Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-25-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

APS mostly summed up my feelings on it. Good in pretty much every aspect, but never any special feeling for it. I mostly appreciated the acting. Kingsley, especially.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Yeah, I never said it wasn't a good movie. But after the fantastic trailer and the sort of hype it received, I had high expectations, not all of which were met. Kind of like Where the Wild Things Are earlier last year. A very good movie, but I did think Id like it more.

I should probably let it marinate a little more though.
No, I agree that it didn't live up to my expectations either(it was my most anticipated movie of the year) and I don't think it was necessarily great, but it was still very good. Like you said great acting and all that, but it was definitely lacking something. That being said, I realize that Scorcese was outside of his element. I just don't like when people compare it to his other works, but I suppose it's just natural.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey I'm not the only one who thinks Session 9 is awesome!

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Hey I'm not the only one who thinks Session 9 is awesome!
No! I do too! We really are meant to be together!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Let's not stretch things. Maybe I'll just stop harrassing you.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-25-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You shut your filthy ******* mouth! Brodie's mine.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:32 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
You shut your filthy ******* mouth! Brodie's mine.
You can come too.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can come too.
You take back your words or I find new torture ways just for you.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can come too.
I always come.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched Boondock Saints 2.

It really sucked. The dialogue seemed forced and annoying. The new detective was annoying too. The last hour of the movie was significantly better than than the 1st one. However, given the ending I wouldn't be against a third one.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Just watched Boondock Saints 2.

It really sucked. The dialogue seemed forced and annoying. The new detective was annoying too. The last hour of the movie was significantly better than than the 1st one. However, given the ending I wouldn't be against a third one.
Please do no suggest anymore Boondock Saints movies.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-25-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Please do no suggest anymore Boondock Saints movies.
seriously. 2 was acceptable but I feel the boondock saints is overrated. it's an all right movie but I dont see the ridiculous hype behind it, and I even liked it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
All the schtick about Krasinski as Captain America is purely rumor at this point. They tested about 6 actors for the role yesterday, including one kid from The OC and one from Friday Night Lights, along with Mike Vogel of Cloverfield fame, who was the #2 choice to play Kirk in the rebooted Star Trek.

I personally still think Aaron Eckhart is perfect, but I guess I dont get to cast the movie :(
Yeah, they're def. going young here. I didnt even know some of these guys so, I had to look them up.

Quote:
Those known to be on the list with Krasinski include Michael Cassidy (who appeared in "Smallvile" and who tested for the Superman movie when McG was going to direct it), Patrick Flueger (one of the stars of " The 4400 " who most recently appeared in the Tobey Maguire movie " Brothers "), Scott Porter (TV's " Friday Night Lights "), Wilson Bethel (" Generation Kill ") and Mike Vogel (" Cloverfield ").

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:21 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Of those candidates, I like Vogel the best. I believe they are going way too young with the role, and the character should be more geared towards an early 30's sort of guy. Nathan Fillion also comes to mind, along with Aaron Eckhart. I also didnt mind the rumors of Mark Valley and Alexander Skarsgaard, although the latter probably should of been Thor.
Quote:
Old 02-25-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Since Scott Porter's name got mentioned, I'll throw in the guy that played the reformed him in Speed Racer in Matthew Fox for Captain America.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-25-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Captain America is blonde! Matthew Fox would be a terrible Captain America. Angular face lacks the necessary chin. You lose all credibility that you gained from Session 9 love.
Quote:
Old 02-25-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Vogel well, but isnt he like 5'10? I cant say I know anything about Captain America but, if I had to guess...I would have thought he was taller than that.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Captain America is blonde! Matthew Fox would be a terrible Captain America. Angular face lacks the necessary chin. You lose all credibility that you gained from Session 9 love.
And Nathan Fillion became a blond when...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-25-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Pfffft he could be blonde. Fox just does not look like Steve Rogers. Fillion definitely does.
Quote:
Old 02-25-2010, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Nathan Fillion <3
Old 02-25-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Fox can handle badass roles, so he can handle a pansy ass role like Steve Rogers.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-25-2010, 10:30 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

First off, its Captain America. Hes a badass. Secondly, Fox could not be him. One of the 4 I mentioned should be.
Quote:
Old 02-25-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

You want to play it that way? Captain America SHOULD really be...

**** YEAH.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-25-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate John Cena the actor.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I hate John Cena.
That's better.