Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-25-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn pedos...haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
The Hurt Locker was everything JarHead could have/should have been. Don't get me wrong, I think JarHead was a solid movie but Hurt Locker portrays the emotions, adrenaline, anxiety, stress, emptiness etc in a way that not movies have ever been able to.

Really great performance by the 3 lead actors. There's not much joy to bed had in a movie like this, but it definitely defines the word "real". Worthy of all the accolades and nominations.
I think Jarhead is an incredibly underrated film. Most people complain about everything that ISN'T in Jarhead. "There's no action!" or (fill in the blank) "There's none of _______. Why wasn't _____ in there?" or "It could have been so much better if they ______."

Jarhead is a phenomenal character study and my favorite Jake Gyllenhaal performance (Really, the one I like... Donnie Darko was solid, but not noteworthy). There wasn't much action in the Gulf War. I thought it was an accurate depiction. I think it's similar to the first half of Full Metal Jacket, but not so over-the-top and much more grounded in realism. Showing how the preparations of war can drive someone to the place that Swofford ends up, without actually killing, or even getting close enough to see an enemy, is pretty hard to pull off, and it certainly isn't for anyone. That kind of boredom, which is what Jarhead depicts... the waiting for battle becomes so gruesome that he would rather just fight and die and get it over with instead of continue waiting in the desert. At least he would have a clean conscience.

There are some truly great scenes and the cinematography is amazing. Sarsgaard was miscast, but it was an otherwise flawless film.

By far my two favorite war films of the decade, but The Hurt Locker is much more entertaining, and probably slightly better because of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:53 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peter Sarsgaard is never miscast. The man can play anyone.

That said, between that post and your Moon one several pages back, you have actually said 2 things that aren't completely ********. I am a big fan of both Gyllenhaal and Jarhead, and I agree its a beautifully shot film and I know many of the complaints regarding the film stem from its lack of political commentary, but I don't think that it detracts from the film at all. Not to mention, the first 20 minutes of that film are absolutely spectacular.

Im actually watching The Hurt Locker as we speak for the second time. Awesomely tense movie, and Jeremy Renner rocks this role. He could definitely play Captain America or Hawkeye with no complaint from me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'm going to watch State of Play some time today. Seems like all the reviews from you guys are pretty much the same. So, I'm expecting a decent to good movie, nothing earth shattering.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-25-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking forward to this one.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Peter Sarsgaard is never miscast. The man can play anyone.
He could play the Lindbergh baby?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:28 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched this for the first time and it blew my mindhole. Im still very confused as to what happened, but the film itself was excellent.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved Primer

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:02 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I really liked it as well...I havent seen it in a long ass time, though. IFC used to always show it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-26-2010, 02:02 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen Primer twice now and I still don't think I understand the timeline exactly. I think I can nail it down the next time I watch it, but it seems likely that I'll be intoxicated at that time, so who knows?

But yeah, Primer is an awesome movie.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:10 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What should I watch tonight. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang or The Host. I have to confess, I haven't seen either.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:13 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

KKBB! But The Host is awesome too.
Quote:
Old 01-26-2010, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Host. Right now.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:21 AM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I've just watched Away We Go and am baffled by how little praise and consideration that movie is getting. I have laughed more watching this than I remember laughing in a movie for a long ass time. Love story that isn't cliché at all, and we finally get to see some characters that actually truly love one another without problems other than working life out. Performances by both lead actors were pretty damn good too. Away We Go has climbed way up in my favorite movies of this year.

Last edited by Job : 01-26-2010 at 02:25 AM.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:23 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
So I've just watched Away We Go and am baffled by how little praise and consideration that movie is getting. I have laughed more watching this than I remember laughing in a movie for a long ass time. Love story that isn't cliché at all, and we finally get to see some characters in that actually truly love one another without problems other than working life out. Performances by both lead actors were pretty damn good too. Away We Go has climbed way up in my favorite movies of this year.
It got nominated for a Best Picture Musical/Comedy at the Canuck Awards!
Quote:
Old 01-26-2010, 02:24 AM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It got nominated for a Best Picture Musical/Comedy at the Canuck Awards!
I like you. <3
Old 01-26-2010, 02:25 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I like you. <3
It didn't win though. :(
Quote:
Old 01-26-2010, 02:28 AM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It didn't win though. :(
Well considering (500) Days of Summer won it, I can't bother. By the way how is Sherlock Holmes a comedy/musical?
Old 01-26-2010, 02:34 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally got around to watching it. Thought it was very well done. Casey Affleck was great in his role.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:39 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well considering (500) Days of Summer won it, I can't bother. By the way how is Sherlock Holmes a comedy/musical?
Thats where it has been listed in all the awards show. i just went with it.
Quote:
Old 01-26-2010, 02:42 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with The Host. I got a few minutes in and I realized that it was all voice overs. I can't watch a movies with a voice over. I need the damn SUBTITLES! Or should I just try not to let it bother me and watch it with the voice overs.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:49 AM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Don't get the subtitles, they'll ruin the actors' performances...
Old 01-26-2010, 02:50 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Don't get the subtitles, they'll ruin the actors' performances...
Hahaha. That was such a ridiculous argument.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:07 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I went with The Host. I got a few minutes in and I realized that it was all voice overs. I can't watch a movies with a voice over. I need the damn SUBTITLES! Or should I just try not to let it bother me and watch it with the voice overs.
If it's a DVD just go into the main menu and go into subtitles/audio and you should be able to fix it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:25 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So I've just watched Away We Go and am baffled by how little praise and consideration that movie is getting. I have laughed more watching this than I remember laughing in a movie for a long ass time. Love story that isn't cliché at all, and we finally get to see some characters that actually truly love one another without problems other than working life out. Performances by both lead actors were pretty damn good too. Away We Go has climbed way up in my favorite movies of this year.
Agree, really liked that movie.

I had it #16 on the year at ***3/4 (out of *****)

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote