Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-15-2010, 03:02 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do agree that a lot of effects driven movies are bad. Looking at my lists, most of the effects movies are 3 stars are below. But I just dont think Avatar is comparable to most of those. Its a totally different animal to me.

Its one of the only movies of the sort that, pardon the cheesiness, transported me into its world. A lot of how I judge a movie is the feeling im left with when its over. There are a LOT of movies that I just sit there and shrug at, most movies in fact. But this was one of the few that I actually had jitters after. It was so enthralling that a comment from a friend during the movie had me do a double take before I could pull my eyes off of it. I wanted to punch her for disrupting it after I had realized how utterly into the movie I had been without noticing it. I cant tell you how unbelievably rare it is for me to have that feeling during a movie.

So youll have to forgive me for being a bit protective of it.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:57 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just finished Gamer. Yeeeeah. I wouldnt say I hated the whole thing but, it was just a strange ass movie with a bunch of weird for the sake of weird bologna, a piss poor script, and zero substance or structure. There really wasnt much there. It was messy. Anyway, I still love Butler and Michael C Hall. I couldnt help but smile whenever Dexter stepped on the screen. :D I dont know why he wanted in on this movie, though. He was still pretty hilarious throughout. I didnt even like his character but, he still could have used some more face time. But anyway, movie was pretty meh overall. I mean, I'd watch it again but, it's not like I'm in a hurry to do so. If MCH isnt in this movie, I'm sure I would have been much harsher.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:55 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
And BF, the argument was much less about the money and more about the fact that special effects can be just as vital to a film as dialogue or acting. To think otherwise, especially when talking about a movie like Avatar thats 50% CGI, is stupid.
Vital in terms of what? It would help if you actually established some parameters to your argument (which comahan did btw) instead of simply telling him how dumb he is.

I've never even ******* seen Avatar. I watch almost everything on Netflix unless my fiance wants to go to the theatre, and she had tons of friends to watch it with.

My point, rather, is that really the only established criteria for what makes a movie good so far (money) was a really bad one. I take almost no stance on the issue, I'm just telling you that you're actually making his argument look good by stomping your feet when he doesn't agree with you and calling him names.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 02-15-2010 at 11:47 AM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Disclaimer, since im sure youll point out again that everyone who likes Avatar is only of that opinion because theyre riding Cameron's dick; I dont like any of his movies except T2.
This should get you banned from life. Aliens > you.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:54 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
This should get you banned from life. Aliens > you.
Its hard to like a movie that you havent seen in like 10 years :D

Old 02-15-2010, 12:00 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My initial impression after seeing Avatar is that it was pretty good, though I was bored as **** at parts. Since then, without seeing it again, I'll admit that my opinion of it has gone way down pretty much because of its popularity/Oscar hype. That's not really fair to it.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:47 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got to watch It Might Get Loud for the first time last night. Thought it was very enjoyable and I would recommend it to anyone who's into guitar or music in general.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chase was on last night, with Charlie Sheen. It's one of my guilty pleasure movies. I know it's bad. I just can't help myself for liking it.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didnt neg rep for you a differing opinion, Brent doesnt like Avatar, PL doesnt like it either, so on and so forth.
I don't dislike it, I just don't think it's best picture worthy.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched the unrated trailer for Cop Out. I won't see it in the theater, but i will definitely rent it and probably laugh my ass off.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any bruce willis movie is a safe bet to be entertaining. tracy morgan looks funny in the trailers too.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dont like any of his movies except T2.
Not even The Abyss? :(
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comaham
I didnt neg rep for you a differing opinion, Brent doesnt like Avatar, PL doesnt like it either, so on and so forth.
I'm one of the most prominent dislikers of it on the board, probably THE most.

I'm ashamed of you, commie :(

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched The Express... it one word: Hollywood.

I was really disappointed with it. Going in I didn't realize I would be watching a completely unoriginal movie regarding racism and having little to actually do with Ernie Davis. The overly dramatic racism and fights and personal fouls and late hits and corrupted officiating has already been done in sports movies made about the first black [insert position here]. The writing is just so bad and so forced.

"But Mr. Official, Sir, I crossed the goal line."

"Boy, you best get back in that huddle before I throw a flag on yo black ass."

The writing is simply awful, cliched and influenced beyond originality. Some bad acting as well, but Quaid has a lot of face time so that was expected. The guy who played Jim Brown... what an awful casting choice. Didn't look a damn thing like him. I was not expecting to roll my eyes throughout the entire movie. I thought this was going to be a sports movie. It wasn't. It was entirely political and dull.

The last 15 minutes are the only part of the movie worth while, because it momentarily stops concerning itself with racism and has something to do with how Davis's life came to a tragic end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post

I'm ashamed of you for not having seen Casablanca.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post

But youre a fellow lotr fanboy! So that makes up for it.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched Miss March..awful movie but there aren't words to explain my love for Craig Robinson
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Just watched Miss March..awful movie but there aren't words to explain my love for Craig Robinson
If there were, I would of written him a beautiful love poem long ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Surrogates > Avatar

lulz

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:01 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Finally saw Crazy Heart and loved it. It was basically 2009's "The Wrestler". Bridges is the man.

Last edited by comahan : 02-16-2010 at 05:09 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:27 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just watched Zombieland. I loved it, thought it was hilarious. And yeah, even I have to admit Emma Stone was pretty hot in this one. And I've never thought she was all that great looking. I still hate her voice. I'm a noted Eisenberg fan, the kid is always the same character, but it works.

Oh and I was just reading up on some reviews afterward, since I always like to compare. Best one I read....

Quote:
"The film involves such gratuitous, juicy spatter, Dexter Morgan would have a field day"

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

WE NEED YOUR VOTES PEOPLE! Please go vote. Theres a few damn good movie ideas on this list.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38660

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38661

Old 02-16-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
WE NEED YOUR VOTES PEOPLE! Please go vote. Theres a few damn good movie ideas on this list.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38660

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38661
A movie strictly about Voldemort would be ******* epic.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
A movie strictly about Voldemort would be ******* epic.
Shameless you are.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:42 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
Shameless you are.
I have thought this ever since I read Half Blood Prince.