Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-25-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
That's better.
Well I'm not a big fan of WWE, and he seems like he's popular but I can't comment on that cuz i don't like it. I know I like movies though, and I know I don't like John Cena in them.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really care for Cena but I hate APS so it works for me to pick Cena.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HUSTLE.

LOYALTY.

RESPECT.

RANDOM TAGLINES TO PUT ON SHIRTS THAT I NEVER USE IN PROMOS.

Cha cha.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:40 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched From Paris With Love, and it was a huge surprise. Wildly entertaining. John Travolta is just awesome, and Rhys Myers does a good job as his straight laced partner. Really good way to kill an hour and a half, just fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Just watched From Paris With Love, and it was a huge surprise. Wildly entertaining. John Travolta is just awesome, and Rhys Myers does a good job as his straight laced partner. Really good way to kill an hour and a half, just fun.
That is pretty surprising, I figured that would be a duff.

Every time I see the preview for that Tracy Morgan/Bruce Willis movie I want to puke.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:00 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From Paris with Love was AWESOME

Travolta is the man, seriously, such a fun movie

Old 02-26-2010, 02:15 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was it actually comedic? They originally marketed it as more of a serious movie and then they came out with a "funny" trailer, which made it look like an entirely different movie. It still didnt look any good, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:21 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
No, I agree that it didn't live up to my expectations either(it was my most anticipated movie of the year) and I don't think it was necessarily great, but it was still very good. Like you said great acting and all that, but it was definitely lacking something. That being said, I realize that Scorcese was outside of his element. I just don't like when people compare it to his other works, but I suppose it's just natural.
I hate when people say this about Scorsese. Out of his element? Was his element boxing? Some people think he revolutionized how boxing scenes were made. It is widely considered one of the greatest movies ever made. The only thing, Raging Bull isn't a boxing movie. It's a character study of a boxer.

That's what Scorsese does. Character studies, the vast majority are character studies, and Shutter Island is no different. I went and seen it again today and after sitting on it / seeing it again, and literally not being able to watch another movie will my full attention since I last seen it on opening night because I haven't been able to stop thinking about it, I know consider this a masterpiece and a flawless film. Not only is this on par with some of Scorsese best, but it's one of the best films of the last decade. This movie has made me think about it more than any other film I've ever seen. Like I said after I first saw it... the best finale I've seen in any movie. The last 40 minutes are impeccable.

The movie was marketed poorly as a movie that it isn't. The twist really isn't surprising and people have an issue with the predictability, and then they simply blame Scorsese for being out of his genre since he doesn't know how to handle a film with a twist. The movie isn't about the twist and is entirely about Teddy Daniels . I watched the guys review the film from At the Movies and Michael Phillips said, "It's like Scorsese doesn't know how to keep a secret and he just doesn't know how to handle this kind of material." I was thinking, "Wow, one of my favorite critics just missed the entire point of the movie."

***SPOILERS AHEAD TO SHUTTER ISLAND***

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by comahan : 02-26-2010 at 08:41 AM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:14 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Was it actually comedic? They originally marketed it as more of a serious movie and then they came out with a "funny" trailer, which made it look like an entirely different movie. It still didnt look any good, though.
Travolta was pretty comedic. Have you seen Shoot Em Up? Its like that. Purposely over the top and just awesomely entertaining.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Every time I see the preview for that Tracy Morgan/Bruce Willis movie I want to puke.
Me too. Tracy Morgan was on the Daily Show yesterday supposedly hyping it but all he did was stereotype schtick, like his 30 Rock character, so annoying & unfunny. Their movie got a 1-star * review, avoid at all costs, it will lose more $ than Gigli.

And Bruce Willis has been playing the same ******* character in all his films since Last Boy Scout & bad cop John McClane from Die Hard, no range in his acting whatever -- it's gotten beyond old by now, it's rotten & rancid. Like he's reliving his Die Hard success too often & beating that dead horse. You could argue his role in 6th Sense was a departure, but there was a lot of the Willis/McClane cynical insolent rogue there too.

Hard to think he & Morgan can be sold to public as a buddy team for a rogue cop movie like some producer sold this hackneyed idea to a studio, can't you hear it now? "We'll sign Willis for this -- he's box office!!" What's that they say about the best laid plans.....

Quote:
That's what Scorsese does. Character studies, the vast majority are character studies, and Shutter Island is no different.
+ rep to Banger about Scorsese & character studies, remember the King of Comedy & the vivid Rupert Pupkin flashbacks? And we have already discussed at length the larger than life iconic Amsterdam & Bill the Butcher in GoNY with their development in an epic film, he's doing it again with Shutter Island.

Last edited by LizardState : 02-26-2010 at 10:48 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:17 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Their movie got a 1-star * review
From Paris with Love was **** on my critics too. I loved it, and I know other people (including aps in this thread) that loved it too. Movies like this ALWAYS get crapped on by Critics. If youre going to judge movies by reviews, it definitely should NOT be comedy popcorn flicks, since people have completely different senses of humor and critics typically haaaaaaate those, no matter what.

Quote:
avoid at all costs, it will lose more $ than Gigli.
No... it wont. Not by a LONG shot. Im willing to bet that itll make more money by tomorrow than Gigli did in total. And theyre around the same budget afaik.

Old 02-26-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Travolta was pretty comedic. Have you seen Shoot Em Up? Its like that. Purposely over the top and just awesomely entertaining.
Wasnt a fan of Shoot Em Up but, I'm sure I'll still see this on HBO or something one day.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-27-2010, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shutter island was pretty good, loved the ending and the last few lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:13 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Box was awful.

Saw VI was another piece to the puzzle. Just like the others Saws.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

So if you didnt know, the Nolan Bros. are now attached to the new Super Man re-imagining, Man of Steel. It will be written by David S. Goyer (can be hit or miss) and Chris' brother, Jonah Nolan. No director is attached yet, the Nolan's have just been given creative control. The early report is that it could be Jonah Nolan's directorial debut. So anyway, any early guesses at who plays Super Man? or who you would like to see play him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-27-2010, 02:27 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw The Crazies last night with not all too high of expectations and came away pleasantly surprising. Entertaining flick.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On a whim I went to go see An Education yesterday. Everyone was really good in it (Molina especially), but that ending was monumentally badly executed. I can't help but feel like they were pressured into making some pretty egregious cuts to keep the play-time down and I'd love to see a directors cut get released eventually.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
So if you didnt know, the Nolan Bros. are now attached to the new Super Man re-imagining, Man of Steel. It will be written by David S. Goyer (can be hit or miss) and Chris' brother, Jonah Nolan. No director is attached yet, the Nolan's have just been given creative control. The early report is that it could be Jonah Nolan's directorial debut. So anyway, any early guesses at who plays Super Man? or who you would like to see play him.
Early rumors suggested Routh might get his role back, but its now confirmed that he wont. Which I personally think is a shame. However, Ive also heard a thing or two about Jon Hamm from Mad Men being a frontrunner for the role, but Id imagine they would want to go with someone younger. Matthew Bomer has long been associated with these reboots, but he lost out last time to Routh. Personally, I think Billy Crudup is perfect for the role, but I cant imagine he would want to do it.

I really hope they dont try and make Superman a dark and gritty sort of deal, like Nolan did with Batman. As much as I love those movies, Supes is a different beast altogether and I hope its handled as such.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I couldnt really see Jon Hamm doing it, kind of short and he looks too old, imo. Crudup doesnt have the physical build at all. I'm sure they would stick to that 6'4 muscular type. Like Christopher Reeve, Brandon Routh, and Tom Welling. I'm not too familiar with Bomer. I guess it really depends...they could always make him an everyman but, you risk pissing off many fans if you mess with it too much. So, I think they'll still be looking for a taller, fairly well built, actor.

edit...

I cant say I've seen a lot of his work but, I've seen Henry Cavill's name thrown around a lot.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-27-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alternating between the tsunami and that :

Jumanji !

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
The Box was awful.

Saw VI was another piece to the puzzle. Just like the others Saws.
The Box was one of the worst movies of all time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to nominate Jennifer Lopez as perhaps the most oddly timed SNL Host. Reasoning? Movie hype? Logic? I don't get it.

People say JLO, and I can't think of one big story she's been apart of in the last year aside from perhaps her silver one-zy suit during New Years.

Edit: Oops, I suppose this is probably better in the TV thread.

Last edited by Whistler6 : 02-27-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This was probably posted a long time ago, but anyone else here John Krasinski is the leading candidate to play Captain America?

http://www.joblo.com/paramounts-capt...ative-unknowns

Quote:
UPDATE: Cinematical recieved a tip that Krasinski is almost a sure thing at this point and the other tests were just a formality. If this is true, I honestly can't tell if this will be the best or worst casting decision in supehero history.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:02 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And Bruce Willis has been playing the same ******* character in all his films since Last Boy Scout & bad cop John McClane from Die Hard, no range in his acting whatever -- it's gotten beyond old by now, it's rotten & rancid. Like he's reliving his Die Hard success too often & beating that dead horse. You could argue his role in 6th Sense was a departure, but there was a lot of the Willis/McClane cynical insolent rogue there too.
You must not have seen Pulp Fiction, 12 Monkeys, The Jackal, Armageddon, or the Sixth Sense. All movies after Last Boy Scout/Die Hard and nothing like John McClane. Or The Whole 9/10 Yards. Hell he was the bad guy in The Jackal. Hes just is in a lot of cop movies.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 02-27-2010 at 07:04 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
You must not have seen Pulp Fiction, 12 Monkeys, The Jackal, Armageddon, or the Sixth Sense. All movies after Last Boy Scout/Die Hard and nothing like John McClane. Or The Whole 9/10 Yards. Hell he was the bad guy in The Jackal. Hes just is in a lot of cop movies.
You mention Armageddon and not Unbreakable? FOR SHAME.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote