're a sick man.
Right. 11 is by far too old.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote