Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-27-2010, 08:15 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mentioning Armageddon to prove any point other then Michael Bay is awful, Liv Tyler is hot, or Aerosmith is still cool should illicit a "FOR SHAME"
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You mention Armageddon and not Unbreakable? FOR SHAME.
:( That is pretty shameful. I was just naming movies off the top of my head. Bruce Willis is one of my favorite actors (has been since I was a kid).

Awesome Bruce Willis movie that isn't mentioned often. WTB VHS player so I can watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Mentioning Armageddon to prove any point other then Michael Bay is awful, Liv Tyler is hot, or Aerosmith is still cool should illicit a "FOR SHAME"
That's a pretty shameful statement :P Not an Aerosmith fan.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
You must not have seen Pulp Fiction, 12 Monkeys, The Jackal, Armageddon, or the Sixth Sense. All movies after Last Boy Scout/Die Hard and nothing like John McClane. Or The Whole 9/10 Yards. Hell he was the bad guy in The Jackal. Hes just is in a lot of cop movies.
To be fair, Korben Dallas and John McClane were pretty much the same guy. But Bruce Willis still works for me, even though I had no interest in Die Hard sequels or really any movie of his since a few years ago with 16 Blocks/Sin City/Lucky Number Slevin.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
This was probably posted a long time ago, but anyone else here John Krasinski is the leading candidate to play Captain America?

http://www.joblo.com/paramounts-capt...ative-unknowns
Yeah there's quite a few comments about over the past few pages. Me? I'm not sure how I feel about Jim...er...John as Captain America. I think I'm too used to him as sarcastic The Office Jim that it'd be strange to see him in a role like this.

He's a much better actor and has more range than most of his movies would show (IMO), so who knows it could be a solid fit. As long as it's nothing, NOTHING like Leatherheads.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:29 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
So if you didnt know, the Nolan Bros. are now attached to the new Super Man re-imagining, Man of Steel. It will be written by David S. Goyer (can be hit or miss) and Chris' brother, Jonah Nolan. No director is attached yet, the Nolan's have just been given creative control. The early report is that it could be Jonah Nolan's directorial debut. So anyway, any early guesses at who plays Super Man? or who you would like to see play him.
This stud...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:31 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brolin is an awful choice for Supes. Personally, I think hes too old and doesnt have the clean cut sort of vibe required to play The Man of Steel. He just seems so damn villainous all the time.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know who could be Superman? Ryan Reynolds. He can also take Krasinski's part in Captain America.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:40 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Reynolds cant do it cause hes too busy off playing better superheroes like Green Lantern and Deadpool.
Quote:
Old 02-28-2010, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Reynolds cant do it cause hes too busy off playing better superheroes like Green Lantern and Deadpool.
I believe the word you're looking for is ruining, ruining better superheroes.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:49 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

To be perfectly honest, I am inclined to agree with you about Green Lantern, but there is no conceivable argument suggesting he could ruin Deadpool. He is Deadpool. Its an absolutely perfect cast. I cannot wait for the solo movie, although Im sure Lantern will get fastracked and move ahead of it.
Quote:
Old 02-28-2010, 01:46 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
To be perfectly honest, I am inclined to agree with you about Green Lantern, but there is no conceivable argument suggesting he could ruin Deadpool. He is Deadpool. Its an absolutely perfect cast. I cannot wait for the solo movie, although Im sure Lantern will get fastracked and move ahead of it.
Only the writers will kill Deadpool. I haven't read any Greed Lantern so I can't say anything on that note.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nathan Fillion as Green Lantern would be perfect.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Nathan Fillion as Green Lantern would be perfect.
Nathan Fillion would be perfect in pretty much any role.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:45 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My god, how I love this movie.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:19 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...and this one. Comedy Central is on fire today.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 02-28-2010, 09:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I absolutely hate that movie...I only laughed a few times when I watched it. I cant even really remember at what specifically, either. Time seemed to slow while I was watching it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:31 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I absolutely hate that movie...I only laughed a few times when I watched it. I cant even really remember at what specifically, either. Time seemed to slow while I was watching it.
Every time I've seen it, I've been extremely intoxicated. Luckily, the streak continues.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 03-01-2010, 05:51 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For some reason I really liked Hot Rod. I think the relationship with his dad is hilarious and Isla Fisher is really ******* hot.

cool beans
cool beans
COOL COOL
BEANS BEANS
COOL BEANS

Last edited by Scotty D : 03-01-2010 at 05:54 AM.
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:24 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw A Single Man the other day. Nice movie to watch in theaters. I doubt I'd like it at home on DVD since it's pretty slow. But it's nice to see there's still reason to take anything Colin Firth does serious.

that said there is A LOT of naked men in that movie.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:17 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, as a comedy man, I really loved Hot Rod.

Cheap Laughs, future foreshadowing of SNL movies

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:47 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went and saw Up in the Air last night and I was very tempted to have sexual intercourse with the girl I was with since we were the only two in the theater, but unfortunately, for me, that didn't happen.

Anyway, it was a great movie. Not the best movie of the last year, but Clooney is great and Anna Kendrick was a pleasant surprise. A pretty depressing movie that captures the state of America at the time of lay-offs and down sizing of businesses. This is up there with Syriana as Clooney's best performance, and it's one of the best movies he's been in. He has a very interesting character that didn't really take much for him to get into character... it's basically George Clooney. There are some genuinely funny moments -- a scene with Farmiga and him looking at pieces of plastic that Patrick Bateman would drool over -- as well as some great dramatic moments.

I loved the relationship his character has with Farmiga's, and where it ends. The film ends on a great note... it wasn't overly hopefully and it had character's and people that were aware that they were in hard times and they don't know when it's going to end, but how they overcome that... that was a special moment. This is Jason Reitman's best film to date. I hated Thank You For Smoking and thought Juno was okay, but ultimately, forgettable. I had high expectations since it has a bunch of Oscar nominations and some have called it an instant classic. I don't think it's an overly great movie in any aspect, but it's topic and the way it handles the time period we have been in is done as well as you can do. People can look back at this movie in thirty years and see how devastating a time period we were in. One of the best movies of the year.

Also saw the majority of the The Reader. This is the second time I have tried to watch it, and I got much further into the movie this time. I actually left the room and went to bed with about 15 to 20 minutes left in the movie. Ultimately, the film is weightless and acts as if it is dealing with some kind of profound subject or profound character when Anna Schmitz is just a ****** who can't read. The best scenes are midway through the film, but the reason why Schmitz is sent to prison is so stupid and so moronic that I literally said, "**** this movie, it's a waste of my time." She was ashamed? Wow!! My mind is blown. It's completely worthless. Well made and Winslet is good, but this movie left me feeling nothing other than pure hatred. I was pissed that I had just sat through an hour and a half... and for what? For pretty much nothing. A girl screws a little boy, then gets sent to prison for the rest of her life, is then released... and that's as far as got... and that took 1 hr and 40 min. What a piece of **** movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:13 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hot Rod is terribly unfunny, but Isla Fisher is unfairly hot. It was a wash.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Hot Rod is terribly unfunny, but Isla Fisher is unfairly hot. It was a wash.
Its on again!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 03-01-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hot Rod is a little too weird in some parts, but I like it.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote