Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-26-2010, 12:13 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
So I've just watched Away We Go and am baffled by how little praise and consideration that movie is getting. I have laughed more watching this than I remember laughing in a movie for a long ass time. Love story that isn't cliché at all, and we finally get to see some characters that actually truly love one another without problems other than working life out. Performances by both lead actors were pretty damn good too. Away We Go has climbed way up in my favorite movies of this year.
I absolutely adored Away We Go. Very cute, very funny. I actually preferred it to (500) Days of Summer. It's far from perfect, but I've seen it multiple times and I just love it.

(500) Days of Summer was "just" really good to me. I loved how it was done. It's very likable, JGL is great, the direction is good - but I never got that great feeling with it.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I absolutely adored Away We Go. Very cute, very funny. I actually preferred it to (500) Days of Summer. It's far from perfect, but I've seen it multiple times and I just love it.

(500) Days of Summer was "just" really good to me. I loved how it was done. It's very likable, JGL is great, the direction is good - but I never got that great feeling with it.
I really liked both these films. I loved John Krasinski in Away We Go.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last couple conversations FTW. Loved both Primer and Away We go
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WORLDWIDE GROSSES

Rank Title Studio Worldwide Domestic / % Overseas / % Year^
1 Avatar Fox $1,858.9 $555.0 29.9% $1,303.9 70.1% 2009
2 Titanic Par. $1,843.2 $600.8 32.6% $1,242.4 67.4% 1997
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I really liked both these films. I loved John Krasinski in Away We Go.
See I guess I'm in the minority here. I thought both tried so hard to be great, had so much potential, but ultimately fell flat. In Away We Go, I though John Krasinski, Allison Janey, and Jim Gaffigan were really good, but the movie itself just really didn't do it for me. The Scene on the trampoline really cemented the movie as trying to be great but only achieving average results.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Away We Go was ******* hilarious. I haven't laughed that hard in theaters since I saw Pineapple Express stoned.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
Away We Go was ******* hilarious. I haven't laughed that hard in theaters since I saw Pineapple Express stoned.
Being a The Office fan, it was refreshing to see John Krasinski play a completely different character. I loved Away We Go. I'm sick of critics telling me what movies are good and what aren't. I thought the humor throughout the movie was excellent, and I laughed and cringed from start to finish.

I'm glad John K left the beard at the set though.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:29 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way. I wish I looked like Burt Farlander.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Saw An Education today. Good stuff with some great performances.

Mulligan was fantastic. I enjoyed her very much. A fresh face to me, and she gave one of the best performances of the year.

Molina was wonderful, as expected.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching one of my favourite movies right now. I Heart Huckabees.

******* awesome movie
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:52 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I just watched Kurt and Courtney for the first time in a long time. I'm not sure who is more despicable Courtney Love or her father. Still a good doc, even though there is too much love for Cobain. They all act like he had no say in his own life.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Lock Stock was just on and reminded how much I love Guy Ritchie.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Saw An Education today. Good stuff with some great performances.

Mulligan was fantastic. I enjoyed her very much. A fresh face to me, and she gave one of the best performances of the year.

Molina was wonderful, as expected.
An Education was fantastic. Went above and beyond my expectations.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:38 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw "Employee of the Month" with Matt Dillon and Steve Zahn.

Really good but really predictable at the end.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Terminator 2" is starting. My favorite of the series (the storyline isn't as good as the first one, but the special effects are 2nd to none).

I never get tired of this movie.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you don't like Terminator 2 than you're just a straight asshole.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just watched Precious, and it was everything I was hoping any more

I am probably the only person on this forum who has read Push and this movie was dead on. I loved it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whether Date Night will be funny or not I'm not sure, but I do know the cast is freak'n awesome.

---> Steve Carell, Tina Fey, James Franco, Mark Wahlberg, Kristen Wiig, AND Mila Kunis

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:22 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone ever see Fantastic Planet?? Such an incredible work of art
Old 01-28-2010, 12:40 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post

Whether Date Night will be funny or not I'm not sure, but I do know the cast is freak'n awesome.

---> Steve Carell, Tina Fey, James Franco, Mark Wahlberg, Kristen Wiig, AND Mila Kunis
and it has Jimmi Simpson in it.......a McPoyle!! for those Always Sunny fans like myself!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:20 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know I'm probably going to get ripped for this but I was disappointed in the 40 Year Old Virgin. It had its moments but for me most of the movie was pretty meh.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:40 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I know I'm probably going to get ripped for this but I was disappointed in the 40 Year Old Virgin. It had its moments but for me most of the movie was pretty meh.
Seth Rogen was gold in that movie.

I know he didn't say this, but "Let's get some ******' french toast."

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:22 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I thought it was a bit long.

Watched Antichrist yesterday. What a ****** up movie
Old 01-28-2010, 03:28 AM    (permalink
DDP711
Rookie

DDP711 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DDP711 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Watching one of my favourite movies right now. I Heart Huckabees.

******* awesome movie
man that is a great movie!!!
DDP711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:05 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 01-28-2010 at 05:07 AM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote